Black Relationships : Boyfriend ignores text messages

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by CaliLioness, May 31, 2007.

1. CaliLioness

CaliLioness Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been in a relationship with a gentleman for six months now. Let me point out that we discuss that we were exclusively seeing each other. Anyway, he went back to his hometown for the weekend, and while he was there I sent him a couple of text messages, just to say hi and to let him know that I am thinking about him. He never responded to my text messages. My last phone conversation with him was on Wednesday a week ago, and he stated that he would call me back as soon as he finished his conversation with his brother. He never returned my phonecall - until Tuesday, but I did not speak with him him when he called because I'd fallen asleep. I make it a rule that when someone says they are going to call me back, then I won't talk to them until they call me - they need to follow up on what they say they're going to do. This is not the first time this has happened, and I'm starting to get the feeling that he is losing interest, that there could be someone else, I don't know. I do know that by him ignoring my text messages and not calling me when he says he will call borders on rude and disrespectful. If I don't say anything he will think that it's okay that he can act this way. If I say something, he will probably tell me I'm acting irrationally about the whole thing. How would you feel if someone you were in a relationship with ignored your text messages or didn't call when they said they would . Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

2. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    If I'm on a business trip, then I keep in touch. If I go on vacation to like Vegas or something, then I keep in touch. But when I go home, (Gary Indiana) I'm on vacation from my Honey Pooch and the rest of the world, I'm with my peoples, leave me alone, I only got a week with them, I only see them about every three years, Baby, I'll see you when I get back! K.

3. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved CaliLioness writes: This is not the first time this has happened, and I'm starting to get the feeling that he is losing interest, that there could be someone else

How would you feel if someone you were in a relationship with ignored your text messages or didn't call when they said they would . Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Medea,Tyler Perry and Common Sense tells us if the above is happening, we are the first to know.

Sometimes that someone else can be just themselves, and not necessary another female. This male owes you absolutely nothing, not even an explanation and vice versa.

I never had that problem of sitting idle waiting to hear a half ring/call because I am the one that is hard to find. One of those Catch Me If You Can, because I have to many gifts in me that allows me to create 24/7 if I could stay up that long, to be thinking about if someone will call. That is too needy, and needy females can turn most males off.

This is what happens when we live in expectations of others. This is what happens when we become FAST Friends.

Precious do not allow no people, place or thing to have that much of a GRIP on your mind to cause you to lose focus on you, and you need to keep moving on and say SO BE IT. What will be will be? Is he the last fish in the Sea? Please stop trying to hold onto someone/something that is not willing to be held down. We are in each other lives for a reason and a season, 1, 2, 3, 10, 15 months/years, and perhaps the season is up for the reasons you two got together. In the meantime, remain Master of your Mind-thoughts instead of allowing your mind to be aslave to the what ifs he may/may not be doing. Isn't keeping track with our own mind thought a big enough JOB? Work it, work it Precious. Work your mind-thoughts :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: back to being focus on you, Harmony, Balance, and order.

Run, run, run to the nearest book store and pick up Sherry Argov book titled, Why men Love...You will find out the last word when you see the book.It is a guide for every female to know how to teach a male how to get along with us. We are the first teacher. Ring, ring, precious the bell has rung. It is Time out to come off the playgrounds, because the Merry-go-round Games are over, and it is time to pay attention to instructions in that book and other books that are just as Innerlightening.

When short term or long term union are no longer, that is the best time to read as much as we can. We do not have to lack Knowledge, when we can read, meditate and go within our Divine Centered selves for the answers we seek.

Here is loving you/Afrika (HILY/A):luv:

4. CaliLioness

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I appreciate your input.

5. CaliLioness

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Goddess, you could be correct - maybe our season is up. But don't think I sat around the house doing nothing - I kept myself busy hanging with friends and doing the things I like to do. I've seen the book you are referring to, maybe I will pick it up, I might learn something. This has happened before in other relationships - phone calls not being returned, texts being ignored - only to find out it was because of another woman, I was being cheated on, and I just felt this could be happening again. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

6. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Precious CAl:

I am honored to be able to serve, and it is a relief to know you did not just sit arround.

Enjoy the book and perhaps read it until you have it memorize and apply it to your future Union with others.

HILY/A:kiss2:

7. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    is it me, or did this whole dating thing used 2b simpler?

w a track record like mine, i wld never tell ANY1 what they shld do n a given dating situation, but i will make a couple of observations. u didn't mention (or i didn't c, how long u've been involved w e/o - that makes a difference.

i believe that ppl who regularly don't return calls r communicating something about themselves & their expectations w regard 2 the relationship & where u stand n it. that may b overt or covert; conscious or sub-conscious, but they r telling us something.

now, u said: "He never returned my phonecall - until Tuesday, but I did not speak with him him when he called because I'd fallen asleep." so, r u saying that b/c he only left a messege that it doesn't count as returned call? hhmmm, not sure i can go there w u, since an attempt was made.

now, as far as the text messeging goes, b honest: were u truly texting him only 4 the purpose of "saying hi" ? or were their other motives?

it does appear that there is some interest there - u may hv slightly mor than he does, i don't kno. on the other hand, f it's really early n the "relationship", it may b that a little patience might b worth considering.

thats really all i can say w/o knowing mor.

o k, now u can tell me 2 :shutup:

8. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    only intended 2 underline a couple of words - sorry bout that.

obviously, i still don't kno how that works.

9. CaliLioness

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL I would never tell you to shut up!!!! It's been six months since we've been in a relationship. Yes, he returned my phonecall the following Tuesday, but didn't leave a message. I then sent a text msg the following morning apologizing for missing his call the previous evening. As far as my two text messages he never responded to, there are no other motives, only saying hi and let him know that I'm thinking about him.

10. CaliLioness

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL I would never tell you to shut up!!!! It's been six months since we've been in a relationship. Yes, he returned my phonecall the following Tuesday, but didn't leave a message. I then sent a text msg the following morning apologizing for missing his call the previous evening. As far as my two text messages he never responded to, there are no other motives, only saying hi and let him know that I'm thinking about him.