Brother Awo Dino - Support Regarding Posting Articles

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by awo dino, Mar 9, 2010.

1. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    Recently there was a post on Zulu cosmology and history through the thoughts of Credo Mutwa. The secret history of the Dogon makes an interesting comparision to the history of the Zulu.The precise origin of the Dogon, like those of many other ancient cultures, is undetermined. Their civilization just emerged, in much the same manner as ancient Sumer and Ancient Egypt. For some interesting discussion on the Dogon you can go to this website. Registration is required.

www.awostudycenter.com
    /forumv3/index.php?showtopic=4&hl=[/url]

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
  3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Awo Dino ... the above appears to be your own property, but i want to be sure.

If so, it's great work, very comprehensive, and i appreciate you sharing it with us.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

4. awo dino

Ratings:
    +1,258
    Hi destee,
    this is a cut and paste from different sources, from a few books and mostly from an article at the link in question. So it is not really my work, but it isn't a full article, just an excerpt. Clyde, it seems one has to register but it is easy enough to do.

5. awo dino

Ratings:
    +1,258
    We did study the Dogon in college, and I am familiar with the anthropologists who are mentioned. But Griaule came under heavy attack for his work. Some say he made this stuff up. anyways, since it is only part of the article along with some of my own thoughts, i don't think it's a violation. i'm sure brother Clyde will investigate.
    peace

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Awo Dino ... you've been warned about this before, i don't understand why you keep doing it.

You can't add the property of others to this site without their permission being included, or at the very least, include only a few sentences and a link to where we can read it in its entirety.

People write books so they can make money. If you post their book, or excerpts from it, you hinder their ability to survive.

I'm really not understanding why we're still here ... can you help me understand?

Nevermind ... don't help me ... this is your last warning before being banned.

Love You!

Destee

7. awo dino

Ratings:
    +1,258
    Sister Destee, this is an excerpt of a long article. very long. not from a book. as well as some of my own thoughts. excerpts with a link are o.k. according to the rules. and, a long time ago i got permission from the website's owner and the writer to post any of his stuff as long as it was linked or cited. and i posted that permission way back the, like last year.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Awo Dino ... that's not allowed. Let me say that this community is about our own words, our own thoughts ... your words ... your thoughts ... not so much those of another (that is not here).

I realize we'll want to use other people's words on occasion, but that should be the exception and not the rule, and even then it has to be done according to our rules.

The article you posted is VERY LONG. We (the Moderating TEAM) have no idea which words are yours, which come from an article, which come from a book (as you stated initially), and if you have any permission to use them. Your telling us you have permission does not satisfy the requirement. You must include that permission with the owner's property, so everyone that reads, knows ... we have shown proper respect to the owner of the property and they have given their permission to have it here.

Adding a link to the property is not sufficient either, in this case. It does not satisfy the requirement. That only works if you are including just a few sentences, and as we can all see, that is not the case above. In addition, the link goes to a site we can't even get in, so we, the Moderating TEAM cannot easily determine if you have included the whole property, or just a portion of it (albeit a too large portion). You're giving us a whole lot more work to do, having to register and verify and such, which is never good.

There's just no getting around this. It is the rule, and has been all the years we've been here.

I appreciate your explanation, and it appears that you are sincerely trying to understand this rule ... but it's not rocket science.

But ... because i do feel a sincere energy regarding your desire to abide by the rules ... i'm willing to remove this warning, move the thread back to the African Traditional Study Forum ... if you will edit it ... leaving only your words in it.

You need to know though, you've got to abide by this rule, i can't keep explaining it to you.

It's really best (safest) just to share your own wisdom and knowledge, as you have vast amounts, and we'd all be happy and honored with just it!

Let me know how you feel about this proposal.

Love You!

Destee

9. awo dino

Ratings:
    +1,258
    Good morning destee,
    I got what you're saying. So if you want to just delete it completely and I'll start over that's cool. I hadn't realized that one would have to register to finish the article in it's entirety. I did post permission a long time ago. I do share a lot of info from this writer, so I will post a new permission.

thanks

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Awo Dino ... the proposal was that you edit the post, not me ... :) ... so you do the deleting please.

I'm thinking since this thread has more you and me in it, and not the topic of the thread anymore, we may as well leave it here ... allowing others to benefit from our exchange regarding the application of this rule. It's certainly fine with me if you start this all over in the other forum, within the rules and stuff.

I'd also like to point out to you and the Family ... when sites have their content behind closed doors, requiring registration before anyone can view it, they do that for a reason. Whatever that reason is, we may not know, but we shouldn't circumvent their effort by posting their content on a site (like destee) that makes it available to everyone without those constraints and their permission. By doing this, we in effect, tell them we care nothing about their policies. If you have respect for the site linked above, and i'm sure you do, you probably don't wanna do them this way ... for it suggests you have no respect for their hard work.

Last but not least, i wanna be sure you understand that each and every time you post someone else's property here, you must include their permission. So, even though you may have included their permission with one article weeks ago, if you post another article today, permission must be posted with that new article too. Permission must be posted every single time, with every single article, or only a few sentences of the article and a link to where we can read it all. Preferably though, you'll only share your words, for they are more important to us.

Okay ... i'm done ... please edit / delete the post ... and i'll leave this thread here in this forum, and make it a support issue ... so you don't have to have one warning (all folk get these days if they're lucky) against you.

If you have any questions let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee