Black Spirituality Religion : Bro. George

Ayibobo,

Brother George, that's exciting that you feel a pull to Vodou or Vodun (they are a little different). If you have any questions, hit me up at my email address or on this thread. Hopefully, I can answer them.

Blackbird

that voudon gnostic workbook got me going....its just fascinating to me....eshu....he is part of the voudon spirits?

that voudon gnostic workbook got me going....its just fascinating to me....eshu....he is part of the voudon spirits?

I have never read that work, but I have seen it a few occasions and have skimmed through it - so I can't vouch for it. That what I seen, I wasn't impressed with, but that is just me. The author seemed to be all over the place and mixing other traditions. As for as Eshu, there are many Eshus. In Vodou, the energy commonly associated with Eshu is called Legba. Eshu is a Yoruba term and is not used in Vodou. Legba and Eshu are similar, but there still some differences. In the Yoruba tradition, I am omo-Eshu (a child of Eshu), but in Vodou, my met tet is Kouzen Azaka or Vodun Azaka.

Blackbird

also....just want to know of any precautions I need to adhere to before I begin this journey.....

As with all things there are precautions. First, I would say to get a better understanding of what you are getting into. Definitely, I would say as a Vodouisant, don't be confusing Eshu with Legba. Yes, they are similar but they are not the same. Legba will tell you so. They are like brothers. Think about this. I told Bro. Tyab the same thing. If you have a brother that looked very like you, would you appreciate people calling you by his name and approaching you as if you were him? You might not get mad, but.... you would be like "I guess you don't know me really to confuse me with some else."

I would suggest to work with your ancestors first and then the Ghede, before going to Legba and other lwa.

Blackbird

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back