Boys n' the Hood

pinkfighter

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 12, 2004
I just watched an amazying movie. It moved me and made me think. The movie is called "Boys n' the Hood". I'm not sure if you all watched it, but you all should. It brings to the surface the sort of thing people like to keep quiet about. I cried watching the movie. It really hurt when I saw young guys dying for stupid reasons. It really blows my mind that these sort of things happen on a daily base. After watching the movie it made me feel so fortunate that I don't live in a community where drive by shooting is not an unsual thing. And that I have parents who care for me.

When I was watching the behaviour of the gang members it made me want to smack some sense into their heads. It's as if someone had taken their heart. Killing someone to them almost seemed as though they were killing an animal. For me it's hard to imagine people like that, so I sometimes pretend to myself it isn't real. It's much easier for society to have a blind eye to what is really going on in some communities. I respect those who who actually go to those communities and try to make a difference. Those people are the ones who should be praised. At least I think so.

Okay, I'm just rambling now. Sorry for my post being so long. I just wanted to write the type feelings the movie evoked out of me. If anyone as seen the movie, I would love to hear what you thought of it. Don't quote me, what I just wrote could be all junk, because I have never experienced any gang violence or anything like that. These are just my opinions.

Saw the movie too many times........
I feel what you're saying and yes it is sad,but that's life some people are just ignorant and act like they are controlled by others.Keep being positive it'll get you somewhere,but it's not like that all the time in the hood.The movie was just showing what does happen so people could quit actin' like this is Home Sweet Home America and nothing ever happens "It's Real".

Yes pink, it was a very well narrated movie. I feel as if it was so true to life and stuff. It brought to reality the real story of the cold streetz to viewers that other wise would have never heard about it. I love to sit and watch it. I like you think it's very sad and stuff. I also feel that the people in this movie were stupid but I didn't feel that way when I was doin' some the same stuff they were doin' three years ago.....n e way....that's another story. I like this topic and I like your views.....continue sharing with us.

huh huh!!!

I've not yet seen the movie but i guess how much itz painful!If itz better for u,if ur days can be less painful,go on n continue to tell urself that itz not true!But i want to ask u smtg;do u want to bring new days in this country or don't u care about whatz happening around u?Don't close ur eyes plz!open them n do smtg for that to stop!Follow ur heart

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back