Brotha Madd

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Khasm13, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    It pains me to inform you that due to your lack of understanding on how things are done in the poetry forum, you are banned. Your flow is respected here but you must also show the same respect that has been allocated to you. The recent accusations that you've thrown at members on the board are unfounded.You will be allowed to return 2 weeks from this day. If you choose to return, I hope that your understanding of the poetry forum rules becomes clearer...Destee.com is all about love...we all have a different defination of this word, but it seems yours does not agree with ours. Please think on this and hopefully we will see you in 2 weeks.

Respectfully,

Khasm13

2. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +606
    Don't go away MADD.

3. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    please dont let him back :skillet:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother 1PoetSought ... i love you !!! ... :love: ... our MADD aint MADD !!!

Brother THA HOOKUPMAN ... c'mon now ... if we applied that across the board ... never let anyone back? ... :look:

Brother MADD will be allowed to come back, because that's what Brother Khasm said ... and i for one am looking forward to it ... i love Brother MADD ... even though he doesn't make it real easy to do! :love:

Brother Khasm ... thanks for being here to do the difficult stuff ... i know it's not easy.

Much Much Love and Peace Family.

:heart:

Destee

5. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    if u love him so why is he banned then ....some times i wont get this place really ... :insane:

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    He's banned because of all that stuff that Brother Khasm said up there ... but his doing those things, doesn't keep me from loving him. Believe it or not, there was a time when it was probably a struggle for folk to love me, i did things too, but they loved me no matter ... and so, if they could love me no matter, surely i can love Brother MADD ... no matter.

His being banned, and the love, are 2 separate things.

Destee

7. angelicsage

angelicsage Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    …why are we being encouraged to tolerate someone who doesn’t love or even respect our house? Why are members publicly reprimanded in a condescending tone by our administrators for being upset with Madd’s behavior? I mean, really, if I came in here saying some of the things or calling members out of their names the way Madd has consistently done, I would have been banned a long time ago. It just seems like a double standard, a two edged sword even: the more loved you are by the leaders of the community, the more rope you’re given to hang yourself repeatedly without punishment: is this the message that is being sent? I mean, I find it so ironic that the issue of Madd keeps coming full circle, “even when I was a moderator”….I mean come on, I was even asked to take back a warning that I made to him.

I find the whole issue of this “Madness” an insult to our intelligence. How much does a member have to take, even the ones who are afraid to speak or who have remained silent for the sake of their sanity (such as me…) have to take before something is done. Believe me, I really don’t want to see him banned, permanently; I truly wish he could integrate but no matter what you do…he refuses to change.

I also realize I will most likely be reamed for this post…but this is all so frustrating for me. Oh, and in regard to 1poetsoughts reply…I find it interesting that such a peaceable member would even say anything slightly facetious…but the fact that he did…should tell us something right there.

How much more has to be said?

How much more must we endure…How much?

I turn my head the other way…but the Madness is still present.

When will the voices of the true “Loving” members of this house be heard?

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    In all respect family , Sorry it took this long but the matter has been handled
    brutha MADD has been banned by Brutha Khasm for his actions and posts
    to others and surely no need to add negative or remarks upon the moderation
    and staff decision, again we apologize for any dis-comfort made to poet's and
    members we all hope that upon his return he will be different and move in the
    grain of loving and be supportive /respectful so no further actions is needed at
    this point .
    Thank you all for being concern and tolerating it all matters handled.
    Peace

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Angelicsage ... i'm going to try to respond to each of your concerns individually, so i'll quote a little bit, respond, quote a little bit, respond, and so on. Let me say here also, that you don't have to worry about sharing your views and being "reamed" as a result of that. Everyone is, and always has been, welcome to let us know how they feel.

Sister Angelic ... we are all encouraged here to "tolerate" each other. It's not easy to do, especially when someone comes in with not the best of people skills or what would be considered "appropriate" behavior ... but that is the goal of this community, that we learn not only to "tolerate" each other, but love and respect each other as well. It's not always easy. We have lots of issues amongst us. This is a perfect example of the "not easy" times, but i personally think we must lead by example ... and if our goal is to learn to "tolerate", love, and respect each other as a people, collectively ... it's the "not so easy times" that sets us apart from the rest.

I could point to several different experiences in this community, where we have "tolerated" a Member ... tolerated them long enough for them to become very positive, encouraging, and valued Members. We could have given up on those Members, but we didn't. It's just what we do here, when our Spirits are moved like that. It doesn't happen every time, but it has certainly happened more than once ... more than this time right here, with Brother MADD.

Now, to speak to whether or not Brother MADD loves or respects this community, cannot be an exact or precise conclusion. The most either of us can do is guess, based on whatever "evidence" we have to look at. We can put emphasis on those pieces that we individually feel are deserving, but we probably won't ever come to the same exact opinion. For example, i can imagine that you are basing your belief that he does not love and respect this community on his behavior that has gotten him banned. While i on the other hand, base my belief on the fact that he has been a Member here since the very beginning. I can't imagine that a person can stay in one place, for years and years and years, and not love and respect it to some degree.

You're certainly entitled to think that he does not love and respect this community, but i too am entitled to think otherwise. It's just a difference of opinion. No necessarily right or wrong answer here.

Who was publicly reprimanded (besides MADD)? I had to look this word up to be sure i knew what it meant ... "a severe, formal, or official rebuke or censure" ... who had this done to them? I had to look up condescending too, just to be sure my understanding of this word was not wrong ... "to descend to the level of one considered inferior; lower oneself" ... again Sister, i don't know who was spoke to this way.

