Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Brazilian Keratin Hair Straightening

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by dustyelbow, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    SO how would you like to have STRAIGHT HAIR for 4 MONTHS PLUS without going to the BEAUTY PALOR for IN BETWEENS.

Sounds GREAT.

You can SAVE ALOT of MONEY and LOOK GOOD too I guess.

Even WHITE PEOPLE are doing IT.

So I guess it's SAFE THEN....

FIND OUT

INFO: Brazilian Hair Straightening Treatment

VIDEO: Hair Product Danger

If you AINT COUGHING and WHEEZING from you CURRENT DO, How about UPPING the ASTHMA rate for our PEOPLE. Not only YOU will be affected but SO WILL the REST of the COMMUNITY.

MONSTERS are getting ready to OVERTAKE for the NATION.

This ALSO SHOULD PUT the DOMINICANS out of BUSINESS.

I will be STANDING AFAR to see how the BLOOD FLOWS.

I just LOVE how the RESPONSIBILITY of this will be on that SMART CONSUMER.

A SMART CONSUMER?

Oh well.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Dusty Elbow ... thanks for sharing. It said "Hair to Die For" ... smh ... causes cancer and everything. I'm sure the perms most of us use, or have used, have like effects, yet we continue ... so i'm sure many will jump into this too.

Straightening one's hair, especially for Black women, is soooooo deep. Much deeper than the hair style we want to wear, or the ease we claim comes from such actions. It's really a lot of mental conditioning that has taken place over generations, passed down from Mother to child oftentimes.

Not an easy chain to break.

I'm so glad i'm past my hair-straightening days, so i don't have to even consider buying this.

:heart:

Destee

3. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    There have always been toxic chemicals in hair relaxers. If they have to wear gloves to apply it, it is toxic. If you can't use while nursing or pregnant, its toxic. If people would look up the chemicals found in most hygiene products, they would be appalled. I just had to throw out a lotion this week because I had missed the parabens on the ingredient list. Companies try to imply their products are natural and such, but you always have to check the label.

4. redbull

redbull New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for sharing this. I want to know how to keep the straight hair. Can you give me any advice? Thanks million.hair accessories

5. Isys

Isys Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i, too, am a fomer hair straightener. i no longer use that stuff, anymore. i have natural hair that is locked. i have no desire to straighten my hair, again.

i met someone who was trying to introduce this process. she charges about $100 PER HEAD and she is so excited about it. i am sorry, i am not interested in any of that.

since i have my hair natural, i have a new sense of well being and feel more of a connection to who i am.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    it's a shame of the danger we get in and do to our hair , ladies need to wake up to these
    products that is killing the hair from it's root

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

ROFLMBO!

8. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    This is very true - like you said, cancer and everything else. Yet again, we have to watch what greases we put in our hair as well because they can clog up your pores which causing a lack of oxygen (cancer is simply your blood lacking between 55 to 60% oxygen forcing it to live off of carbon-dioxide which is poisonous ). Another point to look at again, is that the grease can enter into your pores going directly into your blood stream clogging up your veins decreasing the circulation causing brain-damage, and heart failure and many other things.

Use Vitamin E and coconut oils which is extremely good for your hair. Vitamin E is good for your skin but if it gets into your pores it fights against the very thing our bodies try to protect us from such as Cancer and other diseases so Vitamin E is extremely good to use for hair. I use it for my dreads and the good thing about it is that you can add some lavender to the mix to get the smell you want or you can keep it simple with the coconut scent.

Also be extra careful my sistas with these weaves because they hold chemicals that can be down right deadly and can also cause Alzheimer's disease. When our sistas began to sweet those chemicals go straight into your pores and these chemical circulate throughout your whole body poising the blood - your life force. If your life force is poisoned then you are a walking poison ready to do as poisoned people do in a matter of time ... catch my drift.

Just wanted to throw some information in there for those whom may not know.

Peace

Dr. *......* aka Ru2religious CNC (Certified Nutrition Coach)

9. Poignant One

Poignant One Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    :fyi:

I'm sorry to have to dispute something someone has said in my first post here, but I have to address some of the claims made in the above post. I am a medical professional, my field of specialty being vascular medicine, and I cannot ignore the misinformation being given.

"Grease" does not enter the blood stream via your pores and "clog up" the veins. This is not physiologically possible. Not only that, it is not within the veins where "decreased circulation" leading to "brain-damage" [sic] originates. I believe you are attempting to reference arterial atherosclerotic disease, which can be one cause of strokes and heart attacks, but most certainly does NOT come from hair grease via the pores.

A word of advice to all: Take information you read on Internet message boards with a grain of salt. If something looks interesting or concerning to you, do some research before blindly accepting and following the well-meaning, but often inaccurate advice of anonymous strangers on a discussion board--that includes information from me, as well. There are other inaccuracies in the above post, as well as others I've read in this thread, but there's no way to regulate this. Just do your research!

I hope this post is taken in the informational, friendly context in which it is intended.

Peace. :toast:

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother RU2Religous ... Thanks for sharing!

:heart:

Destee