Brother SAMURAI - Family

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Destee, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings,

I feel i need to respond one last time, to what took place in another thread, beginning with my participation in it, post #186.

In it, Brother SAMURAI asked for evidence that he'd ever attacked anyone in this community. I chose to present the post where he attacked his Father. If i thought anything less would have encouraged him to stop, i would have used that ... but he has long since ignored all of those examples ... and i felt it was going to take something that packed a more powerful punch, than all i'd tried before.

I lowered myself a little, had to get down in the mud with him a bit, getting me dirty ... to make my point to him ... how ugly he acts way too much of the time. Though not my proudest moment, i did not break a rule. I have always told everyone, that once something is posted in this community, it is open to discussion. Below you will find several links where i've said this same thing:

06-01-05 - Me Responding to Sister River

04-28-06 - Me Responding to Sister Karmashines

08-03-06 - Me Responding To Sister River

In addition to the above, it really should be basic common sense. If you don't want something discussed, you should not put it on a discussion forum. No matter that, my using it was a little less considerate than i normally am ... but this is not a normal situation ... the amount of time and energy i've invested in trying to get Brother SAMURAI to interact within the confines of our rules, peace, and purpose ... have taken a toll on me. At that point, i was just clutching for straws, and not making the best decisions. The best decision would have been to ban him, rather than me behaving outside of myself. For this Family, i do apologize.

But that's all i apologize for ... as i stand firmly on my position as it relates to us respecting our parents.

For those who are wondering, maybe even believing, that i did something wrong, by calling Brother SAMURAI out on his public attack of his Father ... please know that this is a long held position of mine, one that i am very adamant about ... and will continue to speak to it, whenever i see it, and am moved in my Spirit accordingly. Brother SAMURAI suggests that he is the only person i've spoke to about this, and that's not true. I spoke to Sister Cursed Heart about the very same thing. She was talking negatively, in my opinion, about her GrandFather. I absolutely believe that we do ourselves a great disservice, both individually and collectively, when we disrespect those who have come / or gone before us. I've even created a thread speaking directly to this, Honoring Our Elders, and i still stand by every word of that, even though it was posted more than 2 years ago ... before Brother SAMURAI or Sister Cursed Heart ever joined this community.

Recently, just a few days ago it seems, we had a pretty heated discussion in the voice video chat room regarding this same topic. Oh, it was about a week or so ago, i had stood in for Brother OldSoul's class and was just kinda throwing topics out. One of them was how i believed that the way Eminem totally disrespected his Mother in a rap song, was really just a seed being planted, for our young Sisters and Brothers to begin doing the same. Some Members in the chat room shared with me how some folk have had very challenging childhoods, experiences with their parents, etc., and they may need whatever is gained by talking about those times, venting, talking about their parents in ugly ways ... as a form of therapy. I said then, and i say now, it will not be happening here.

It's rare that someone will be talking negatively about their parents, in this community, and i see that and not speak to it. There is only one other time, where a discussion took place, that i'm aware of, where Members were dissing their Mother / Father, and i didn't say anything about it. I started to say something, but then once the thread got started, and so many people began sharing their childhood horror stories of how their parents hated them, and they hated their parents, or stuff like that ... i slowly backed away from it. I thought to myself, gosh, they must need this! Okay. I won't say anything. I won't look. I'll let them have this moment. But that is the only time that i've ever seen such, and not spoke to it.

There is nothing in me that is going to allow folk to talk ugly about their Mother or Father here ... not grown people ... not adults. Now if you're a child, going through something, needing assistance with how to deal with your parent ... sure ... we're here to help in any way we can. But if God has blessed you to be a grown man or woman, and you are still talking about what your Mother or Father did ... yet they didn't kill you at birth ... but instead, let you live ... and you're here now ... and all you can do is want to present them in a negative light ... you cannot do that here. Not any old ugly kinda negative way. No. I'm sorry. I'm sure there is a site somewhere ... i hate my parents . com ... that you can visit and get what you need.

This community cannot be all things to all people, and we're not trying.

