Brother Isaiah

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by NNQueen, Mar 16, 2006.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Brother Isaiah, I wanted to grab your attention and thought starting a thread in your name was the best way to do it. I didn't want my question to get buried in the hundreds...thousands of discussions we have going on.

But, as I read all the things you write with so much passion, logic and wisdom,
    have you ever thought about writing a book, even a workbook, that focuses on things you feel passionately about? You have so much "good stuff" to say, and I always pay attention to you, but I also know that you're often misunderstood and that must be frustrating for you. Am I right?

When I look at some of the books out there on the market today...focusing on the African American story...and yes, I buy many of them if I think they offer a positive message, yours would definitely find a place on my shelf (after reading it of course :) ).

Just curious....

Queenie :heart:

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Wow, a thread in my name!!!!:dance3: Oh, Queenie, you flatter me, and it will just get you everywhere!:ilu: That, along with a million other reasons, is why I am so glad that you are consistently posting here again!!! Nice to see your name in the GREEN!:flowers:

About a book, I'd love to write a book or two, and most likely will - on the subjects you're talking about, that is... I gots material, that's for sure... Our men's group was talking about doing a Destee's anthology of poetry, and I thought, ****, now that's an idea! That's something we should be pursuing!
    We should also have an anthology of Platinum threads(threads with over 150 posts), because that's just too much Black Wisdom disappearing into the ether... Is it a case(AGAIN!!!!) of us not understanding the magnitude of our creative cultural and intellectual brilliance as a people???

But, Queenie, I must say in all modesty, that there are a many folks at this board who's books I'd read, and you, and Pdiane, James, Oldsoul, Mississippi Red, and many others just say things with such a flair that it makes me wonder what'chall doing writtin' it here, instead of in a book.... That's for real...

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Bro. Isaiah, I would love for you to write a book too. I think you have a very balanced view re the trials and tribulations of the genders.

Many times when I read what you write, it comes through loud and clear that you really appreciate what women bring to your life and can bring to the table in a loving relationship in general.

Also, maybe because you're raising daughters, you have keen insight into how females are wired. Or you may just naturally have a knack for "reading" people down deep inside.

Whatever the case, I'm placing my order here and now for that book. LOL!

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Yes, Brother Isaiah, I agree with you, there is a lot of wisdom shared on the boards and it shouldn't be lost to us because it is weaving a beautiful fabric about us.

Sometimes I think we get too busy looking for greatness elsewhere when often it's right in front of us all the time. I agree on the people you have named as being great storytellers filled with wisdom and "truth". As I say this with the utmost humility because you've included me in the group. :bowdown:

Who else do you know can say so much in so few words like Brother James? He has the gift of being so clear, and focused when he shares with us his life experiences. He's a brother that's been on the 'battle field' for many years and he has a lot to say. We, brothers and sisters alike, need to hear his 'voice'.

And Sister pdiane has always been at the top of my list as one of our most moving and articulate sisters. She too has had varied experiences that we can learn from and be better for it.

Oldsoul...the name itself speaks volumes about the man and the importance of his word. And can you imagine how important to our survival it would be as a people if we had a book from our down home brother from Mississippi? Why, if we ever needed to go the "mattress", I feel as though he would be able to teach us how to outlast a cockroach in a nuclear blast. :D

I can think of a few others that have left an indelible impression on me like Sister Triniti and Brother SunShip, to name a few. And there are some that I'm just getting to know, so my list will no doubt grow.

I believe I have grown wiser and smarter as a person having read so much from people who I believe are livers and not just talkers. I love your idea about an anthology of Platinum Threads.

How do you propose we get something like this started?

Queenie :heart:

5. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Yes, Queenie, you make me think it was not a good idea on my part to mention so few names, because I left so many folks(which you included)off that little short list... The plethora of brilliant people who post to this board - only the most well-attended African discussion forum in the universe - is not only innumerable, but dauntingly incalculable... Some post consistently, and some just post when they can, but it gives us an insight into how many brilliant AFrican minds are out there, and in our midsts somewhere around this country, and the world...

In fact, sister Queenie, Mama Destee started a thread sometime ago that garnered like 300 posts, and change... It was incredible, the brilliant minds at this board going back and forth at each other, tryna come up with a plan for African Unity... I had to sit back and read and ponder, so hard-hitting and atom-splitting were the arguments put forth by sister Riada, Sister Karma, Brothers Omowale, PanAfrica, KemetKind, and YoungBlackCEO... I could scarcely get a word in there... Some of us thought we had descended into our usual chaos, but I think that African people have to learn that an argument and a debate is not necessarily a negative thing... To build infrastructure is like buying a home - it takes some time, some analysis, some soulsearching, and some sweat... If you don't want to do that, then you don't want to buy the home, nor build an infrastructure.... We were doing that infrastructure-building in that thread, but we threw up our hands and gave up...

Those threads must be preserved, perhaps within the forum they were originally started in - maybe up at the top of the page with a PLATINUM THREAD heading - or they can have their own forum... That has to be done for future readers, as well as for us who want to return for a second go-round with the ideas expressed there-in... Queenie, it seems that African people's confidence in ourselves, and in each other, is so fragile... These threads show us what we are capable of if and when we just stick to it, and show some courage and self-determination...

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Sister Riada, thank you for your kind words and insights! You, too, have an admirer in me, and when I get that first book published, I'm gonna autograph it to one of my greatest inspirations - you...(smile!) Thanks again for your kind and sincere words...

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Sister Des, I hope you're reading this. What do you think about the Platinum Threads idea?

Do members have a favorite thread they think should be considered a Platinum thread? If so, tell us what the topic is and post a link, please.

Queenie :spinstar:

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148

.o0( Look at ole NNQ get her mac on... ) :lol:

9. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Ummmm...Kemestry....*speaking loudly trying to penetrate the fog caused by the heavy doses of mind-altering meds*.... Please pay attention to this suggestion...IF you have nothing positive to contribute, get outta this
    thread! :hammer:

Here's one right up your alley...and no pun intended... Now go play...http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38765

Queenie :spinstar:

10. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Okay I had my replay all ready :lol: but mercy LOL smh :lol: queenie beanie sheesh :lol: :laugh: :lol: I'll be back after I re-cover from that one :lol: :lol: :haha: :lol: