Black Relationships : Brothas living on the Down Low.

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by sweetbrownsugar, Aug 5, 2004.

1. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    What is up with this down- low deal? Supposedly straight men who have sex with other men? (boyfriends AND husbands). This is crazy. I thought we called this being flat out gay or homosexual? They are claiming to NOT be coming out of the closet but are BEHIND the closet. What kind of crap is that? Especially with AIDS on the march like it is. So, Bob and Rob wanna play on the down low? The next thing you know, Brothas gon' be complaining about a SHORTAGE OF SISTAS!....we'll probably be dead of HIV or "closin' up shop, locking things up tight" and running from them so we don't get it! Wouldn't it be messed up if you like were in what you thought was the perfect relationship/marriage or close to it and you came down sick and found out you were Hiv positive or something? All because he was living on the down-low? What if your boyfriend or husband came home talking about he was a member of this down-low club? (Baby, I got something to tell you? I don't know how you gon' take this but, I'm living on the DL...that's a straight up CAST IRON POT TO THE HEAD RIGHT THERE! OR A BULLET IN THE ***! They SHOULD call it living on the LOW-down. You know? they got all this technology nowadays....I say they make something simple like a pair of shades....that you put on when you're out on a date or in the club looking for that special someone ...Or just to know what the opposite sex is about. People would be wearing them in the church too looking CRAZY! Sittin' in church with some black behind shades on talkin' about let us pray for sista Maisy! People would have them on in the grocery stores or where ever. ANYWAY, you see this fine brotha and YOU WANNA KNOW what's up with him? Is he straight? straight, but living on the down-low? bisexual? gay? crazy? retarded? dead-beat dad? missing teeth? -Anyway the shades would give us an instant readout. I think that's what we got to do now, go JAMES BOND ON THEY ***! They got it so, we have to place an ORDER for a decent brotha! Let me get light-skinned brotha....with the gold teeth...living on the down-low....-Naw, make that a medium brown skin brotha, STRAIGHT! with a limp and a gold chain. HOLD THE BAD BREATH...and a large tea!

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    down low

PERSONALLY I JUST THINK OF IT AS A WAY OF CREATING ANOTHER LABEL FOR US. WE'RE NOW " A BUNCH OF UNDERCOVER SISSIES" THE BLACK MAN DIDN'T INVENT HOMOSEXUALITY NOR DID WE INVENT GAY MEN ACTING STRAIGHT. HOWEVER, WE NOW HAVE A NAME THAT BELONGS TOTALLY TO US. IT'S THE "D.L. BROTHER". JUST CHECK OUT THE NAME, IT ALMOST SOUNDS HIP. LIKE SOMETHING FROM THE HIP HOP WORLD. IT SOUNDS SO "BLACK" ( WHEN YOU HEAR THE PHRASE " ON THE D.L." YOU PROBABLY THINK BLACK MAN DON'T YOU?) IT'S JUST ANOTHER TRICK TO DEVIDE US. YES LADIES, MOST BLACK MEN ARE HETEROSEXUAL, BUT PUT "DL'' GUYS ON TV ENOUGH AND THE SISTERS WILL START TO THINK DIFFERENTLY. I PERSONALLY THINK D'' L'' MEN ( THEY'RE NOT MY BROTHERS) ARE A MORAL ABOMINATION AND A HUGE HEALTH THREAT TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY AS WELL AS THE REST OF SOCIETY. THAT INCLUDES THE WHITE ONES TOO.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    let the buyer beware.....................

FWIW - you can try this simple test.
    once you get in the heat of passion, stick your finger up his butte (be sure to use the one without the fingernail! :spin: ).
    if you find you're picking your self up off the floor, you're probably OK.
    if he giggles and says "you so crazy", you just might have a problem. :wink:

it's probably a good idea to get to know your partner these days.
    hopefully before you "know" them, you know?

read the posts and you'll see many "nice" brothers saying that the sisters step right past them in order to get the players.
    maybe it's time to give that nice, boring cat a play?

remember, it is the lady who makes the choice..................... :nono:

4. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    down low

FINGER UP THE BUTT? THAT'S NASTY AS HELL DUDE. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT SISTERS NEED TO OPEN UP THEIR OPTIONS ( WITH BROTHERS NOT WITH THE DEVILS, I DON'T WANT TO START ANOTHER **** INTERRACIAL DISCUSSION) WE ARE IN DIFFERENT TIMES NOW, BROTHERS AREN'T ALL THE SAME. THAT AVERAGE BLACK MAN THAT YOU THINK IS A DUD, MAY THE BEST MAN YOU'VE EVER MET. I JUST THINK IT'S A SHAME THAT SISTERS SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME DISSING AND FLAT OUT IGNORING MOST BROTHERS. THEN GO HOME ALONE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT BLACK MALE SHORTAGES AND "D.L". BROTHERS, AND OFTEN USE THOSE REASONS AS AN EXCUSE TO PERSUE HER DESIRE TO BE WITH A WHITE MAN. SISTERS, WE BROTHERS COME IN ALL TYPES. GIVE US ALL AT LEAST A CONSIDERATION. ( PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO AN INTERRACIAL DATING DISCUSSION, PLEEEEEEASE!)

