Black People : Break Down This Explanation From Malcolm And Explain

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    I want you to break down brother malcolm's explanation here from April 8th 1964 when he was in a question and answer to the "Militant Labor Forum", i believe this was actually his best explanation ever, and actually overlooked and not ever deeply looked at for the gold that it is. I just want to see if you see the blueprint in what he explains here, and explain what you think.

"But a segregated school system isn't necessarily the same situation that exists in an all-white neighborhood. A school system in an all-white neighborhood is not a segregated school system. The only time its segregated is when it is in a community that is other than white,but at the same time is controlled by the whites.

So my understanding of a segregated school system, or a segregated community, or a segregated school, is a school thats controlled by people other than those that go there.

But in an all-white neighborhood,where you have an all-white school,thats not a segregated school. Usually they have a high-caliber education. Anytime someone else can put on you what they want,naturally you're going to have something thats inferior.

So the schools in harlem are not controlled by the people in harlem, they're controlled by the man downtown. And the man downtown takes all of the tax dollars and spends them elsewhere, but he keeps the schools, the school facilities, the schoolteachers, and the schoolbooks, materials, in harlem at the very lowest level. So this produces a segregated education, which doesn't do our people any good.

On the other hand, if we can get an all-black school, that we can control, staff it ourselves with the type of teachers that have our good at heart, with the type of books that have in them many of the missing ingredients that have produced this inferiority complex in our people, then we don't feel that an all-black school is necessarily a segregated school.

Its only segregated when its controlled by someone from outside.

I just can't see where if white people can go to a white classroom and there are no negroes present and it doesn't affect the academic diet they're receiving, then i don't see where an all-black classroom can be affected by the absence of white children. If the absence of black children doesn't affect white students, i don't see how the absence of whites is going to affect black students.

So what the integrationists, in my opinion, are saying, when they say that whites and blacks must go to school together, is that the whites are so much superior that just their presence in a black classroom balances it out. I can't go along with that."

Malcolm X

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    his statement is self expalantory, and the number of NOI schools of high achievement and that recieved awards from state and federal government

are the evidence of his plee for our own affordable or even free schools

What is your opinion of how the "Children's Zone" in Harlem is funded?

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

His assessment couldn't be more right & exact IMHO!

& this is exactly why some blame the youth of today, instead of realizing that some of what they fought for yesterday was actually harmful to us by making our children feel as though they can't do anything without the white man's presence. As El Hajj stated himself, that by fighting for intergration in schools we were admitting that whites are so superior that just their mere presence in a black classroom balances it out.

I mean we spent all of that time in Africa building great civilizations and the blueprint for what everyone else does today without any white people around, but without that knowledge one feels, or felt hopeless unless the white man/women were sitting next to us instead of setting up our own.

4. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Well we need to be collectively funding and totally in control of our own communities schools anywhere.

If someone else is even partly funding it, they will try and gain some kind of control, and that usually will be connected to profiting some white community/person/agenda, and government in the end, and we getting less back in return.

I've heard of the childrens zone and its accomplishments, i will have to do some research on the funding and ect.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Also Malcolm was active in Brooklyn with Rev Galamason and, and in Harlem with cong, Powell,

so he knw that the open enrollment concept was no cure for better education, by bussing children from the innercity schools to white schools.
    he understood that the entire system of real estate tax bracket fund allocation was racist and that
    schools in the Black neghborhoods should get the same funding as schools in the white neighborhoods.

Now Malcolm would be shocked at what kind of crap is going on
    here with Cathie Black, and school corporatism,
    the closing of schools
    and Black parents fighting over a doggone lottery for charter school spots that will only accept 8% of their children

6. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Yes! Exactly.

I find it strange, yet its obvious why, that the "integrationists" within our community actually re-enforce white supremacy in their actions and in recycling the mentalities associated with it, which is always a destructive tool to control(enslave) each individual in a group. So thats why malcolm said they were sending our people virtually back to the plantation, because the act of "integrating" back into a system and society that wanted to control,profit,and enslave you enough to keep you dependent and feeling inferior, would actually cause a self-destructive behavioral pattern that is tied to thinking you can never be better than a white or seperate from a white on your own, when we had always been that way.

Thats a barbaric terrorist weapon on the mind and soul, and thats why we need to act on aspects in our community that puts forth only our people's self-interest and self-empowerment seperate from white amerikkkan influence or the lackeys they send us during election times.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    In 2009, the Harlem Children’s Zone had assets of nearly $200 million, and the project’s operating budget this year is $84 million, two-thirds of it from private donations. Last month, the Goldman Sachs Foundation pledged $20 million toward constructing an additional school building. With two billionaires, Stanley Druckenmiller and Kenneth Langone, on the board, its access to capital is unusually strong.
    Gary Cohn, the president of Goldman Sachs, who also sits on the children’s zone board, said that while test scores were important, so was treating Harlem’s childhood asthma crisis, which is a cause of absenteeism. “What it’s about to us is dealing with all of the issues these kids encounter,” Mr. Cohn said.

The zone’s two charter schools are open to all city children by lottery. Officially, the schools spend, per student, $12,443 in public money and $3,482 in private financing each year. But that does not include the costs of a 4 p.m.-to-6 p.m. after-school program, rewards for student performance, a chef who prepares healthy meals, central administration and most building costs, and some of the expense of the students’ free health and dental care, which come out of the zone’s overall budget, said Marty Lipp, the zone’s communications director.

Regular public schools in New York City spend about $14,452 each year per general education student, less than half of which is generally for classroom instruction.