Brother Da Street So'ja

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to see what Destee.com is about. First brother Keita gets banned, then brother DSS gets banned. 2 brothers who want to fight against ignorance. They were banned, and yet you let the ignorance THRIVE. I don't see where DSS was warned and given a chance to apologize, like other members were afforded. So ultimately you want unified ignorance here at Destee.com or what? And there are different rules for different people?

This says we are about teaching here, but it seems when you try to teach it's viewed as hate or attacks. This is sad to see. All the energy that brother Keita brought to this site was undermined by ignorance, amazing how that happens. But i again am starting to realize if ignorance is what is truly being promoted then that must be a reflection of the top or the foundation under which this site was manifested.

This site has just lost has lost its' soul, now the downward spiral begins. The downward spiral back to where we once were, stuck in ignorance. Have you truly lost our will? Well i'm finalizing realizing if we do get our will back, it would not be because of Destee.com that's for sure. This is apparent that this is NOT a site for Black People to grow, but for Black People to stay status quo.

i'm wondering what Malcolm would have to say about the state of affairs where Black People are afraid like we're still in the field or house on a plantation. It's sad to see a shell of website and what could have been. It's seems the ONLY purpose of this site is to keep the premium money coming in where other websites offer the same services for free. I became a member on a racist website, i had an avatar, i could post pictures, i could send emails, and even send PM's ALL FOR JUST BEING A MEMBER, but hereyou pay to play. hmmmmmmmm?

500 years of oppression we've been dealt, so you know there's alot of work to do, but i'm realizing that work CANNOT be done here. Not with a cesspool of ignorance IMO. It's seems to start from the top and it works it's way down somehow. They do say whatever goes UP must come down and here you see it for yourself, kicking people while they're down.

:terrific:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: NUFF SAID...!!

ditto, sister soul

Sister PurpleMoons, the 2 Week Suspension thread states that "those Members who find it difficult to take heed to the Moderator's gentle warnings, will be banned for 2 weeks, in an effort to get their attention."
Where are the warnings in this instance? Is giving a member warnings in each particular alleged incident no longer the procedure here? I would think that a long standing member such as Da Street So'ja, who has given so much to this community, would have been granted this courtesy.

Yes Sister Watz, the 2 week suspension does mention that, but if you read further, you'll also find the following :

Thus far, the "2 Week Ban" has been used to get the attention of long time Members, who have been continually warned about breaking the rules, or being disruptive. I can imagine that we will be adjusting it as we go, as we see how it fits our community. When trying to apply the same consequence to thousands of people, and different situations, adjustments are often needed.

We also have the Family Warning, which says it may be the only warning disruptive Members receive, prior to being suspended or banned.

:heart:

While it breaks my heart to continue to see brothers go down by there own hand
NO one , NO one is above the Rules set forth no matter how it may seem to those
from the outside looking in , It what we will uphold at all cost and by all means

Every situation is delt with differently like as in brother DSS case which is held at
management standard the forgoing warning to the whole community was applyed
whereas we didn't have to call out or single out a member this WARNING was placed
for the community to see and know
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59119

Therefore he has been warned and likewise the whole community !

The continue disruption / breaking of the rules set forth / and trat left came to this point
and again No one no matter how long is above what is set in stone

The powers that be will be losing much sleep over this, I am sure. The only thing missing, is 20 minutes of yelling and screaming. I feel for you, truly, I do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back