destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings,

I see that you're back with us, using a different name (again).

At least it looks like you, as the IP address is the same as before.

You're welcome to stay, as long as you don't break the rules, and disrupt our peace.

If you do either of these things, you will be banned, immediately.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee, I would certainly welcome Bro. Isaiah back but I don't condone at all the disrespectful way he talked to you, and didn't really understand why he did it because it seemed like you two were fond of each other, the way he used to flirt with you. So, it really surprised and confused me, though I don't know the entire history between you two.

I think that what happened between the two of you ties directly in with a few threads here, but mainly it has to do with why it is that so many Black males lash out at Black women AND why it is that, as Bro Papi highlighted,they turn on each other and kill each other so frequently.

There really needs to be a national summit called to talk about those two issues, or just the one issue of Black male anger. However, I know that right away, Al and Jesse would start saying that white folks need to give Black folks more money. :lol: That's always the bottom line with them, and I'm not criticizing them because there should be other leaders out there asking for other things that we need. Mainly, Black folks need to heal amongst ourselves, and white folks ain't got nothin to do with that.

Anyway, Bro. Papi says that the anger stems mainly from Black males feelings of powerlessness and their perception of the upside-down arrangement of things in the Black community, where they perceive that Black females dominate. He said this causes many Black males to resent Black females--their Mamas AND other Black females, and use us as convenient, soft targets to vent their anger. Maybe Bro. Isaiah saw you as one of those dominant females and connected you to other Black females who always seem to, to them, to be in control. It's so twisted and this is why I think that Black males need to start looking inside themselves a lot more and talking with each other honestly. They need to drop those fronts, all of that "cool" posturing and that Black male "swagger" and just be real before they drive Black women away totally.

It so ironic that so many Black men don't seem to realize that Black women don't want to be dominant or these STRONG mules--these beasts of burden for the Black community. When you're seen as STRONG, everybody wants to pile their burdens on you, and nobody wants to take care of your needs because they see you as so STRONG. I know I don't want any man to see me as STRONG. Ever!!

You know what's so confusing? The men are angry at us for their perception of us as STRONG and dominant, yet at the same time, they seem to "WANT" us to be STRONG. The other day when I was pointing out to Bro. Keita that Black women just do what's been put on us and are aren't strong, he disputed me and started singing praises to STRONG Black women. I said to myself--WTF? Anyway, I think that "being STRONG" bit is a slippery slope for Black women. I think we need to avoid that image like the plague.

So I think that Bro Papi hit it on the head. It's not about Black women--though we are the ones who get punished a lot. It's really about Black men feeling powerless,and how they misperceive us, and Black men are going to have to address that issue amongst themselves.

I know that Bro. Isaiah, with his intellect, can understand clearly that you did what you needed to do to protect yourself when you banned him because he was hurting you, regardless of his reasons for it. Black men need to understand that when they hurt us, it causes us just as much pain as when a white man hurts us or even more as some sistahs say because we know that the white man is the oppressor, but when the Black man does it, it hurts us in our soul.

Monetary said:
WELCOME BACK, BRUH. Igg all that stuff Riada just posted, behave and enjoy yourself.

Dapz.

:toast:

Monetary, Bro. Isaiah was/is my favorite poster on this site and he knows that. I love me some Bro. Isaiah. He could talk to me and when he did, I LISTENED to him--like no other man on here. I don't want him to "igg" what I said because if he does, what happened to him before could happen again. So your advice to him, IMO, is not good advice to him.

So Bro. Isaiah, IF you are here. WELCOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back