Black Relationships : Brothas living on the Down Low.

sweetbrownsugar

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 28, 2004
What is up with this down- low deal? Supposedly straight men who have sex with other men? (boyfriends AND husbands). This is crazy. I thought we called this being flat out gay or homosexual? They are claiming to NOT be coming out of the closet but are BEHIND the closet. What kind of crap is that? Especially with AIDS on the march like it is. So, Bob and Rob wanna play on the down low? The next thing you know, Brothas gon' be complaining about a SHORTAGE OF SISTAS!....we'll probably be dead of HIV or "closin' up shop, locking things up tight" and running from them so we don't get it! Wouldn't it be messed up if you like were in what you thought was the perfect relationship/marriage or close to it and you came down sick and found out you were Hiv positive or something? All because he was living on the down-low? What if your boyfriend or husband came home talking about he was a member of this down-low club? (Baby, I got something to tell you? I don't know how you gon' take this but, I'm living on the DL...that's a straight up CAST IRON POT TO THE HEAD RIGHT THERE! OR A BULLET IN THE ***! They SHOULD call it living on the LOW-down. You know? they got all this technology nowadays....I say they make something simple like a pair of shades....that you put on when you're out on a date or in the club looking for that special someone ...Or just to know what the opposite sex is about. People would be wearing them in the church too looking CRAZY! Sittin' in church with some black behind shades on talkin' about let us pray for sista Maisy! People would have them on in the grocery stores or where ever. ANYWAY, you see this fine brotha and YOU WANNA KNOW what's up with him? Is he straight? straight, but living on the down-low? bisexual? gay? crazy? retarded? dead-beat dad? missing teeth? -Anyway the shades would give us an instant readout. I think that's what we got to do now, go JAMES BOND ON THEY ***! They got it so, we have to place an ORDER for a decent brotha! Let me get light-skinned brotha....with the gold teeth...living on the down-low....-Naw, make that a medium brown skin brotha, STRAIGHT! with a limp and a gold chain. HOLD THE BAD BREATH...and a large tea!

down low

PERSONALLY I JUST THINK OF IT AS A WAY OF CREATING ANOTHER LABEL FOR US. WE'RE NOW " A BUNCH OF UNDERCOVER SISSIES" THE BLACK MAN DIDN'T INVENT HOMOSEXUALITY NOR DID WE INVENT GAY MEN ACTING STRAIGHT. HOWEVER, WE NOW HAVE A NAME THAT BELONGS TOTALLY TO US. IT'S THE "D.L. BROTHER". JUST CHECK OUT THE NAME, IT ALMOST SOUNDS HIP. LIKE SOMETHING FROM THE HIP HOP WORLD. IT SOUNDS SO "BLACK" ( WHEN YOU HEAR THE PHRASE " ON THE D.L." YOU PROBABLY THINK BLACK MAN DON'T YOU?) IT'S JUST ANOTHER TRICK TO DEVIDE US. YES LADIES, MOST BLACK MEN ARE HETEROSEXUAL, BUT PUT "DL'' GUYS ON TV ENOUGH AND THE SISTERS WILL START TO THINK DIFFERENTLY. I PERSONALLY THINK D'' L'' MEN ( THEY'RE NOT MY BROTHERS) ARE A MORAL ABOMINATION AND A HUGE HEALTH THREAT TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY AS WELL AS THE REST OF SOCIETY. THAT INCLUDES THE WHITE ONES TOO.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION

let the buyer beware.....................

FWIW - you can try this simple test.
once you get in the heat of passion, stick your finger up his butte (be sure to use the one without the fingernail! :spin: ).
if you find you're picking your self up off the floor, you're probably OK.
if he giggles and says "you so crazy", you just might have a problem. :wink:

it's probably a good idea to get to know your partner these days.
hopefully before you "know" them, you know?

read the posts and you'll see many "nice" brothers saying that the sisters step right past them in order to get the players.
maybe it's time to give that nice, boring cat a play?

remember, it is the lady who makes the choice..................... :nono:

down low

FINGER UP THE BUTT? THAT'S NASTY AS HELL DUDE. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT SISTERS NEED TO OPEN UP THEIR OPTIONS ( WITH BROTHERS NOT WITH THE DEVILS, I DON'T WANT TO START ANOTHER **** INTERRACIAL DISCUSSION) WE ARE IN DIFFERENT TIMES NOW, BROTHERS AREN'T ALL THE SAME. THAT AVERAGE BLACK MAN THAT YOU THINK IS A DUD, MAY THE BEST MAN YOU'VE EVER MET. I JUST THINK IT'S A SHAME THAT SISTERS SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME DISSING AND FLAT OUT IGNORING MOST BROTHERS. THEN GO HOME ALONE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT BLACK MALE SHORTAGES AND "D.L". BROTHERS, AND OFTEN USE THOSE REASONS AS AN EXCUSE TO PERSUE HER DESIRE TO BE WITH A WHITE MAN. SISTERS, WE BROTHERS COME IN ALL TYPES. GIVE US ALL AT LEAST A CONSIDERATION. ( PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO AN INTERRACIAL DATING DISCUSSION, PLEEEEEEASE!)

I JUST THINK IT'S A SHAME THAT SISTERS SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME DISSING AND FLAT OUT IGNORING MOST BROTHERS. THEN GO HOME ALONE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT BLACK MALE SHORTAGES AND "D.L". BROTHERS, AND OFTEN USE THOSE REASONS AS AN EXCUSE TO PERSUE HER DESIRE TO BE WITH A WHITE MAN. SISTERS, WE BROTHERS COME IN ALL TYPES. GIVE US ALL AT LEAST A CONSIDERATION.

Agreed BIGTOWN...you represent the Brothers well!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back