Food Discussion : Brain-Eating Amoeba Shows Up in Louisiana Tap Water: Here’s What You Should Know

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Danger,

Brain-Eating Amoeba Shows Up in Louisiana Tap Water: Here’s What You Should Know

52cef9cbb0c5c773b68e41f598da9df5eff30fdd.jpg

St. Bernard Parish in Louisiana is undergoing a 60-day chlorine “burn” of its water supply after Naegleria fowleri was detected. (Photo: Getty Images)

A brain-eating amoeba that killed two people two weeks ago has turned up in the water supply of a Louisiana county near New Orleans for the second time in two years ...

5f9386a6ac47edf2c188f78c9f4007f4a0ca039a.jpg

Naegleria fowleri, the amoeba that killed 14-year-old Hunter Boutain. (Photo: Corbis Images)

https://www.yahoo.com/health/brain-eating-amoeba-shows-up-in-louisiana-tap-125170465647.html

Either:

A. They don't disinfect their water. Many systems maintain 0.1 ppm of Chlorine in the system to kill any potential pathogens.

B. They have a breach which allows groundwater to seep back in

Yuck, most of my kin on my dads side are from the Bayou & I could hardly keep what they called food down much less drink that liquid sewage that passes for well water. Bayou Country is a gross smelly place & I never want to go back there ever again. I may leave New York upon graduation from NYU but it won't be back there, never, no way, not me. I'm never going back.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back