Black People : Brain Wash Images

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Astrologer4U, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    I am so fed up these types of images. When will ever stop? When we black people are able to reach out and do for our own, instead of letting white people, continue to present to the world that they are the angels? Can we do that, reach out and help save our own, or can we not? Please read the article below the pictures, it pertains to what you see in the images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scottsdale woman gives Sudanese refugees help, love, support
    Shanna Hogan, Tribune
    After 8-year-old Gabriel Kuany heard the screams of friends and family in the village being slaughtered, he escaped, barefoot, to the nearby jungle. So did about 30,000 other boys between the ages of 4 and 11 from surrounding villages.

The journey to find a safe place took five years and thousands of miles. More than half did not survive.

“It was a nightmare,” says Kuany, now 26. “We settled in an Ethiopian refugee camp. There was no other place.”

For nine years Kuany and the other refugees survived on one meal and 2 liters of water a day. Many died of disease and starvation.

“We had terrible lives in Ethiopia,” he says. “We didn’t know if we were going to have a better life, ever.”

In 2001, things looked like they’d get better for Kuany: Through the United Nations, he and about 3,700 Sudanese males were moved to the United States. More than 400 of the Lost Boys of Sudan wound up in the Valley, thought to be the largest concentration of Sudanese refugees. But adjusting to a completely different life wouldn’t be easy. It wasn’t until a chance meeting with a kind Scottsdale real estate agent that Kuany would finally feel safe and protected.

A new life

The Lost Boys had been forced to flee their home in 1987 during the second Sudanese civil war. During that time an Islamic law targeted the black population that embraced Christianity, forcing them to convert or be killed. Many of the boys who survived attacks by government troops escaped because they were tending to cattle at the time. But their journey didn’t end once the boys settled in the United States.

“Everything was new to me,” Kuany says. “They had to show me how to turn a light on and off and flush a toilet. They had to tell us how to do everything.”

And before he had time to adjust, he was employed at his first job as a cart wrangler at a Scottsdale Safeway. Soon after, he was approached by a short Scottsdale woman named Reita Hutson. About 16 months earlier, Hutson had seen a television program about the Lost Boys and felt a higher power was directing her to help them.

“Prior to that I had only heard about the Sudan once before,” she says. “I was so amazed by these boys and what they had been through.”

Hutson says she knew Kuany was a Lost Boy.

“I was nervous to approach him, but I felt like I had to do this,” she says. “That’s how this whole thing got started.”

Gabriel's Dream

After talking with Kuany about his life in Ethiopia and his journey to America, Hutson says she wanted a way to help.

“Gabriel told me there were only two things that he wanted: his education and his teeth,” she says.

In Sudan, it’s tribal tradition for the boys to have five or six of their bottom teeth removed as soon as their adult set comes in. This makes it hard for them to eat American food or speak English intelligibly.Hutson began speaking to Valley dentists and says she was amazed by how many were willing to donate their services to the Lost Boys.

“Gabriel never asked me to fix his teeth,” Hutson says, who says Kuany was surprised to find out his teeth would be fixed. “I just wanted to find a way to help.”

Soon Hutson started talking with some of the other boys and expanded her efforts. It evolved into Gabriel’s Dream, a nonprofit foundation that provides medical and dental treatment as well as scholarships to the Lost Boys who have settled in Arizona. The foundation has secured more than $1 million in dental treatment and more than $20,000 in scholarships. But above securing funds and services, Hutson says she really just wanted to give the boys the love, support and comfort they had never had in their lives.

“They were never able to run or play like children. When they were hurt or scared, they had no one to love or comfort them,” she says. “That’s the No. 1 thing I wanted to do for them, was to be a mom.”

And to the boys, that’s what she’s become. Most call her “Mom” or “Mama Reita.”

She goes with each one to their medical and dental appointments and lets them stay at her home to recover. She’s also always available when one of the boys has a problem or needs advice. The care Hutson provided was only what a mother could give, he says.

“We tell her she’s our mom, because she takes care of us,” Buoth says. “But she’s not just a simple mom, she’s a great mom.”

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/images/photos/n07om9pu.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/94018&usg=__UUNFK2HeWkjhfNNNAnApPK6MdNw=&h=263&w=400&sz=31&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=9YAjNZs_QNQMXM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSome%2Bof%2Bthe%2B%2522Lost%2BBoys%2Bof%2BSudan%2522%2Btake%2Bpart%2BSunday%2Bin%2Ba%2Bmeeting%2Bat%2BMcDowell%2BMountain%2BCommunity%2BChurch%2Bin%2BScottsdale.%2B(Julio%2BJimenez,%2BTribune)%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

How do you all feel about this image, will this continue? Is there anything we black people can do to stop this form of brainwash from continuing to happen?

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Sister Astrologer4U,

I must remind you of our rules regarding posting complete articles in the forums. Please review the rules where you will also find some examples.

Please edit to include a few sections of the article, and provide a link to allow members to read the orginal.

Thank you!

:heart:
    Zulile

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i wouldn't have the foggiest notion ...

besides, if "we" "couldn't" help our own in NOLA ...

(education; self worth; self dignity; family values; community; self identity; our own media; turn off their media ...)

4. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I'm so sorry sis, I jsut can't seem to get any of this posting other articles and youtubes right, please forgive me. Making those corrections now.

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Thanks, Astrologer4U - I see you've posted a link (to the photograph) yet the article has not been shortened appropriately. If you need some assistance, please let me know!
    :heart:
    Zulile

6. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

Is that better?

7. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    NO their's nothing you can do to stop some sudanese men from taking pics with a pale face!

8. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Excuse me! are you implying that I was wanting to do something about Sudanese people taking a picture with a pale face...LOL

Actually, the image along with the artical projects and furthers the fact that, white people come in posing as saviors to black people. This is a false representation when black people are in the positions they are in, due to white people and their abuse of this planet, as well as it's inhabitants.

Astrologer4U

9. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Please, explain how the incidents in this article can be blamed on "White people and their abuse of this planet, as well as its inhabitants"? I don't understand the connections between the self-destructive actions and behaviors of their own people against them and the actions of white people abusing the planet and its inhabitants. A clear explanation as to how this works would go a long way towards substantiating this seemingly far fetched claim.

10. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Reita Hutson is a hero. I am not sure why anyone would want to take that away from her. Without Reita, and other good people like her, Gabariel Kuany and other unfortunate victims like him would still be in Sudan or Ethiopia in a refugee camp.

Reita is no act, no fake, not part of some racial conspiracy. She is a person who have given of herself. Now, we have one set of blacks that committed the offense, others who acknowledge no fault on the part of the offender, but want to blame Reita for wanting to "pose as saviors to black people" and then you have the victim, who recognizes her for who she is, a human of good conscience and a desire to help whom he affectionately refers to as "Momma Reita".

How can anyone of good conscience take the actions of an individual who has done so much good and twist it into something evil? I wonder if Gabariel came on this site and spoke well of Reita and condemned the actions of his government and fellow Africans would he be called a "Self-hating Negro"?