Black Relationships : Breaking hearts and stealing money - CATFISH!

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Kadijah, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I was just looking at Dr. Phil. He had 2 (more!) middle-aged white women on who were being scammed by 1) a Nigerian and 2) a Ghanaian, both pretending to middle-aged white men. One woman had given her "fiancé, the Ghanaian, over $63,000. The investigator who found him said he looked to be 16 or 17 years old.

Bad enough to be scammed out of your money - worse, to be scammed by a kid! I wanted to crawl undercover for her! :blush:

I'd like to say I'm "dumbfounded" that any intelli..... no, that anyone with 63 freaking thousand dollars could so gullible! But, unfortunately, I know my sex. We crave love. For most of us, it is our reason for being.... and God, not the devil, did it! We (99% of us) are born to be nurturers, to hold that infant to our breasts and coo and coo and coo until it gives us that big, toothless baby grin of love and happiness. No baby? We'll settle for a man.

But, please, how can these women who get catfished NOT see the warning signs? The woman with the Nigerian has the.... craziness!.... to say that he's an American, born in Houston, but his mother is Spanish and he lived in Spain and as a result he has an "accent." As soon as she got him on the line, it was apparent that he was an AFRICAN!!! Even her son said he sounded Jamaican, for pete's sake! Well, she got lucky. She only gave him $3,000.

The other chick believed her "fiancé" who said he was working in Afghanistan and his name was "Michael Moose Advisor." Then there's a picture of him in fatigues with a label on his chest saying Michael Moose Advisor. She didn't appear to be stupid. Perhaps she just doesn't read papers or look at the news on TV and haven't heard of "advisors" in war zones. :10500: But she had $63,000, concealing $25,000 at a whop in Kellogg's Corn Flakes boxes and sending them to Ghana. :huh: Oh, right. He was captured by "pirates" and needed the money.....

Please, somebody tell me - how could this happen? How could you NOT know you were being taken advantage of when FIRST, the sucka asks you for money??? Even if you're lonely and desperate for love and want within every fiber of your being to believe the "You're my love, my life" flowery b.s., shouldn't a MAN asking you for money turn you OFF!? :11200:

(I know. Soon as "K" sees this thread he'll be off and running **sigh** but before he finds it, please respond)

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Haha, true. :lol:

These women believed what they wanted to be true; regardless of any consequences, they hoped against all odds that these 2 were the ones who'd sweep them off their feet.

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    Money has nothing to do with being smart

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    You might have something here. Thinking about it.... wishin', hopin' and then those "flowery" words, prolly sealed the deal for them. I'm always surprised at perfectly sensible women who fall for "words." Reminds me of a TEACHER (smh) I once knew who was writing to a convict.... double smh! She was telling me about him. Said he told her they called him "Sir Rat" in prison (not Rat as in "ratted out" - otherwise he'd have been dead!). She was "beaming" at me when she said it, a "beatific" smile on her lips and knowing her, I knew what appealed to her about that title. It was the "Sir" part.... and maybe the Rat, too - who knows? :10500:

At any rate, she proceeded to show me a letter he'd written to her. I was a lil stunned she'd fall hook, line and sinker for the macho b.s. until I came to the part where he said: "I sit in my cell..... and I am afraid." That's when it hit me - not only did she have herself a "bad boy" but (in her mind) she had a "sensitive" bad boy.....

(I thought 'manipulative loser', but what do I know... except that after he got her to get her professional friends to write letters to the parole board and was released, he gave her a toss in the hay, then went back to his pre-incarceration g/f).

So while there's wishin' 'n hopin' and against all the odds going on with the women who deplete their savings and hock their belongings to give money to these "strangers" using other people's photos, they're taken in as much IMHO, by the pretty words, the dreaming behind the pretty words that they're sucking up like Kool-Aid through a cyber-straw.

Oh, and in the Ghanian's case, the million dollars in gold his Catfish paid $63,000 to get "released." But even she was truly heart-broken when her middleaged white cyber-lover turned out to be a teenaged African boy.

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Rofl @
    :rofl:

But for truth, it is the dream behind the words. My mama knocked that kind of stupid out of me early; she knew the troubles she had gone through just falling for words of men with no substance, so though it hurt to hear the truth, like, "He lying through his teeth!!!", it stuck with me. I know better now.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :10500: why do i care what 'middle aged white women' do?

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    they set up these scenarios in order to promote the white person as victim.
    we all know that is not true.

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    What's not true is your opening statement.

9. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    They be "wookin pa nub" in all the wrong places. As a wise person parlayed to me as I had a discussion with them at one point and stated about people not making sense, they told me something that I knew subconsciously but needed to hear aloud... and I quote, "Most people are not truly motivated for the most part by logic, if so no one would smoke, drink, do drugs, fight over BS, if you want to move most then get at their emotions. Generally if it is good for them they shy away from, but if it is not that good, they seem to make time for."

Think about it... oops, there goes my logical brain again. Get upset and angry over what I just said! lol

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I remember legit-writer posting an article on catfishing i think ... :thinking:

I did a search but did not find it ... found this one though.

I guess catfishing is also trick'n folk out of their money online too??

the plot thickens ... :mix:

:heart:

Destee