Now, i wasn't as harsh with Sister Cursed Heart, as i was with Brother SAMURAI. This i will admit. Sister Cursed Heart has not been the disruptive force in this community, that Brother SAMURAI has been. A gentle nudge was all that she needed. But Brother SAMURAI, he has basically ignored all of my requests and warnings to stop being contentious, disruptive, demeaning, disrespectful, etc., and something more harsh was required. My evidence for this, the links below, are only a portion of my interactions with Brother SAMURAI since he joined us. They primarily represent me continually begging him to respect our people, peace, and purpose.

Now please keep in mind, the above is only a portion of time and energy i've had to give, in order to moderate Brother SAMURAI. It does not represent the time Moderators have invested in him. It does not represent the many times i just looked away, or cringed at his attacks on women, Christians, etc. It is not a reflection of the whole, by any means, but i think you get the picture.

As i went back searching, to create this thread, i read so many times where i said to Brother SAMURAI ... this is the last time, your last warning. So i can't totally blame him for doing what he's been allowed to do ... continually disrespect our people, purpose, and peace. But that is over now. This is the last time, the last warning.

Brother SAMURAI ... if you do anything else, that slightly resembles what i consider an attack, you will be banned. If you need additional criteria, regarding what that might mean ... how i define attack ... please review the links above. There is absolutely nothing new i can say to you about this. There will be no more warnings, fanfare, or discussion about your negative behavior in this community.

You claim that i have not invested time in you, but there is no other Member, that i've given more of my time and attention to.

I do hope that you'll change considerably, the energy you bring here. It's not fair to the community, that i allow this to continue. Others have been banned for far less. Plus i'm really tired of trying. I hope that you'll adjust yourself so that you can remain with us ... stopping to think 2, 3, or even 4 times, before you press that SUBMIT button.

Brother SAMURAI ... if you choose to continue as you have in the past, you will be immediately banned, at the first sign of it.

No more talking, from me, about this.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow !
    get right Brother is all i can say ...fly str8.

3. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Some people just dont know when to stop.
    http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=454385&postcount=102
    http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=454391&postcount=104

This is a pattern of behavior which is similar to that described by another member.
    http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=343463&postcount=99

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    C'mon Brother O ... let's give Brother SAMURAI a real chance to do better.

I read those posts, and none of them rise to the level of disruptive, mean, ugly, or any of that.

It seems he's just sharing his opinion, questioning yours, and/or disagreeing. He's allowed to do that.

I think it's going to be quite a challenge, for Brother SAMURAI to satisfy me, let alone everyone.

Don't worry ... i've become an expert at picking out his ugliness ... let me do it ... k ?

Thanks ... Love You! :love:

Destee

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have refrained from posting in threads which he has started (authored).

When someone continues to state openly that I am a LIAR, whether stated or implied, on a constant basis, I hardly view this as "just sharing his opinion".

If there is nothing, in your opinion, that he has stated in that thread that signifies "disrespect", I will honor your opinion.

PEACE.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother O ... he said something was false ... he didn't say you were a liar.

There is a difference.

I know better than anyone, the challenge Brother SAMURAI has brought to this community. No one is as tired of it, as i am, for no one has labored with him like i have (evidenced by the links in my original post).

I really want him to do better, and stay with us, which is why i went through all the trouble of continually warning him, including this thread. I think he wants to be here too. Let's give him a real chance to adjust himself.

Remember, we're about building together, if there is any way possible.

Thanks.

Destee

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I just happened to be browsing through the site, in different sections and threads, and saw this thread.

This not only failed, but countermanded any perspective that you might have, in mine eyes.

And, in the meantime, you've still not demonstrated where I have outwardly attacked anyone, up to and including my father.

You lowered yourself alot. And the point continues to be amiss.

The issue is not discussing a sensitive topic, that had willfully been divulged to the public. It's the insensitive and disrespectful manner in which it was used. However, you admit to "lowering yourself", and that is the rule that I declare to be broken.

Someone who makes the assertion that we should not tear others down, did so with this very tactic. Otherwise, how did you view lowering yourself?

