Brother AACOOLDRE : Bro Cornel West Book review

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Nov 13, 2009.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    BROTHER CORNEL WEST: BOOK REVIEW
    By Andre Austin

Brother West writing down his soul again in his unique memoir: Brother West: Living and Loving out Loud. This 274 page book was worth more than I paid for. It confirmed my suspicion this this Black Harvard & Princeton Professor had a deep love and concern for the oppressed peoples in the US and aboard. West was born in 1953, his mother a school teacher and father a college grad and military veteran.

West was in school at the early age of eight with an IQ of 168. West was something like Tom Sawyer in Mark Twain’s books. Tom took the fall for his female peers and got the strap. West saw hungry girls in school with nothing to eat and whip other boys and took their lunch and money and redistributed to the poor. All of west critics would of confirmed their suspicions and said yes you see he was a little Marxist at an early age. No you see West was a true blue Christian and took social action to right wrongs in the wrong way.

West was a rebel with a cause in school refusing to stand up and pledge allegiance to the flag because one of his relatives was lynched then wrapped up in an American flag by his murders. He got into a confrontation with his teacher about it and his father whipped him over it. I had a flash back to the movie Malcolm X of Rodney King getting a beating then the American flag being burned into an X. After all of these fights and rebellion West was sent to another school for the gifted. His fighting energy was redirected toward intellectual challenges and books. West became a well rounded person. He deeply loved his family music, sports, books, girls, his church, social causes. He knew how to balance it all to his advantage. He was a dancing machine wining dancing contest at garage parties. He had no problem walking into a party with a stack of books, putting them down, then getting down getting his boogie on. He’s a well rounded gifted brother indeed. His experience with sex came at an early age and he describes it as “beautiful”. In 1961 he dedicated his life on the serious tip to Jesus and Christianity but this devotion didn’t stop him from being a big fan of some people like Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali.

1970 Corn is accepted into Harvard, the oldest school in America founded in 1636. His roommate was James Brown, CBS sports caster. One of the first things he did in his room was to post a picture of Malcolm X and Albert Eisenstein on his side of the wall. H e told the officials at Harvard he came to read not run. West had a deco lined mindset. Because he didn’t want to run they gave him a broom and mop and told him to go clean toilets. Muhammad Ali was on campus to give a speech and West sneaked out of work and hid his broom and mop in his dorm room so he could hear Ali speak. He introduced Amiri Baraka and Baraka accused him of basically being brain washed by European writers. He also risk his life by challenging a Nation of Islam minister George X for calling Malcolm X a dog three times in his speech. West stood up like a man and said: “Who gives you the authority to call someone who loved Blackpeople so deeply a dog? You better explain yourself”. This was the same Corn who was eight standing up for hungry classmates. West went into hiding for a week. His life was on the line on the serious tip.

When Barack Obama announced he was running for president and Corn said he wasn’t impressed live on The State of the Black Union hosted by Tavis Smiley. Obama was supposed to be on this national program but decided to announce he was running for president. In retaliation the whole panel crucified president Lincoln with whom I call a Long-Legged-l
    Liar. West did summon himself to the White House to preach to Obama for three hours in a failed attempt to get him to be a radical leftwing president

My only friendly disagreement so far with Corn was over Eldridge Cleaver. He admitted that Cleaver’s book Soul On Ice was dynamite in the black community. Cleaver was Minister of information of the Black Panther Party. I think Soul On Ice was the baddest piece of Black literature ever written down by a Blackman who had his balls shot off by a police officer for raping a white girl. Corn thought Cleaver was crazy because he wanted Black women not to give blackmen any ill Nana (pu.ssy) if they weren’t fighting in the revolution. Cleaver probably read the ancient comic Aristophanes, a contemporary of Socrates. Aristophanes suggested in a play that the Greek or Spartan women refuse to give sex to men who kept fighting in warfare. Cleaver just took Aristophanes in reverse. When I was a teenager I first read Cleaver’s book from my fathers copy who had it hid away. I thought I should read it because it wasn’t in plain sight. The book should get the respect it deserves. Now as for me I want sex at all times. If the world is coming to an end and we got 24 hours left: I want to be King Kong to a white girl and Pharaoh to my African queen for the biggest orgasm I ever had. Cleaver was crazy was that but a literary genius for Soul On Ice.

Well I will stop now before I get to page 100. I don’t want to give you the reader a summary of the whole book because that will discourage you from buying the book. West has been consistent all his life on speaking up for Black people or anyone who is mistreated by others who have more power. He’s a man of the heart who can speak to people in the Ghetto, Church, Board room, rappers, students. I would like to wish Professor West the best and continue to read, write and speak to the people for truth, justice and equality.Dig in your pocket and go get Brother West.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    One can understand why

Larry Summers hated and feared him

3. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Corn Whips larry Summers in his book. Is he still president of Harvard?