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Agreed BIGTOWN...you represent the Brothers well!

6. sweetbrownsugar

Ratings:
    +5
    Now, see? I can't even tackle you cause you way in left field with that ball. Nobody's looking for STEVE. (the whiteman) A few of you brothas have said yourselves on here so, many times that sistas need to LOOK AT WHO WE ARE CHOOSING FOR PARTNERS. If a brotha playing dirty like this...all the looking in the world ain't gon' help us. FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE CHOSING WELL AND KEEPING OUR OPTIONS OPEN? BASICALLY,THE CAN SHOULD READ: DANGER! PERFECT/ALMOST PERFECT BROTHA. STRAIGHT AT HOME. GAY WHEN HE WIT' JEROME! WE DON'T ALWAYS KNOW AND CAN'T ALWAYS TELL. This DL situation kind of messes things up because you don't want to be a heterosexual sista OPENING UP YOUR OPTIONS or legs for the matter,to this type of brotha...you want to DIS this type. complain and RUN! run from these cowards hiding behind this "label" all bent over with o' boy There is nothing like a strong, beautiful, black Heterosexual man, with his **** together! putting it down and holding it down! Wanting a sista who can do the same! I would like to think that most of us ladies want this? This had nothing whatsoever to do with interracial anything. Just a bump in the road for us black women who ARE wanting to have black men in our lives. ( A well chosen Brotha + a well chosen Sista & add a little down low in there cause she ain't doing this at home no more or the toast is too burnt years later =equals a piss poor union) Grandmothers, Mothers. Daughters. Sisters. Sisters n laws, Nieces, and grand-daughters all women BEWARE. The can so to speak, has no label. -That's what I'm saying.

Jamesfromphilly? I'ma try that finger deal tonite...I'm SHOOTING FOR THE BLACK EYE! AND WAKING UP OFF THE FLOOR!

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    BE SURE TO USE THE FINGER WITHOUT THAT LONG FINGERNAIL!

8. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    If a brotha playing dirty like this...all the looking in the world ain't gon' help us.

EXACTLY. SO WHY RUN AROUND PARANOID ABOUT IT? WHITE WOMEN HAVE THE SAME WORRY TRUST ME. THE MEDIA JUST DOESN'T GIVE IT A NAME AND USE IT TO ENTERTAIN PEOPLE ( ACCORDING TO THE MEDIA, BLACK MEN ARE THE ONLY ONES ON THE "D.L"). JUST BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SHARE YOUR BODY WITH. I HAVE TO MENTION THIS HOWEVER, BLACK WOMEN ARE THE NUMBER ONE GROUP COMING DOWN WITH HIV ( NOT ALL CATCHING IT THROUGH CONTACT WITH BLACK MEN). YET DO YOU HEAR BLACK MEN SAYING "BLACK WOMEN HAVE HIV WE CAN'T TRUST THEM ANYMORE".

F.Y.I. IF YOU'RE PUTTING FINGERS UP HIS BUTT, THEN MORE THAN LIKELY YOU'VE ALREADY GONE TO FAR WITH HIM.

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    if has always been....."let the buyer beware"
    this is nothing new.
    either get to know your partner or don't be surprised at anything.

the ability to read people and to solicit information from them is a life saver.
    this is real, true intimacy.
    knowing the other.

sex is just a plaything. :glasses:

10. sweetbrownsugar

Ratings:
    +5
    Somebody turn the music off. We dancing too far from the D.J. stand and off the dance floor on this one. Bottom line here is "Buyer Beware". This isn't about paranoia. Nobody said nothing about a sista not trusting a brother. This sure as heck isn't about Debbie(whitewoman) and what she has to put up with. AND correct me if i'm wrong but, the only media putting "this" out that I see is our own. (BET, ESSENCE, EBONY and OPRAH did a show). Not as a means to DISCREDIT a brotha but solely for the purpose of INFORMING/EDUCATING us wives, girlfriends, your lil' sisters, mothers etc. -AS they EDUCATE AND INFORM us about HIV/AIDS. -Black men may not be saying ,Pssst!!! Don't trust Black women, they are the most group with aids!....But you don't see these brothas running to get with all these HIV positive sistas or ones with aids either. Who has aids/is HIV positive/ or is on the down-low....you just don't know these days that's one of them things that isn't seen on the surface. BUYER BEWARE nothing more nothing less.