In this thread, you offered a biased opinion about what you thought RIVER's motives were. You had no proof of this, and thus it could easily be construed as an "attack", even by your standards.

I don't know the specifics of that situation, thus I'd not care to speak on it directly. I do know, that from what I've read, I find it rather unfortunate that a person who was of humble character was banned.

This example leads me to this point: since you requested of RIVER in that thread, to offer suggestions.....Mine would be, to put a disclaimer of some sort in that any personal information that is publicly shared here, can become the subject of discussion by all members.

Had I known that my personal aspect of my life would be used against me in such a low blow--misconstrued, taken out of context, etc, I would most certainly not have shared it in this manner.

See above. "Common sense" flies in the face of us being encouraged to "love and uplift one another". That is the premise under which I shared this info. Granted, I did relinquish my common sense, for the purpose of partaking in an ideality. That was indeed my crime here, for I have no one to blame save myself for the result.

I maintain, that my purpose for sharing that info was not to disparage my father. It was to demonstrate that he and I had a rough relationship, to say the least, but that end the end, our relationship became better.

However, you were not, and still are not, interested in viewing it as such, even though this was clearly demonstrated.

I maintain, again, that this was not an attack. If we cannot feel comfortable sharing our plights amongst our people, where then can we share them? And, if not, what is the point of having what you allege to be a "loving, uplifting community"?

I disagree; this tactic on your part was in usual form for you. I've seen you demonstrate bias in past occasions--both to myself, as well as to others here. And no one is safe from it.

The problem here, is that you paint me as the villain and scapegoat for all the problems that your site has, and has had despite my presence here.

There are times--the one time in which you banned me notwithstanding--that I had willingly taken hiatus from on-line participations, due to concerns and responsibilities in my own life.

And, each time when I'd return, without exception, I found that the atmosphere was no different than when I left. But again, the bias was apparent.

Again, you are painting yourself as the victim. A victim, by very definition, is not one that willfully participates in the very situation that they find themselves suffering from.

If not, who then, do I get to blame for my shortcomings?

AND, all the while, you seem to ignore, both then, and now, the fact that I had asked for you to converse with me IN PRIVATE, many of the concerns that I have had during my time here, up to and including:

*Why I have chosen not to contribute financially to you

*Concerns I have had with other members, and they with me

*Suggestions I have had for the improvement of the community

Not only did you ignore these requests, but you also spurned them.

Here's the logic (or the lack thereof): if we are to be cautious with what we share publicly here, what then is the alternative, since you seem to, at your leisure, shoot down any requests for private interaction?

This site, by deliberate design, is not condusive to private interaction, unless under certain circumstances.

However, none of this, have you accounted for, in your biased, and false accusations of me.

Firstly, please stop saying that I have attacked my father, for that is a LIE. If you continue to say this, I'm going to be forced to call you a LIAR.

A LIAR is not someone who tells one lie, or even a lie here or there.....It is a person who LIES repeatedly, despite being cautioned against doing so.

You are LYING, by accusing me of attacking my father.

The problem with this, is that no where in this statement allows for hurtful circumstances to be talked about. That is why so many of us (especially Black women, whom you claim I have "attacked") walk through life in shame, afraid to share their pain with others (a knowledge that could very well help others in some way--which, ironically, was my point for sharing my story) because terrible things have happened to us, and usually almost always by our "elders" who have abused not only us, but their privilege as "Elders".

It is for that reason that I translate "Elder" as something different from you, and will continue to always do so.

I disagree with a great majority of your ideas, perspectives, etc. They simply do not jibe with my reality, nor the reality of anyone I personally know. We come from 2 different worlds, on many different levels. I, however, am prepared to respect the difference. But it appears that you are not, especially if you are only concerned with molding my perspective to mirror yours, and making this effort to be as a contingent for my being on your community.

Then, you should seriously reconsider your motives for this site, as a whole. If it's merely for people to sign on, and smile and give hugs and talk nice to each other (I personally despise forced and artificial niceties; all the insincere ":grouphug:'s" and ":heart:'s" after statements of scorn and disrespect; that's why you don't catch me saying "PEACE" or "HOTEP" after statements where the sentiment was not returned), then perhaps you should state this upon new members signing up, along with the disclaimer about not sharing personal business.

