Food Discussion : Brain-Eating Amoeba Shows Up in Louisiana Tap Water: Here’s What You Should Know

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Danger,

Brain-Eating Amoeba Shows Up in Louisiana Tap Water: Here’s What You Should Know

[​IMG]

St. Bernard Parish in Louisiana is undergoing a 60-day chlorine “burn” of its water supply after Naegleria fowleri was detected. (Photo: Getty Images)

A brain-eating amoeba that killed two people two weeks ago has turned up in the water supply of a Louisiana county near New Orleans for the second time in two years ...

[​IMG]
    Naegleria fowleri, the amoeba that killed 14-year-old Hunter Boutain. (Photo: Corbis Images)

https://www.yahoo.com/health/brain-eating-amoeba-shows-up-in-louisiana-tap-125170465647.html

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Either:

A. They don't disinfect their water. Many systems maintain 0.1 ppm of Chlorine in the system to kill any potential pathogens.

B. They have a breach which allows groundwater to seep back in

3. Damaris Sheldon

Damaris Sheldon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Yuck, most of my kin on my dads side are from the Bayou & I could hardly keep what they called food down much less drink that liquid sewage that passes for well water. Bayou Country is a gross smelly place & I never want to go back there ever again. I may leave New York upon graduation from NYU but it won't be back there, never, no way, not me. I'm never going back.