Black Spirituality Religion : Brother Da Street So'ja - Let's Do This.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Alexandra, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    [​IMG]

With reference to the ongoing friction between us, I am going to give this one last shot, and if it misses its intended mark, then I shall have to cut my losses and chalk this one to just one of those things that just wasn’t meant to work out.

In the "Conscious pimp" thread, you wrote:

By this statement, are you referring to every single thread and not just those with start with that ‘C’ word that irks you so, and intimating that none of them ‘uplifts’ people? Tread carefully with the answer to this one. I am not one to threaten legal action; or ask the moderators to mediate. I am a simple person, one who will merely melt into the shadows, permanently taking with me the thoughts that birth threads that are clearly not uplifting the masses.

Notice that I said masses, seeing as you said ‘us’, I am taking the stance that you are represent the people.

You then added:

Why should you take it anyway in the first place, personal or not? You are not the intended target, and unless you are voicing the opinions of your wife/girlfriend/concubine, then I really wonder how you as a man, can relate to, or draw from experiences with these types of men.

You concluded on a rare philosophical note and also posted a link to one of your poems.

Thank you for that link to one of your well-written poems. You are indeed a gifted bard. Nonetheless, this is not a new concept. I remember reading a while back that whenever I meet someone, I should remember that it is a holy experience.

As I see that person, I will see myself
    As I treat them, I will treat myself
    As I think of them, I will think of myself
    Never forget this; for in that person, you will find, or lose yourself.

I try and live by these words as practically as possible, and this is one of those instances where it is not practical for me to do so. I cannot possibly see how you are a reflection of me. You are the polar opposite of who I am because, and I say this respectfully, you are judgmental, and even worse, close-minded. All these being the qualities of a mind which cannot reconcile the seemingly contradictory beliefs in my threads, leading you take a misinterpreted and simplified view of my words.

I am therefore opening this dialogue between us in the hopes of either finding more about yourself, and therefore myself.

If the outcome is one where I lose myself, then so be it.

Let us begin.

Write an ‘uplifting’ thread directed at Black women only, and those who are not involved in any form of organized religion. This topic should address an issue that affects them, for example straight brothers who secretly engage in sex with other straight men, and sometimes gay men. The justification behind this thread being that there has been no discussion to date among this particular group of individuals, so it has not been explored from their perspective.

Respectfully submitted,

Alexandra

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    huh?

where did you get that from? my comments are directed to the subjects

i don't NEED to write anything

EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE KNOWS HOW I LOVE BLACK WOMEN

AND HOW I FEEL ABOUT THEM

i say it every wed. nite

and i've written works already about Black Women

:qqb020: i'm sorry you live at the end of the road lol

i'm just teasin'

:hi:

close minded? hahahahahahahaha why because i want to be i'm anus closed i'm close minded

GOOD FOR ME!

bard? i can't use that term in the streets you want me to get shot?

:haha:

more comedy i see i don't need to relate OR draw "experiences" as you see lol

ALL THAT TYPING AND STILL CAN'T POST A THREAD THAT UPLIFTS US

BLACK MEN and/or BLACK WOMEN - singularly or together

i just voiced my opinion

irks? listen i don't tread it's not my M.O.

LEGAL ACTION? hahahahhahahahaha :haha:

thanks i appreciate the morning chuckle

peace sista

to here to UPLIFTING US!

and YES i'm part of the PEOPLE

3. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Can you two just kiss and make up...:blowkiss: Things are only as serious as we make it depending on the amount of importance we place on them, and honestly, it's really not that serious.

Love, Peace!
    :luvv:

4. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    @ Sister Soul, You just echoed one of my daily mantras. It really is not that serious, but it sure is irritating to have someone constantly target and manipulate my words. Even worse is that they argue from a point of ignonarance. The cobblers about reflecting each other just made me chuckle. But to then be told that my threads don’t uplift the masses is just baseless and insulting. This is the focus of this thread.

A

5. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180

Humm…*mock surpise* why DSS, whatever happened to the first version of this post? Thought it needed some ‘thugging’ up did you? Got to save face at all costs eh? Ha!. Suddenly, this all makes sense, and now I know why you do what you do.

*shrugs* I never set out to make you do so. Is the fact that you are not a Black Woman, and so we do not share the same experiences when it comes to DL men and Conscious Pimps really something that you are struggling to comphrend? And speaking of comprehension, please in future posts, do make use of fullstops, and commas. There is great power in these humble, yet great underrated grammatical pleasures so please attach the same attention to them that you do to bastardasing my words.

Thought so.

So quick to issue a challenge, yet so slow to take one up. Seeing as you are the poster child for all threads pertaining to 'uplifting' the masses, I searched the Spirituality forum for any threads started by you but turned up empty handed. Now why is that DSS? How you can you preach what you don't practise?

So Mr ‘part of the people’, anytime you feel my ‘cant produce an uplifting thread’ self is having an adverse effect on the people, you don’t need all the theatrics, just leave a note on my page. Simple as that.

A

6. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    One more thing;

Why is it that you never, ever smile in any of your photographs?

A.

"I am tougher than Nigerian hair."

Lil Wayne 'A Milli'

7. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    I find it ironic that someone is looking for real upliftment on an online forum, I heard gospel music and chocolate chip cookies helps with that.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Family!

Alexandra,

Well my sister friend Alexandra (a name with real meaning), I often wondered under what circumstances we would have the pleasure to meet and great in the open forums. Sincerely, just your presence here lifts up, and that, far better than gospel music and cookies I might add. Your mind is tantalizing and esoteric, and please don’t allow anyone to cause you to think differently. With the understanding that I am so-called preaching to the choir, nonetheless I say these things to you….Peace In, for real.

And pardon me Sister Soul, it was just a really good horse to ride in on, so to speak, no disrepect meant at intercepting your reply.

9. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    LMAO @ "The cobblers"... lol, hey sis, pls don't be showing peeps we use such words here...oh my oh my. However will I show my face around here after that.:danger: :10400:

I hear where you are both coming from. :fight: :yesno: We may not agree with something someone says and if we feel the need to respond to that topic or issue then we have to be able to voice that without being judgmental.

Throughout our lives we will encounter things that we accept or reject. We have to ask ourselves what is it inside of us that urge us towards that which we accept or repel? As I heard someone say while watching a lil documentary, “There is no such thing as good or bad. It’s all what you do with it. Give every piece of information, every person, every event or scenario an honest and open mind because then it’s your responsibility to respond to it in the way that you choose. …no matter how many people tell you you’re wrong or right, you’re not dependent on their approval”.

So for me, it’s how we choose to respond to things that are important. Indeed we are each other’s reflections and whether you both like it or not, you two are reflections of one another. You both may not like what you see when you look in that mirror because perhaps you both see qualities in each other that you don’t want to see in yourselves. In which case, no matter where you each are in your lives, if you look for the positives in one another you can only expand and develop on that instead of focusing on the negatives.

:hearthis: Anyway, something tells me that you two really like each other but don’t know how to approach one another … lol *wink* :luv: :flowers:

Love, Peace!

10. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    why?

i'm not mad at nobody it's peace with me