Black People : British Black Guy Calls For Louis Farrakhan to resign leadership of NOI.....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by King Tubbs, Jul 26, 2006.

1. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
  2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother King Tubbs ... i am simply floored by this video ... sick ... it is 1 hour and 38 minutes long, and i listened to the entire thing with my mouth open the whole time. It's been over an hour since i viewed it, and i'm still sick, nauseous, and i thank you for sharing it with us.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. King Tubbs

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    Destee, are you sickened by the brothers open dislike for Farrakhan, or because you agree with his criticisms of Farrakhan?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother King Tubbs ... actually, the Brother seemed quite objective to me, trying hard to let the evidence speak for itself. So no, it wasn't his "open dislike" that made me sick, as i didn't pick up on that. Nor can i say that it was his "criticisms" of Farrakhan, because again, they didn't seem like criticisms at all, but simply an unbiased presentation of the facts brought together in a very concise, professional, and relaxed way. I was impressed with his presentation of information.

No, what made me sick was the gravity of the evidence he presented. It's damning. I got sick at the thought of it being true. It made me sick to think i might actually be listening to what really happened to our Beloved Malcolm (and his Family), and that he could be treated so badly by his own. It made me sick to think that those who "lead" us may not really love us. That they would lie to us. I'm not a follower of Minister Louis Farrakhan, or a Member of the Nation of Islam, but i am a Member of our African Family, and it sickened me. I can only imagine how an FOI or MGT might feel after viewing it.

The video challenged Minister Farrakhan in the manner he requested, and it would be very interesting to see his response.

Simply recalling it in my mind, in an effort to answer your question, makes me sick all over again.

:heart:

Destee

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Ya know Destee, little by little you may be coming to understand me a little more !:wink:

6. King Tubbs

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    I totally agree with you, Destee.

Although I'm neither a muslim or a follower of NOI/Farrakhan I always watched many of his speeches and often found myself agreeing with him and respecting him as a well educated elder brother in the family.

This video made me rethink and I have somewhat lost the respect I had for him, as you say the evidence speaks for itself.

I somehow doubt he (Farrakhan) will reply.

As an aside, the presenter of the video, who calls himself Xyborg, in previous times was a supporter of Farrakhan and interviewed him in (I think) 1989, he has been promising to release the video on the internet, if he does I'll let you know.

7. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    I mean no disrespect to Farrakhan in saying so, but it pains me to listen to him speak. It's like he's fighting to get it out. Or really postulating what is to be said before he says it. Clearly there's nothing wrong with it at all, but it just takes so long for him to articulate his thoughts. Well, he's no Kwame Toure or Brother Malcolm.

However, that's not how I recall him speaking during the time of Malcolm’s "reign." Farrakhan was extremely animated. Gestures swinging from corner to corner as he swore that Malcolm’s head should be removed and this and that. He spoke of the Brother like some gangsta thug looking for revenge. This was way in his younger days, but the cat was livid at Malcolm.

Not certain if this documentary shows the footage (I really just can't stand to hear the minister speak at length), but I saw it with eyes of my own and was appalled. He’s always rubbed me as an "agenda over truth" kinda guy anyway though. Shabaaz, on the other hand, is one of my greatest mentors.