We in the real world, especially as Black people, recognize that life is harder, simply because we are Black, as well as in spite of it. This is reflected in everything about us.

Your myopic, unrealistic view of how people should behave, only serves as a levee that is ill-equipped to house reality that it dams.....And thus, explodes at every opport.

For all the threads of "we need to heal", this is apparently not the place for us to do it, for one cannot be about "loving and uplifting" a people who need desparately to heal first. Whether it's CURSED HEART, or KARMASHINES, or myself, or the NUMEROUS others who have come here and have shared our perspectives, only to have them thrown in our faces, it merely proves that the need to share these hurtful scenarios with others who we thought we could trust (because they want to "love and uplift" us) is more prevelant than your myopia will allow for--in life proper, and specifically on here.

However, I do agree with your notion about EMINEM: the song in question demonstrates how he wants to KILL his mother.

On top of that, his song FOOLISH PRIDE, demonstrates his blatant hatred for Black women.

None of these things I approve of, because, quite simply, these are blatant examples of an attack.

Neither CURSED HEART, nor myself, nor anyone else has spoken that we wish to do our respective parents/guardians/elders harm. I love my father very, very much. All that I do for him (these are personal matters; believe me, I have learned that I will NEVER share these things here), I do out of love for him. And believe me, I do more than my share.

I have not attacked him. Nor would I ever. Further, I asked you to demonstrate how my words about my father were an attack, and you did not.....Simply because you CANNOT. You know it, and I know it.

In lieu, you have merely slandered my character with your empty notions about me.

You have merely proved my point from above. What good is this community, if we cannot share our hurts as Black people? AND, what was the difference between what they did, and what I did?

Is it that you would have looked like the villian that you are, had you stepped in amongst so many people? Is it easier to make one person the villian, rather than "so many people"?

My story was no different than what you have alluded to, regarding theirs (notice that you did not post that thread here, as you have done with others, in attempts to incriminate me....No doubt because you realize that doing so would incriminate you).

The reality is, that, as you yourself stated, our people DO "need this". We need to be able to share these experiences, and with each other, and as often as possible.

I thought, based on your premise of "loving and uplifting one another", with the big old :grouphug: and :angel1: and :heart: smileys, that this would be the place for this.

Obviously it is not. So perhaps along with the disclaimers of "talking nice" and "not sharing personal info", another disclaimer should be that this site is not for the purpose of actually healing Black people.

Do you know how to do anything, beyond misrepresent the words and statements of others?

"....but instead, let you live......."

This is the most insensitive flotsam that I've ever heard. In some people's upbringing, the only reason they are even alive to talk about it to this day, is because someone interceded. That's the purpose of sharing our stories with others, so that others may glean wisdom from them.

For all your talk of accusing others of "SELF-HATE" (which I'll address momentarily), you demonstrate the most putrid example of it: sit in silence, never learning, never healing, and never allowing for others to do the same.

Something in me tells me that you were perhaps a victim of some abuse yourself.

It's a good thing that no one (that I've seen)--certainly not myself--has stated in any fashion that "I hate my parents". Especially when, in the thread in question, I REPEATEDLY stated that I love my father.

This is just another attempt of exaggeration on your part.....Which walks a very fine line against LIES.

I'm not sure what you're "trying" to be here, any more.

Yes, let us scrutinize this "evidence" of yours:

• It's not that I "walked in complaining" that is the issue (addressing a concern is equivolent to complaining? :confused: "Complaining" is something that is done continuously; you have never heard me speak on this issue since then), but rather what I was "complaining" about. In the meantime, please notice that I specifically stated, even as I "walked in", the following:

I stated my claim from the very beginning, for my desire for privacy.

Uhmmm, what is this "evidence" of? You merely said "welcome home", and waved at me. You didn't "warn" me of anything in this thread. What was your purpose for mentioning this here?

