Black Spirituality Religion : Breaking Free of Religious Convenants

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Alexandra, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    [​IMG]

Greetings all
    I’d like to pose a question to the occult practitioners;

So I think it is safe to assume that most, if not all of us grew up in Christian households, thus were baptised, or underwent catechism (for the Catholics) until for whatever reason, you decided to embark on your particular spiritual path (hop into bed with Satan as my mother would call it).

My question is this; did you ever consider, or indeed perform a ritual to sever the chords of Christianity/Islam/Judaism/Buddhism/Hinduism?. To better understand this question, please read the following.

Thoughts please?

A

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    THANATOS

IN USING MY OWN EXPERIENCE AS A BACKGROUND I WOULD PRESCRIBE A RITUAL TO BREAK FREE FROM RELIGION ESP. CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE. I REMEMBER WHEN I BROKE FREE FROM CHRISTIANITY, I WAS VERY SICK FOR TWO WEEKS I MEAN I WAS IN THE BED WITH THE FLU SYMPTOMS AS I COULDN'T MOVE MY BODY. I FEEL NOW REFLECTING ON IT THAT A RITUAL COULD HAVE DID ME GOOD TO OFFSET SOME IF ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF BREAKING FREE!

DARKSIDE MAGICK ---- I WAS SICK AS WHAT!!

3. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Excellent question Goddess A. When I came into a deeper level of awareness and broke away from the Islamic path (which wasn’t even that long ago really), I so wanted to sever my Islamic teachings and become more in tune with Afrikan spirituality thus attempted to get initiated into the Kemetic teachings (I won't say which one), but that never transpired due to a form of hierarchy. What I mean is that, I had to have been attending their classes for a period of time consistently before I was even considered for initiation which has a few levels. It kind of reminded me of a similar theme when I was a Sufi Muslim where one had to swear allegiance to the Shaykhna and attend a number of gatherings before one was considered to become a murid (disciple).

Wanting to be initiated, I tried to get an Afrikan name to change it from the Muslim name which had been given my embraciong Islam. I had a reading from a Yoruba priest (online mind you) where he gave me my name. He gave me instructions on what to do in order to honour the ancestors and to call on the spirits to work in my favour.

I must admit though that, what I found difficult was not being in the environment that I had chosen, such as the Yoruba community where I would be encouraged and supported with the practices. Being new to it also, didn't help in cementing that new perspective that I had.

Anyway, I love how the universe ALWAYS gives us what we need in order for us to find our paths, to know ourselves (or the not self) whether that be certain circumstances, situations or people. What I have learned on my spiritual journey (a beautiful one at that) is that we have to be ready to receive regardless of whatever ease or hardship the universe gives us (I hope that makes sense). I mean, I could have stayed in ignorance believing that Islam and the Prophet Muhammad was my saviour but I was ready to go beyond that which a lot of us are afraid to do.

LOL, I feel like I’m giving a run down of my journey but its all good. Anwyay, after all that, studying the occult or hermetic sciences or alchemy, I've learned that one must truly and honestly face themselves alone sometimes until such time one has the to face and deal with like minds, hearts and souls where one isn’t worrying about what someone thinks of them. Who gives a stink really? Strength and power to attract that which will benefit and push us along further on our higher path comes from admitting you are vulnerable, you are weak, and even helpless because from these admissions we can draw our strength and power (lol I just said that didn’t I?). There has to be balance. You can’t have light without dark, love without hate, etc. But we don’t want to see the negative side of who we are and go about living as if everything is honky-dory. For me religion kept me in a state of fear. Fear of questioning the Divine Creative Priniciple which many term as “God”. Why can I not question? To me I was doing an injustice to myself. So I said all that to say that “No”, I've not had any formal initiation per se, however, initiation for me can mean thinking outside of the box/es and changing the way you perceive and utilising the many tools of the universe (once we come to know what those tools are) to transform the self.