I responded to this thread, the comments in it, and i did not intend to reprimand or be condescending to anyone. Brother THA HOOKUPMAN suggested that MADD never be allowed to come back, and i only said that if we applied that across the board, he would not be here now. The very thing he's asking us to do to MADD, he did not want done to himself ... and was given that consideration, he was allowed to come back. It was my hope that he'd see that folk can be allowed to come back and never do anything else that gives reason for them to be banned again ... that if he could be given another chance and use it wisely, that perhaps MADD could too. I don't know what about that you find to be condescending or reprimand-like. You'll have to help me out on that one Sister.

I don't believe you're referring to what i said to Brother 1PoetSought, but if so, show me that too ... because i can't see it there either.

Okay Sister, you've said a lot here and i'm going to try to address it all. First, if you were doing like MADD has done, i can't imagine that you'd be banned long ago ... but again, you're entitled to believe what you'd like. Certainly one could argue that there appears to be a double standard, as not every single situation is handled exactly the same. We are guilty of that, but not because we are seeking to be inconsistent, but more because we are trying to take all things into consideration. No two incidents here are exactly alike. The circumstances surrounding each issue varies, and as a result, the way we handle it may vary also. When dealing with people, personalities, etc., it takes a very flexible management style, in my opinion, to keep the peace. We can't be rigid and hard ... well, i guess we could ... but i don't think it's what's best for us here. This community is a place of refuge, a place we can relax, enjoy ourselves, let our hair down a little bit, but all within the rules. Some folk come in and never give us a moment of trouble, others come in with ragged edges, but smooth them out with just one or two gentle nudges, some we have to work harder with, some don't make it a few hours, and there is everyone in between. That is our people. I don't know how to make them all walk in acting exactly like "someone thinks they should," or to conform in a brief and pre-determined amount of time. We have to be patient with each other, and i tend to be very patient ... even moreso than the Moderators. As we grow, and we are growing, i realize that we are not able to remain soft and easy with 7000+ Members. We are moving toward more hard and rigid, but not real hard and rigid! I hope we never become anything that resembles too hard and rigid.

Yes, you were a Moderator Sister Angelic, and i'm sure you can remember me saying time and time again ... that we have never been where we are ... none of us on the Management Team of this community have ever managed a community with 7000+ Members, hundreds of thousands of posts, online classes, voice chat, etc. ... we are all learning and we're bound to make some mistakes ... but all in all .. i'm very pleased with our Moderating Team and the way we manage ... and hopefully we'll get even better at it. Please know though, that whatever you see us doing, it is what we believe is best. If we find that we made a mistake, it is not beneath us to admit that. I've apologized often over the years, and will continue to do so when necessary.

As i've already mentioned, i'm pretty easy, but we have Moderators that aren't as easy as i am ... and things are changing ... i'm listening more to them, acting on what they say ... giving them full control to make whatever decisions they feel necessary ... and supporting them in those decisions. While our management style has been successful for the majority of this community's life ... when we had a few hundred or a few thousand Members ... it's not working as effectively or efficiently with 7000+ Members. So a change is needed (possibly needed a long time) and being implemented. I take full responsibility for the way things were and are.

How much does a Member have to take before something is done, you ask ... well ... something has been done. Brother MADD has been banned for 2 weeks and it is my hope that upon his return, we will not experience the same from him. If we do, we'll deal with that. We are not asking the Membership to be mistreated. Everyone is welcome to present their concerns openly. If there are folk who are afraid to speak up, i don't know what to say about that. No one has ever been mistreated for speaking up, as a matter of fact, i have always encouraged everyone to put their concerns on the table, everything out in the open. So if someone feels afraid, please don't.

Based on what we've done in the past, Brother MADD's behavior has not changed much. It is our hope that this 2 week ban will get his attention, and he will return with a renewed Spirit ... but if not, we'll deal with that accordingly. I guess i'm a little more hopeful than you (and perhaps others). We shall all see soon.

Sister Angelic ... i'm not sure what "reamed" means but nothing will ever happen because you have an opinion and voice it. I welcome your comments and concerns, as i do every single Member's here ... and will always try to respond.

In regard to Brother 1PoetSought's response ... i don't know that he was being facetious at all. He said, "Don't go away MADD" ... i took him to mean that he did not want Brother MADD to go away MADD. I guess we'll need Brother 1PoetSought to confirm that he was in fact being facetious and i misunderstood the words he shared.

I do agree with you that Brother 1PoetSought is oh so very peaceable! Gosh. I love him too! Whew!

The situation has been handled, Brother MADD has been banned for 2 weeks. The most we can do at this point is hope he'll come back, not doing the things that caused him to be banned. Regardless of this, you are more than welcome to say as much more about it as you'd like, there's no limit.

He's gone right now, and upon his return, if there's not a change significant enough to warrant staying, he'll be gone again.

Where is the Madness? MADD is gone.

We pride ourselves on listening to every Member's voice that wants to be heard. If there is a post, thread or issue that has been brought to our attention that has not been addressed ... please show it to me.

Sister Angelic ... i appreciate you sharing your concerns and providing this example for everyone else to know that they are welcome to do the same. If i failed to speak to any one of your concerns, let me know, and i'll try again.

Family ... please know you are welcome to present whatever questions or concerns you may have. There is absolutely no reason to be afraid to say whatever you think needs to be said. We'll do our best to respond in a timely manner.

Much Love and Peace Family.

Destee

10. PositiveMindset

PositiveMindset Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    I believe that our wayward brother Maddrapper understands the consequences of his words.

He only did what he was allowed, & when he finally was scorned like a mischeivous child he understood further the consequences of his words.

Bro. Khasm did the right thing by not banning him, but "suspending" (4 failure of a better word) him.

Maybe his time off will wake him up.

Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.