Brother MADDRAPPER

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Destee, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Brother MADD,

First of all, i'd probably email you or PM you, or do something so that we can talk privately regarding this issue, but i don't have that access to you. There is a part of me that's glad i don't, cause i like everything to be out in the open anyway.

I'd like to ask the rest of the Family not to respond to this thread please. I'd like this discussion to be between MADD and myself only. Thank you in advance.

Brother MADD ... we've gone round and round and i just don't know what else to do at this point. You said the following to Brother Khasm, in response to his question regarding whether you see anyone else's work here or not ...

Brother MADD ... i'm not sure if you know why you were banned for those 2 weeks before. As i think back on the thread that announced that banning, i suppose it could have been spelled out more clearly, the specific violations that were being cited. For that reason, as well as the fact that i love you, appreciate you, and want you to always be a part of this community, i'm taking the time to try one last time, to resolve this with you.

Brother MADD ... you have been here since the beginning. You are an elder in this community. You have never really given a lot of love to other poets, yet this has been tolerated. Over the past few years, we've implemented this policy where folk must give love to the work already present, if they want to share their work and receive the love given. It seems like a reasonable exchange, yet you seem to resist doing this.

You complain about the fact that you don't receive love in the manner that you'd like, but Brother MADD, you don't hardly give no love either. You are an elder of this community, in that you've been here since the beginning. You should be leading the way, showing the new poets how to live here, but instead, we have to beg you, fight with you, argue with you, ban you, in an effort to get you to do this ... and all of these efforts seem to be in vain.

Brother MADD ... this is not good. New Members join us, and they see you posting your work, never giving any love, watching others complain about you not giving love, watching Moderators tolerate this ... so they think they can do it too. So now we have lots of Members doing the same thing. I'm not suggesting this is all your fault, because it can't be all your fault ... management (the Moderators and myself) is at fault too ... but it's wrong for us to enforce rules on others, that we don't enforce on you.

In addition to you not giving love to the other poets ... in a manner that would be consistent with your long Membership here ... when you were "giving love" to the other poets, many complained that they felt you were disrespecting their work ... adding flows to it that just didn't seem complimentary at all. I personally received emails and PM's from Members complaining about the way you responded to their work. It was as though you were trying to make a statement ... that if you must say something to their work ... it wouldn't be something nice.

Well ... in case you didn't know ... those were the 2 reasons you were banned for 2 weeks ... because you don't give love to others and when you did, it was not nice.

Brother MADD ... i have heard your complaints about the other Members not giving your work any love. I'm sorry, but i don't have a lot of sympathy for this defense. I believe that if you sincerely started giving love to the other work found here ... and not just posting your own ... the other poets would give that same love back to you. Again, i go back to the fact that you are one of the oldest Members here. You have the ability to set the tone for new Members. If they see you giving love, they will follow your lead ... but you must lead the way.

Brother MADD ... it's at the point now that something must be done. Other Members are joining, and doing the same thing you are doing ... posting their work and not giving love. Before we can begin to fuss at them (and we do plan on fussing at them), we have to address your doing it ... because all they have to say is ... you don't say anything to MADD.

Brother MADD ... we have already banned you for 2 weeks ... there is nothing left to do but ban you permanently. I don't want to do that. I want to try to work this out with you ... so please ... talk to me ... tell me what's really going on. Tell me what needs to be done, so that you can begin giving love in the same manner that you want to receive it.

Let's talk it out. Please feel free to tell me the whole truth ... i'm listening.

Again ... thanks Family for not responding to this thread. It is for Brother MADD and myself only.

:heart:

Destee

2. MADDRAPPER

MADDRAPPER Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
  3. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
  4. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
  5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    BROTHER MADD ... there is no set limit of responses you must give to another. We've resisted setting a limit like some other sites, because we want the Sisters and Brothers here to do this from their heart, not because they have to meet a quota. This entire community is about giving love to each other and it is our hope that each Member will give MORE love to other poets, than they post of their own work.

I looked at all 3 of the threads you linked above ... and they each have in them responses from you ... where you are giving love to those 3 poets ... but they were all posted today.

I'm not sure why you directed me to them, are you trying to show me that you are now giving love to other poets ... as of today?

In your response to Brother Khasm, you said if you speak on this, you must tell the truth. Please, speak on this.

Destee

6. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
  7. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
  8. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
  9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother MADD ... it is good that you are now giving love to some of the other work here. Though it is almost a day late and a dollar short, i'm going to count it as the true effort that it is. I appreciate you trying to make this change. Thank You.

MADD ... i need you to understand this ... that we will not be asking you to give love to other poets again. It is a rule here, Give Love or Leave. You must continue to do this, on your own. If you go back to your old ways, of posting your work, and not giving love to others, you will be permanently banned ... with no additional warnings or conversation.

Please tell me that you understand what i'm saying, and i will move this thread from out of the poetry forum and this issue will be closed forever.

Destee

10. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
    A BEAUTIFUL LADY BUT A TIGER WHEN COMES TO PUSHING YOUR WAY THATS ALL THAT COUNT OK I UNDERSTAND IF I POST AGAIN WILL RESPOND

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.