OK, I'm noticing here, that all you are doing, is creating a long list, of instances that you are merely stretching out, in order to make me look like I have this long "rap sheet".

The above 2 links are actually ONE INSTANCE, not 2 separate ones as you have attempted to present it.

However, I declare STARES DECISIS upon the statement in the above link that I made:

The same holds true now, as it did then.

You have a nasty habit of picking and choosing what you wish to acknowledge and/or respond to from others, only when it suits your needs and perspectives.

I will not allow you to do this, especially as my character is on the line.

Instead of posting merely your statement(s) here (which is deceitfully misleading, especially out of context--but then, you have demonstrated that you are not very interested in context), perhaps it would suit all those who read this, if you post a link for the entire thread.

As such, the thread in question demonstrates my defending a sister (yet, I'm accused of "attacking women"???) from a Brother who blatantly disrespected her, by propositioning her for sex on here:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=331875&postcount=54

Take notice also, that I was bearly even participating in the thread in question, up until the time in which the disrespect was leveled upon our Sister.

The problem I have with your "examples of evidence", is that you present them in a very biased, circumstantial way.

Yet another example, of your taking my statements out of context.

My statement was not an "attack". It is a FACT that the God MLK worshipped, was the WHITE JESUS.

For you, of all people, to initiate a thread about "SELF HATE" (this very one in question), and yet not recognize that worshipping a White God is the epitome of this, no matter who does it, is sad.

Further, I maintain that I did not "attack" MLK; I merely offered a balanced perspective. Just because someone is a "Leader", "Elder" etc, does not mean their actions are reprievable.

If that's the case, then by the very same logic, we should say nothing bad about GW BUSH. There are some people (though I am not one of them) that could argue that he was a "great leader", that has "done so much for his people".

Yet, people bad mouth, negatively critique, and even "attack" (by both our standards) him on a regular.

Being Black does not make you above scrutiny, nor does being an elder or even a woman. That is not truly "loving and uplifting our people", by merely overlooking or ignoring their faults.

Our people have a nasty habit of overlooking our shortcomings and indescrepcancies (or at least, picking and choosing when they wish to do so). We have no idea of how to police ourselves, and when the attempt is made, the criteria for doing so is never established.

Once again, you are trumping up one charge, making it seem as if it were 2.

Worse, this is a thread that YOU started, in which YOU sought to vent about the issues on the site.

To flawlessly argue your point against you--and using your own words, no less:

Even in the first post of this very thread that YOU created, you blatantly stated:

Here you have done the very thing in which you attempt to caution others of here (what happened to "common sense"?).

Yet, when I took the very liberties with your statements, that you have taken with mine, you got upset with me, in very much the same way that I have tendered a grievance with you.

Good morning pot, what color is your kettle? :?:

Same thread, and discussion as above. This does not constitute being "warned again".

Same thing: same discussion, same thread. These are not separate instances.

If this were a court of law, this case would have been dismissed a long time ago, and a call for wasting tax-payers' dollars would have ensued.

And yes, why was I banned? All you could state was:

Yet I hadn't done anything at that precise moment. I made a joke, that you admitted to not understanding, all in good jesture.

And, even further demonstrating your bias, you banned a Brother who had done absolutely nothing--neither prior or since that incident. The Brother merely spoke on my behalf.

Where was the fairness in this?

Apparently speaking truthfully and from the heart is not apart of "loving and uplifting our people"....You can defend MLK and NEELY FULLER, and feel justified in so doing, yet another Brother cannot speak in defense of me, without getting banned?

You've even "attacked" (by your own standards) the Brother Elder here, for defending me.

These are 2 good Brothers....They both have communicated with me at length and at their own initiation, both on and outside of this site. Is it possible that they might see something in me, that you have not put forth the effort to see?

This is your example? The same Brother who was propositioning women for sex on your site? It's interesting, that you would accuse RIVER of biased thinking, but not see that this Brother was doing the same thing.....

Could it have been that he was jealous of my friendship with the woman who spurned him?

