Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Brothas Dating Natural Sista's

Lucky

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 19, 2004
Sup everybody
I'm a newbie on this site and I had a question.

I wanted to know how brothas felt about dating sistas with natural hair (afro's, locs, twist etc). Some females I've talked to and know personally think mostly if not all brothas dislike sistas with natural hair and prefer the "premed" look (straight hair) females to them. They also say they receive more attention from white guys more then black guys. I wonder why?

Me personally, I admirer the "Afro centric" look in our women of color and see nothing wrong with how there hair looks. I think its sexier and different. Many brothas in my area have natural hairstyles but tend to be with straight hair sistas.I have locs and it's like a rare site to see a female around my age (i'm 19) with natural hair where I live.

Maybe its just me

Lucky

I agree. I love locs, twists and any natural hair on a sista. The problem is most sistas that I see perm the mess out of their hair. I think sistas do get more attention because their hair is straight because that's what's in. I myself love natural women more than permed because it's just better to be natural. Lose the make-up too sistas........you don't need it. :shades:

The natural look is just fine with me!! I love locks and twists. Some definitely look cute with a little fro or a blow-out type look. I have not prob with the permed look either.

As for your comment.....white people seem to love ethnic black hair styles. This is especially true of dreadlocks. A black person, male or female, that has locs will magnetize white people of the opposite sex very easily. I have seen this in action.

Lucky said:
Sup everybody
I'm a newbie on this site and I had a question.

I wanted to know how brothas felt about dating sistas with natural hair (afro's, locs, twist etc). Some females I've talked to and know personally think mostly if not all brothas dislike sistas with natural hair and prefer the "premed" look (straight hair) females to them. They also say they receive more attention from white guys more then black guys. I wonder why?

Me personally, I admirer the "Afro centric" look in our women of color and see nothing wrong with how there hair looks. I think its sexier and different. Many brothas in my area have natural hairstyles but tend to be with straight hair sistas.I have locs and it's like a rare site to see a female around my age (i'm 19) with natural hair where I live.

Maybe its just me

Lucky

I too have noticed that brothas with Locks are not usually with sistas who have the same, but that could be because there are more sisters who are permed than those who are not. You know we be looking good either way chile...you know it. I am a natural sistah and my hubby loves it...thank God.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back