Black People : Brainwashing or a lack of education?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ManicRaider, May 19, 2011.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    NOTE: It may be best to watch the video before reading what I have to say.

I saw this video in another thread and it got me to thinking. Is something like this considered being brainwashed or simply a lack of education? And it's not just this situation but any other religious or [size=+2]non-religious[/size] scenarios where people are quick to blame non-blacks for the misfortunes of blacks. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen but when are we going to start taking responsibility for some of the stuff that happens right this second? Not stuff that happened in the past but right now?

We have some members of this site (I won't name names) who are quick to offer financial support to individuals, cities and countries but hardly do they ever mention educating. Why is that? Helping people out with food and water is great, I don't deny that but it's very important to educate people on how to get it for themselves rather than just giving it to them. Now you may be asking, how did we get from talking about brainwashing and education to money and donations and such? Well if you watch it you will see that some of these people were suckered into this because they were told that by giving money and worship all of their problems would go way. Instead of educating them about money, illness and diseases they're being told that they don't have to worry about it because you can pay god to get rid of all of their problems for them without them actually learning or doing anything.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    how about both, brainwashing and a lack of education. and some peoples willingness to take advantage of others.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I would like to throw indoctrination in for good measure as well.

People need to be sold on self-responsibility :).

I find that freedom and self-responsibility are corresponding as well as directly proportional to each other.

The more you embrace self-responsibility, the more freedom you shall have.

He who accepts the benefit suffers its burden. Self-responsiblity is the burden, the charge. Freedom is its benefit.