Pan Africanism : Brazil's Racism

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Dec 20, 2004.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
  2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Enlighting information Thanks for sharing.

The racism is high, and the killing of children is outrageous. The police cause much of this exploitation. Chilfdren are killed and no one seems to care.

I have some Brazilian friends. They look white, speak Portuguese, and love the black culture and people of Brazil. They have invited me and my family to visit Brazil with them. I looked up some info last year and saw where the blacks were treated and housed in bad conditions. It spoke about not being out at night, how much money to carry, because your chances of being robed is extremely high, spoke about things to do like never resist and spoke about cautions one should take while at the beaches. Like not being alone. The children are really exploited there.

http://www.brazzil.com/content/view/8863/2/

" In theory, there are several laws in Brazil about the protection of children against all forms of abuse, violence, and sexual exploitation. " In places along the coast, sexual tourism has involved their prostitution by travel agents, hotel workers, taxi drivers, etc. The U.N. estimates that 500,000 children are victims of sexual abuse throughout the country.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think it should also be mentioned that many of those 54% of "white" people are actually mulattoes.