Black Poetry : Brothas Caught Up In The Matrix

CosmicMessenger

BANNED
Aug 24, 2013
Brothas Caught Up In The Matrix

For 500 years, brothas been caught up in the matrix.

No surprise that some don't take care of their babies;

That's from the conditioning that their ancestors got during slavery,

when the massa would come and sell away their babies.

Black men were taught to be "studs" and black women were taught to be "breeders",

Marriage amongst slaves wasn't allowed during slavery days;

Fast forward to the twenty-first century and the curse passed down from generation to generation,

leads us to the current situation in the black community.

maze_screenshot.png

Last edited:
Judging Brothas: The First Step To HATING Them

Oftentimes, black men ignore the wisdom in the Bible.

For example, when Jesus Christ told them to "judge not",

They apparently don't understand the logic in that statement;

which is why they're always killing each other...because they hate each other a lot!

Thoughts such as "he is inferior to me" and "he is irresponsible",

leads black men to LOOK DOWN on their bruhs;

That is one of the reasons that there are a MILLION black men in prison,

because black men's JUDGING of other black men leads to hatred and disgust.

n00053639-b1.jpg

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Last edited:
Unable to pay child support, poor parents land behind bars
Judges can jail alleged defaulters — who are not covered by the presumption of innocence — without a trial

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44376665/...-child-support-poor-parents-land-behind-bars/

Excerpt: "While jailing non-paying parents — the vast majority of them men — does lead to payment in many cases, critics say that it unfairly penalizes poor and unemployed parents who have no ability to pay, even though federal law stipulates that they must have “willfully” violated a court order before being incarcerated.

They compare the plight of such parents to the poor people consigned to infamous “debtors’ prisons” before such institutions were outlawed in the early 1800s.

“I try very carefully not to exaggerate, but I do think that’s an apt comparison,” said Sarah Geraghty, the attorney handling the Georgia case for the Southern Center for Human Rights.

“And I think anyone who went down and watched one of these proceedings would agree with me. … You see a room full of indigent parents — most of them African-American — and you have a judge and attorney general, both of whom are white. The hearings often take only 15 seconds. The judge asks, ‘Do you have any money to pay?’ the person pleads and the judge says, ‘OK you’re going to jail,’” she added."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such brothas are "caught up in the matrix", alright!

African-American-Priosners.jpg

black-prisoners-young.jpg

060404_africanAmericanInmates_hmed_4p.hmedium.jpg

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back