Black Spirituality Religion : Bro. Blackbird

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by GeorgeM, May 2, 2008.

1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have been reading your replies to people and I must say what you have written has been fascinated to say the least....I am on a spiritual journey to further learn and communicate with my SELF....I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to some books I may be able to read.....I have read the Metu Neter vols 1 and 2, TOLM, Qi Gong, The 11 Laws of God but I may need to go deeper....would you be able to assist?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Peace Brother George,

You have quite an impressive list of books. Wow... I think you are going in the right direction with them, depending on your spiritual needs. Help me out. What direction you feel you are being drawn to? Do you feel an appeal to West and Central African ATRs or overall spiritualism?

Blackbird

3. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

Thanks for your quick response...I feel drawn to overall spiritualism...what you had to say in the other thread about ATR's really sparked my interest in them....for example, when I was learning about the NOI I felt at home for about three years but felt it was too close to christianity with the "hierarchy" and you could only go so far in your learning.....I broke away from that and since then have been learning to trust the Self....I felt NOI was a good starting point because they do indeed bring to knowledge of self but they only take you so far....

4. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    I also was considering reading the Science of the Dogon.....

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Which is a pretty good book. Malidoma Some's Of Water and the Spirit is another. Anything by Dr. Fu-Kiau is good. These works are reflections and some generic teachings but are okay.

Our traditions are, for lack of a better word, "mystery traditions", meaning the deeper you get involved the more meanings are revealed. They are also participatory than academic so if you only apporach them by book as opposed to practice, you may feel sorely lacking. The traditions take commitment, courage and adventure.

There are more things I could tell ya but I'm short on time. I'm going on vacation until Monday. I see ya then.

Blackbird

6. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

Thanks good brother....I will patiently wait until then....and in the meantime I will order the books you mentioned and the Science of the Dogon...

P.S. I always told a Guyanian woman when we talked that I always felt I was not from here at all......

7. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    Those books you listed are on their way to me.....also just received Metu Neter Vol 3.......

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    This is great, brother. I hope you find what you are looking for. I ask that your ancestors watch over you and protect, as well as, teach you.

Blackbird

9. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    I appreciate that good brother.....what I am seeking is complete knowledge of self and the Universe....knowledge of the divine....and communication with the ancestors and spirits....learning astral travel would be nice because I have always been fascinated in that part of the spirit as well.....received the Science of the Dogon and of water and spirit today.....will read metu neter vol 3 first and finish Qi Gong and then onto those two.....