Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Brothas Dating Natural Sista's

Yup

I hear you, perm does seep into the pores and sits on the brain.
Jus like smoking makes your lungs black and will Kill you.
Drinking eats up the liver
And so many other things we do to ourselves that are not natural, but it's all a choice, a personal choice. Thru that the person is Still the same.

queentswana said:
MANASIAC said:
Nah Queen she responded with some realness. I feel her post. I think she was just expressing her disgust in other situations on the forum. I get tired of people telling me I need dreads to

I think she was just expressing her disgust in other situations on the forum.

But why should one pay for what somebody else did? I only steped to her aid because it seem to me like she (vj57) was about to explode. I could have replyed to this thread and really gave the 2-1-1 of what damage perming the hair is doing to the BRAIN, do anybody think that the LYE in these perms ...just sit on the hair? No! :nono: ...it gets in the pores and go straight to the BRAINS...
...but who's preaching, peace

No black person in their right mind chooses death over life, unless their minds have been tampered with from childhood. Therefore the choice they made was not actually a personal choice but a choice that was implanted within them. this would in effect make their choice appear to be a personal one when it was infact a choice foreign to their life process.

As someone who has done many, many things to her hair over the years, I feel the need to speak.

I had the whole press n curl thing form the time i could walk until I was 8. Got a pern at 8, had one until I was 17. Had a wild, unruly 'fro until I was 21. I permed again. At 24 (my birthday present to myself) I cut that stuff out of my head. Do I feel different? Not really, because it's just hair.

However, I've noticed some differences of how I'm treated by males depending upon how i wear my hair. I lived in DC for a year.. Went from permed to natural in that time. When I was permed, I was approached like, "Ay, yo, shawty. Roll me them digits." When I went natural, I got more of a "My sista! Please acompany me to the Poetry Slam this weekend?"

My husband loves natural hair.. on other people. He raves about Whoopi's dreads, Cassandra Wilson's loc's....but asked me 5 million times why I cut my hair because his idea woman is supposed to look like a video chick, with a perfect body, long, "good" hair, etc........ Folks get so caught up in the package they forget to open it up and try it on for size....

Lightin' this thread back up

i know that no one has really talked about this one in a while but i just wanted to say. umm.....

i went natural april of last year and i cannot begin to tell you how many people tell me... all the time how cute i was when my hair was before i cut it. i would nice with it long again because it'll grow fairly long.

family, friends, people who know me from radio. for a while it really bothered me but i finally had to let what other people thought go. it was driving me crazy.

my boyfriend will never admit this to me but i see the way he stares at me when my hair is pressed as opposed to just being in some variation of a fro, braids or twists!

AND IT'S A **** SHAME I CAN'T WALK AROUND WITH THE HAIR THE GOOD LORD GAVE ME WITHOUT SOMEONE COMMENTING ABOUT THAT NATURAL THING!

i have "good hair", forgive me for saying it, i know the sistas with "hard hair" feel it worse.
Stay up and be easy Sistas!
You are beautiful the way God made you!

Oh and BTW, Natural means natural, no i don't want to put a texturizer in it! that's not Natural!

sorry now i'm going back to my norm self!
LOL

ifucomesofly

I love natural hair; in fact I prefer it you lovely black sisters. Black women are the most beautiful creatures (not as in insects and fish) on the planet. Unfortunately, television and society as a whole has told you that you need long flowing hair or even worse blonde hair (UGHH) to be pretty. Ladies you just don't know how pretty you REALLY are....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back