Black Spirituality Religion : Bro. George

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Ayibobo,

Brother George, that's exciting that you feel a pull to Vodou or Vodun (they are a little different). If you have any questions, hit me up at my email address or on this thread. Hopefully, I can answer them.

Blackbird

2. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

that voudon gnostic workbook got me going....its just fascinating to me....eshu....he is part of the voudon spirits?

3. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    also....just want to know of any precautions I need to adhere to before I begin this journey.....

4. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I have never read that work, but I have seen it a few occasions and have skimmed through it - so I can't vouch for it. That what I seen, I wasn't impressed with, but that is just me. The author seemed to be all over the place and mixing other traditions. As for as Eshu, there are many Eshus. In Vodou, the energy commonly associated with Eshu is called Legba. Eshu is a Yoruba term and is not used in Vodou. Legba and Eshu are similar, but there still some differences. In the Yoruba tradition, I am omo-Eshu (a child of Eshu), but in Vodou, my met tet is Kouzen Azaka or Vodun Azaka.

Blackbird

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    As with all things there are precautions. First, I would say to get a better understanding of what you are getting into. Definitely, I would say as a Vodouisant, don't be confusing Eshu with Legba. Yes, they are similar but they are not the same. Legba will tell you so. They are like brothers. Think about this. I told Bro. Tyab the same thing. If you have a brother that looked very like you, would you appreciate people calling you by his name and approaching you as if you were him? You might not get mad, but.... you would be like "I guess you don't know me really to confuse me with some else."

I would suggest to work with your ancestors first and then the Ghede, before going to Legba and other lwa.

Blackbird

6. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

gotcha....i figured I would use his Yoruba name because I know you are familiar with it.....I knew what I needed for spirituality would be "occult" and I felt compelled to start here.....

7. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    LOL....I TOTALLY get that metaphor...I have a brother who people say we are twins and sometimes people DO get us mixed up.....so I gotcha....and I had actually PLANNED to do more research before doing anything.....and yes, also I had planned to work with my ancestors first.....I was just curious as to that particular deity because of that thread that brother Meta started.....

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Okay, I gotcha on both of your threads. I wish you well, bruh. Feel free to ask what you wish.

Blackbird

9. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    thanks bruh....trust me I am going to have questions.....

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Interesting.....well wishes on your journey George.

For some reason, Kimbwandende Fu-Kiaus book "African Cosmology of the Bantu Congo" has a grip on me.It has been that way ever since I read it. Everytime I read his works I feel like I am being uplifted....

I am also drawn to the nature of electricity.....