Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Brothas Dating Natural Sista's

Good to hear...

vj57 said:
I wear my hair permed and that's my personal choice. The decision for a sistah to wear her hair natural is her personal choice.

To sum it all, it does not make me less black because of my hair choice.

And I could care less about how a black man feels about my hair. And I do wear lipstick. MY choice!

This is one pet peeve I have with black people. Does it make me a lesser black person because I perm my hair? And I see white people wearing braids and dreads...if they want to do it, more power to them.

I refuse to wear dreads and I get so **** tired of black people telling me that I would look good in dreads. No black man (or woman) better get in my face and tell me what to do with my hair.

I see black women with natural styles and that's fine. I have no problem with how the next sister wears her hair, just keep it well groomed.

We have to stop this! We need to stick with what we like and stop making it "gospel" for others.

I don't care what white people like in reference to my hair. I'm going to do it MY way.
You are absolutely right. we brothas have every right to our preference, but it aint our hair so it would be retarded to tell yall how you should rock it. A woman comfortable with HER OWN STYLE, not trying to be what others tell her to is very attractive. :toast:

Well,

I still don't see how "WE" figure we can define what beauty is. I think beauty can be found in natural women and un-natural women. We get too caught up in how a person lQQks. Many of us may be turning away the perfect mate God has created for us because she has a perm, or she wears false nails...smh
It's all silly to me to define a person on what they wear or how they wear their hair. I believe that's why the divorce rate is so high. We lQQk for the wrong stuff in people. We get turned on because he's natural, or she has long st8 hair, and underneath all that, He or She may turn out to be a Fool...
I just wish we start lQQking @ the things that really count like the persons heart or their mind. Isn't that what God lQQks at???...Our hearts. I'm sure He wont be concerned if we processed, pressed, or permed. So I say don't let this world define what can't be defined. Beauty is many things. YOU are beauty with your locks, press, or perm. I mean if you wear Yacky, jus don't let it get Tacky, If you wear tracks, bond it good in the back..lol..If you wear it srt8 don't hesitate you lQQk gr8. If you wear a wig don't get it snatched off you dig? If you wear braids make sure it's laid, If you wear twists or locks keepin it natural still rocks!!! Be You...Be beauty, redefine and change peoples frame of mind.Don't ever let the world tell you different.

Feelin you vj57

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back