Afterall, he alluded to such:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=331730&postcount=33

Your examples are atrocious. Even I can think of better examples for you to use against me, that would be far more befitting of your point. Yet, the fact that you cannot, only hurts your point, instead of proving it.

Another example of taking my statements out of context. This was the thread in which I addressed the "joke" that was made, for which I was banned.

This thread was entitled "Changing our Current Definition of Racism. e.g White Supremacy".

It's painfully obvious, that you do not, nor have not participated on round-table discussions, and/or debates. During those occasions, all ideas are placed before the floor (publicly, might I add), and scrutinized.

It appears, that all you are concerned with, is that every one sit here and nod their heads in agreement to what everyone else says, gives a :grouphug:, and keeps it moving. Every debate and disagreement, in your view, is a "disruption".

In the meantime, this Brother in the above thread, was the first to "attack" (by your standards) me. He had also done so in other threads (funny, I don't see those threads listed here :?: ), and I merely defended myself.

You'll find that the recurring theme here, is that I am usually speaking in defense; of others, and of myself.

Where was the warning here? You merely gave me a critique of myself--one that I didn't agree with, and still don't.

Rarely do I ever find you in debates with people on here; I've come to learn that you are rather uncomfortable and/or incapable of doing so. That is why it's rather difficult (impossible) to gauge what your measurement for "attacks" are, because I've never seen how you conduct yourself in disagreements--outside of those with me, of course.

Most people spend their time either placating to you, or ignoring you, as it comes to discussions. Those that don't do this (such as myself and KEMETSTRY) are met with scorn and threats. The only other person I see challenging your perspectives (outside of myselfand KEM), is the BROTHER ELDER....And on several occasions, you merely ignored him.

This leads me to conclude, that because you are ill-equipped for discussions of these sorts, you are equally so to criticize them when they occur.

That's a good way of referring to this, because that's pretty much what all of these scenarios that you have listed here amount to: merely a "Fuss".

You chose to "attack" me (by both your standards, and mine), because chose (and continue to do so) not to contribute to you financially.

This "fuss" was at your instigation. Yet, I don't see you acknowledging that here.

This is a LIE.

I'd asked you and another person here, to PROVE where I attacked FULLER. It proves continually difficult (impossible) for you to do so.

In the meantime, this was the example that I had recently asked both of you to cite instances of an attack in that thread:

Here, I am demonstrating that I wanted an example from the NEELY FULLER thread. Neither you, nor the person I asked this of, have been able to supply this.

Instead......

.....You admittedly "lowered yourself" and went totally left field, and pulled an allegement, from.......Somewhere :poop: ....And misrepresented and misconstrued it.

No one here, save you, and a couple of other of my detractors (both equally biased) saw this as an attack. Yet, you feel content to perceive it as so, even as you blatantly butchered my statement to make it fit within your narrow reasoning:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=454053&postcount=213

Even as I had specifically asked you to deal with my statement in its entirety:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=453990&postcount=188

But, not only did you refuse, but you also flat-out ignored my request (as you so often do), because you were convinced that your presentation was accurate, when it truly was not.

So much for the lion's share of your accusations.

A skewed picture, especially since your accusations of my "attacking women, Christians, etc" are equally baseless. I'd challenge you to post some of those examples here as well, but I know that you would be totally incapable of doing so.

But, I am tired of defending what needs not be defended.

You need not waste any more "energy" on me, be it typing or otherwise.

I have already alluded, in Our Most Recent Exchange, that I'm coming to the point where I think another hiatus is in order anyways, even outside of the goings-on here. Usually, the lion's share of my time here takes place when I am at work, especially during slower occasions.

Now, with work picking back up, and research becoming more intensive, I'm not going to have the time to maintain many of my on-line endeavors (not just on here) as I would like.

This, coupled with the fact that other extra-cirricular endeavors are also about to open up for me.....

I'm saying all this to say, that what you want or desire of me, is becoming a moot point.

You'll notice, that I rarely spend more than 3 or 4 months at a time here anyways.

However, more and more, you've demonstrated (numerous times) that you really have very little interest in my being here......Thus, the responsibility lies with me, to gauge why I would continue to venture to a place where I'm not wanted, especially after advising others of the same notion.

