Black People : Brainstorming for collective goals & solutions

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Full Speed, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Family, where do we want to go as a collective people? I don't necessarily mean geographically, although I am not excluding it. I get the impression that most of us, myself included, have no intentions of leaving the United States for Africa or any other location. Some, however, plan or think we should plan an exodus from the United States. I think both are viable options as long as we act upon our desire.

Basically, some are of the opinion that White people will never change their ways regardless of what we do or don't do. If this is the case, we are in a state of perpetual victimhood unless we make a definative change. So, are we happy with our current conditions? If not, lets articulate the things we are not willing to accept and see if we can offer some brainstorming for collective goals & solutions towards those goals.

ALSO, this thread is not for bashing someone elses ideas...this is just brainstorming so as far as ideas go, no one has a monopoly on ideas and anything goes as far as possibilities that should be on the table for potential solutions. This is an attempt to build a coalition of the willing, those willing to get in the fight and become proactive towards effecting change in the areas of our collective lives that we are dissatisfied with.

If we can never expect equitable treatment from White people, we certainly don't want to be perpetually dependent upon them for employment, justice in the Criminal Justice "system", or for educating us to be independent of them.
    So, with that in mind, lets brainstorm for ideas for how we can set and reach collective goals and solutions.

What do we want for our:

Geographic location?

Family structure?

Education system?

Employment?

Business and Technology?

Crime reduction?

Health and Health Care.

Etc. etc.

Most importantly, this is not about DREAMING unrealistic dreams. This is about tangible goals and practical solutions for reaching those goals. Do not use this thread to bash the ideas of others, especially if you have no ideas of your own. If you have nothing positive to bring to the table, please just observe. If you see fault with a potential solution, please present that fault in a respectful and civil manner. We cannot solve our problems through infighting. Hopefully, this can be a thought provoking exercise which produces some practical options for going to where it is we want to go.

Remember: If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    Two documents to look at and analyze

for thier simplicity, and the capacity for each person to be able to contribute in small ways for the collective good of the race;

The Charter of the Organization of Afro-American Unity;
    written by El Hajj Malik Shabbazz(PBUH) nd Dr. Clarke(PBUH)

and the NGuzo Saba.

These are two flashlights in the dark

3. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    I am glad that you caused something psychic to happen since I had just woke up, unable to sleep worrying about our folks on my block and the neccessity for a survival preperation Harambe', what source materials, data, and resources to share amongat key families for them to distribute exponentialy with thier extended families and network of friends and associates as well.

Sort of an African centered-pyramid or ponze scheme in reverse were the benefits come from the top down and then distributed.

You may not have been conciously aware of it but thank you!!!

4. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I will take a look at that now. Thanks.

5. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    We have a choice,

do the work networking and planning across the nation on the venues that are available to us,

or just sit complacently and let the plutocracy return our beloved children into debt and mental slavery by the time they are adults.

take a look at my other posts dealing with the urgency of what you address like "It takes a village and other posts.

Each and every one of us of African ancestry can at least spend five hours per week for the common good and prosperity of the Race

6. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Do you have a direct link to those documents? I am not finding them right off.

I agree that we should all be in the fight and a part of the process of identifying goals and moving towards those goals.

I am looking for specific actionable plans and goals. I was hopeful that the documents you point out may offer a starting point. Don't want to reinvent the wheel if it has already been done. On the other hand, If we must start from scratch, all we need is a coalition of the willing to get started.

7. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    I will post the entire Ngozo Saba on a new post for you and the family here.

The Charter of the Organization of African American Unity is in the back chapter of "Maclolm X , A man and his Times" by Dr. John Henrick Clarke(PBUH)
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/47818
    I will be posting experpts of that at the first of the month but please, by any means necessary buy the book ASAP, in sets of 4 if you can afford and pass along.

Also "The Plan" which is another document of collective edification , which is in the final chapters of
    "The Destruction of Black Civilizations" by Chancelor Williams (PBUH)

Also "Black Labor, White Wealth" by Dr. Claude Anderson
    has an excellent presentaion of what he calls Blackanomics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqdVGR3uQqY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8la-r0XNA

Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political, and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century , by Amos Wilson(PBUH)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...QqQL_zemIDg&q=black+power,+amos+wilson&hl=en#

is the most important book for everyone who is dedicated and serious about what you are urgent about in this post,

it is 600 pages of mandatory reading and analysis, necessary for the development and prosperity of the national Black community

8. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    of all the topics of discussion the Black community is in need of a consensus on this

9. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    it is imperative to

the urgent needs of the community that these 2 brainstorm posts have a cohesive unison and consensus that can be understood and agreed upon since both ideas in both posts are more then important

10. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    It is probably best if we combine the two. That is why I cut and paste your post with the links/references over into the other thread so we could all get on the same sheet of music. For simplicity sake.