Black Relationships : BROTHAS............. Why would you NOT date a Sistah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazzymoonchild wrote: I wonder when it was determined universally that the black woman was almost the equivalent of the devil?? I am tired, personally, of being told how evil, materialistic and needy black women are. If there is a bad trait or character flaw, somehow it is attributed to us.
Brothers demand things from us on a daily. Don't get past a certain size, don't wear makeup or if you do, certain colors. Want us to dress in the clothes they prefer, down to our pajamas. Talk about our feet, teeth and whether or not we shave our private areas.

Judge each woman individually please. I don't lump all black men in one category and have never dated outside my race. I love black men too much, and will keep myself away from those who are undesirable to me.

I love your response and I could not agree with you MORE! This is the first site I've ever been a member of where the black men seem expect all of the participating women to be like every angry negative black woman they encounter. Some days it just seems like every post has negative remarks about how effed up we are. I often wonder if we give that vibe out to them as well...which is why I started that battle of the sexes post to give people a place to post something positive.

At any rate...I keep seeing posts on this site where we women complain about how we can't find good black men...yet I don't see a post where ONE of the women from this site said that. My initial response is to tell them to post that on the site they saw that compaint on...

I'm tired of all the messed up comments too Jazzy. I don't see half as many negative comments on this site coming from the women regarding black men.

There is no way I would not go out or date or whatever with a Black woman, or Asian woman or Latino Woman, or White woman..well they're the last on the list but still on there...I just love women in general ....yall are the best thing since the put gold on rims....that's real I love women all women to death I can't see a man saying "I don't like xxx race of women" ain't feeling that at all....I love all yall...

Mississippi Red
Baby I'll cook them greens and thangs for you and iron yo clothes when I'm finished, and then later on tonight it's all about your needs baby I'm only a tool at your disposal... :grin:

Sista, can we teach? I know we aren't the only ones who feel this way. We have been the villians in magazines, internet posts, you name it. And its not just black men saying it either. Yet, when they want someone to watch their kids, who do they call? When they want someone to cook for them, who do they call? When people talk about when the black family was strong, who do they talk about? That one black woman who was the center of the family...a.k.a "Big Momma".

Truly all the strong, influential, positive, nurturing black women that we've had in the past and during our time have not been overtaken by the women who have made the list that our brothers reference.

I'd like to know exactly what it is that brothers would like to see in black women and I am not speaking in terms of improvement, because both sides could do that all day. I mean, candidly speaking, what is it that black women fail to give to them that all the other races are giving readily? Is it truly something that is lacking in us or is there a reason why it is not being offered?

CarrieMonet said:
I love your response and I could not agree with you MORE! This is the first site I've ever been a member of where the black men seem expect all of the participating women to be like every angry negative black woman they encounter. Some days it just seems like every post has negative remarks about how effed up we are. I often wonder if we give that vibe out to them as well...which is why I started that battle of the sexes post to give people a place to post something positive.

At any rate...I keep seeing posts on this site where we women complain about how we can't find good black men...yet I don't see a post where ONE of the women from this site said that. My initial response is to tell them to post that on the site they saw that compaint on...

I'm tired of all the messed up comments too Jazzy. I don't see half as many negative comments on this site coming from the women regarding black men.

Sista, can we teach? I know we aren't the only ones who feel this way. We have been the villians in magazines, internet posts, you name it. And its not just black men saying it either. Yet, when they want someone to watch their kids, who do they call? When they want someone to cook for them, who do they call? When people talk about when the black family was strong, who do they talk about? That one black woman who was the center of the family...a.k.a "Big Momma".

Sisters CarrieMonet & Jazzymoonchild:

Do ya'll really feel that way? That all post by the brothers on this site criticize black women? I think there have been quite a few post on here that praise all the positive qualities & contributions which black women bring to "our" community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back