One of the biggest problems we face is the notion of European this and Euroepan that. If a person is locked into his/her room all day or all week or all through his/her life, it becomes easy to perceive that the entire world in composed of four walls with pictures hanging them, a bed, a tv set, a computer etc. This is because the person's view is limited. A similar thing often happens to us here in the Diaspora, the USA. We have been enslaved here and forced to accept a culture and world view that is very, very limited. To overcome this handicap, we must begin by seeing that we are Africans. This means that we did not originate here in America. Our history is in Africa...our heritage is in Africa. So, we must learn to see the world through our own eyes, not through the eyes of the Europeans, the "white man". When we look at the world from the point of view of Africa, we will not be concerned about Ameican capitalism as such. While Europenas were still living in cages, during the Dark Ages, during the Ages of the Barbarians, long before any kind of civilization reached Europe, we in Africa had our own economy. This is known as traditional African economy. What defines this economy? Kwame Nkrumah has explained that collectivism and communalism were key elements in traditional African economics. This is opposed to the barbaric Euroepean values of individualism, and private ownership. At the same time, things began to fall apart (See Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart) with the rise of the Roman Empire which which was based to a large extent on slavery. We are taught to admire and look up to Cleopatra. But, it was Cleopatra who sold Egypt to Rome. Thus, Europe began to penetrate Africa. It is at this point that we begin to see Africans slaves appear in Europe. In the face of this brutality, savagery and oppression, Islam appears to challenge slavery. Islam is the the third of the Abrahamic religions. The very first of these religions, Judaism emerges as a fight against slavery. Remember Moses (Peace and Blessings be upon him)? Christianity continued the fight. So, no wonder the Romans persecuted Christianity, starting with the crucification of Jesus (Peace and Blessings be upon him.) It was not until the essential Messgage of GOD had been distorted to accomodate western European values that the Christian Roman Empeire replaced the old Roman Empire. What did they do? Remember the Christioan Crusades? The Crusades were essentially defeated. But, the Spanish Inqusistion came. The year was 1492. "Columbus discovered America". In North Africa, Islam was the order of the day. But, in so-called Black Africa, there still prevailed pre-Islamic society characterized by the oppression of women and human sacrifice to pagan deities. In this context, it was not difficult to convince a "Black" African to sale another "Black" African into slavery. The fact is, slavery was better than slaughter to pagan deities. Phyllis Wheatley probably said it better than anyone else: Twas mercy brought me from my Pagan Land Taught my benighted soul to understand That there's a God, that there's a Saviour too Once I redemption neither sought nor knew Some view our sable race with scornful eye "Their color is a dialotoc die." Remember, Christian, Negroes black as Cain May be refin'd, and join the angelic train Like most things in this culture, this little poem has been used to justify slavery. Actually, the sister was against slavery. But, she was intelligent enough to know that slavery was part of pagan Africa. So, by being against paganism, she was against American slavery. So. let us be clear about it: American capitalism is corrupt to the core because it based on slavery. Slavery is based on paganism in western Europe and Africa, "Black" Africa. Christianity opposed slavery in its real and true expression. Islam continues the opposition. So, when we oppose Islam under the pretext of fighting "fundamentalism" we oppose the the essence of Christianity and Judaism. In other words, captilalism is incompatible with Judaism and Christianity and Islam. In fact, it is incompatible with all civilized religion in the world. Now, let's look at it from another perspective. In Ameircan society a very small percentage of the population, 3%, is enjoying economic prosperity. The other 97% is actually going backwards, not forward, economically. In the world, America is a small part of western Europe. Western Europe is a small part of Europe. Europe is a small part of the world. All Europeans together are less than 20% of the world's population. The Muslims are 25%. The Chinese are 25%. The Africans are 25%. The Africans and Muslims together are about 50%. When we count the Asians we have at least 75%. This includes African Muslims and African Christians, plus a few non-beleivers or pagans. The majority of Africans are Muslims. Christianity is the second largest. This is the answer. We start with Moses (Peace and Blessings be upom him). Anti-slavery, anti-capitalism. This leaves us with socialism. What many of us do not know is that Islam also offers an economic principle. Interstingly enough, Islam does not oppose socialism. Yet capitalism has somehow found conflict with socialism as seen in the Cold War. When the Soviet Union collapsed, Papa Bush called for a "New World Order". This was little more than a code word for an attack against Islam. So, we see capitalism at war against socialism and Islam. Together this is about 75% of the world' population, at least. 20% of humanity is supposed to rule 75%? It does not take a rockey scientist to see who id going to win this war, not the Bush Gang.