It wasn’t until I was guided into the occult path that I truly found freedom. What I mean by that is, I never felt any form of guilt or fear whatsoever if I wanted to take a drink of alcohol for a ritual or go raving at a club, because, I, ultimately, was in contol of my thoughts, my emotions and my intentions. Currently, I’m studying and applying the practices of Franz Bardon “Initiation Into Hermetics” after applying the teaching of “The Vodoun Gnostic Workbook” by Michael Bertiaux and also “Kabbalah Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation” by Lyam T. Christopher. Such books gives initiation rights and practices that one can do alone without the need of feeling one has to belong to a coven, organisation, etc. But, I think that, once one is ready to truly face oneself, that is when the initiation process truly begins because you have to be ready to throw out ALL of the old teachings and begin the process of renewal and rebirth. It means facing the dark side of the self and not many of us are truly ready to do that due to fear. Fear of questioning what we’ve been taught and programmed. We want to remain in the illusion that “our truths” is truth. And rightly so because its all the truth/s we care to know. The first lesson in transformation is admitting that one does not really know. I think it was Bro Panic that said that to me. It doesn’t matter what religion one subscribes to, my thing is that, we should be looking more towards the esoteric sides of our religion/s, i.e. gnostic, sufic, kabbalah, etc. These help us to know the shadow side, the hidden, the dark side of the self which is what self-transformation is all about.

As I always say, any “religion” is merely a stepping stone to higher knowledge, though many of us choose not to step-up or don’t know how to. But I tell you, As young or old as I am, since I’ve broken away from Islam, each day I am learning something and I don’t ever want that to cease. I’m still a student on the road to knowing self.

Sorry, I feel like I’m lecturing now…lol. Well, thanks for the question and allowing me to share. It got me thinking I can tell you. Those are my thoughts anyway dear Goddess (lol, a bit long I know). Would you mind sharing your experience/s into the same? Were you initiated? Or performed any ritutal/s to free yourself?

As always, Love, Peace!

4. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123

Very interesting! I can truly relate to that. I know that when I wanted to break from Islam and go beyond I fell into a deep state of depression or what I prefer to call a "spiritual crisis". I even wanted to commit suicide. It lasted for about 3 months solid. I never went to the doctors who would have only prescribed me medication, but rode it out until such time clarity came to me and I feel I am evolving every day.

Love, Peace!

5. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379
    I went through depression also when I left organized Religion, but have no regrets now and don't look back, because LOOK who is starting the main WARS in the world today:
    Organized RELIGION! and I am so happy to be free from their oppressive grip
    that they had upon my soul!:whip:

I still beleive in God, just not in Religion.

Love and Peace to your new outlook on life:)

6. hartwell

hartwell Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +252
    Well i never believe in any of these three monotheistic religions, christianity,judaism, muslim or muhammadism or whatever you call it. I don't post much here and mostly do a lot of reading, however from what i see with my third eye people who follow these religions seem to be combative, divisive or don't really know much about what they are following or the history of their religion. And the reason why i say that is because it is mostly the non followers or people who practice ATr's or another so called cult religion know more about the contradictions and read the bible from cover to cover and point out the errors and inconsisties in it. When they point out these obvious glaring mistakes the followers seem the get agitated or don't like to be challenge or go in ignore mode or they have to dig up articles from eurocentric scholars to get their point across. It would seem they would know from jumpstreet since they are devout followers. Of course their are former christians and muslims who don't follow these religions anymore and i am glad my brother and sisters are waking up. Well just my 0.02 cents:)

7. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Thank you Baba DM for your input. What sort of ritual did you do that triggered such a physical reaction?

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    THANATOS

I NEVER DID NO RITUAL OR NOTHING BECAUSE AT THAT TIME I DIDN'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RITUALS OR ANYTHING PER SE. WHAT I SAID WAS THAT A RITUAL OR SOMETHING SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED TO STOP THESE PHYSICAL REACTIONS WHEN LEAVING SO CALLED RELIGION.

9. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Sister Queen thank you so much for sharing! I truly enjoyed reading about your journey and I am pleased my question provided food for thought. In answer to your question, have I performed any rituals? not exactly. By this I mean that since I started getting this overwhelming yearning for spiritual enlightenment, I have experienced a continuous process of evolving and growing. So I suppose you could say I am undergoing through a long term initiation. I will however look into performing a one off ritual to ensure that I have completely severed all ties with Christianity, especially seeing how deep into it I was. At one point, I seriously considered joining a covent and becoming a nun; that's how much I loved Jesus.

A

10. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    I see what you mean; sorry, I misread your earlier comment.

PS - What happened to Tyab? Is he okay?

A