Frankly, with your biased presentation of me, I'm surprised as to why I've been allowed to stay here at all, considering the (misrepresented) circumstances.

I've asked you this before, and I'd never received an answer (as usual).....

Since I'm "attacking" everyone and everything, from women, to Elders, to Christians and everything in between....what good qualities have you taken notice to? What worth do I demonstrate for you, that would make you want for me to "adjust my behavior", for the purpose of staying?

I don't contribute financially to you (something that has definitely struck a cord with you), and I doubt that I ever will.

I don't agree with a great many of your ideas, neither in premise nor in presentation, and again, that I ever will is doubtful.

Never have I seen or heard you say "that's a good point, SAMURAI", or "I like that you said such-n-such, SAMURAI" on any occasion.

So what value do you see? :confused:

Perhaps that is something that you should consider.....Or perhaps not even bother doing so. Otherwise, it seems that there is some fetish for you, to have me stay here for no other reason, than to "whip {someone like} me into shape", :whip: and make me fall in line to what you wish for me to be(come), despite my not having any redeemable value.

So no, you needn't worry; one way or another, you will not have the chance to do to me, that which you have been threatening to do all along. I won't give you the satisfaction.

Consider this my indefinite departure from all that is you and yours.

For those that I have a great respect and fondness for, and hopefully mutually so, and that wish to continue to have communications with me, many of you know how to do so, and those who don't, feel free to get with those that do, for the purpose of doing so.

I'm not entirely difficult to reach.

To those individuals, I say PEACE.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    As much, and I mean as MUCH as I have no business in this thread, after reading through the thread, I am FORCED to say that Brotha SAM has probably been the ONLY Brotha to interest me in posts/threads. I am speaking this NOT as a Forum Member, but as a YOUNG BLACK MAN of the Family. It is Brothas like this who give me courage (I don't even need to pull the threads; he knows what I mean) to go into the Real World as a Black Man...BUT EXERCISE CAUTION as you do so. In other words, speak Truly and be True to yourself, but watch your actions, and watch what you do.

Yes, he may upset others with what he says, but what do you think others are saying when you put post something? Not only through him, but even others here in the Destee Family have shown me that no matter how nice or ugly you state something, it will not ALWAYS be taken something worth appraisal and appreciation. I guarantee you that if some people can just practice ignoring posts that will get them into something, and responding to those that bring the best and brightest out of them, things will be much better.

We should practice bringing FACTS together, and have respect and patience for those who disagree with us. For example, I have learned that we have Black people who still follow and worship a White Jesus (out of ignorance, because when you ask them proof that Jesus existed, they only regurgitate the Bible). Instead of trying to shove Knowledge down their Cognitive "think-tank," I am patient with them, and tell them the Truth is there when they are ready. If you know what you are educing is factual, and they reject it, then that is on them. However, as a People, we have more important things to do, rather than fight and :argue:.

In closing, I will just say be patient with the Brotha, as he is patient with you (Reciprocity). Notwithstanding how others feel about him, I see a MAN inside of him, that is not afraid to tell it how it needs to be told. It is only when emotions get involved that things get out of hand. He has brought forth some True information, spoke his mind, and I think he should respected for that. As far as I have seen, he has not seriously threatened or rudly dis-respected anyone; he has only brought forth that which is true to his understanding. Even I got into it with him a year ago, but guess what? Due to the FACTS he brought forth, in response to my EMOTIONAL rhetoric, I became a better person inside and out. I honestly don't know how someone (especially him) could have handle me and my (emotional) Self at that time! It is what Psychologists call COGNITIVE DISSONANCE. He had PATIENCE, and as a result, I have learned to have PATIENCE when dealing with something like that.

Well I am throught for now - I leave with the following suggestions:

BE YE PATIENT
    BE YE BALANCED

KD

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother SAMURAI ... as i said, i'm through talking about it, and i'm glad you're leaving on your own.

Since you've had your final say ... and you're leaving anyway ...

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.