Boyfriend Bluez

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by EbonyQueen06, Aug 11, 2004.

1. EbonyQueen06

EbonyQueen06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    My boyfriend well, he's a b-ball player like me be the problem is he has a choice to go to college in Florida they'll give him a free ride and all he has to do is get his GED but the problem is I live in Va and I don't want him to leave me but I want him to follow his dreams this queen is so confused :crying:

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Awww EbonyQueen!

Its never an easy way to say goodbye to someone you love. This may be an opportunity of a life time for him. Are you afraid that his feelings may change for you? Being so far away and stuff. How old are you if I may ask? Sometimes we must let others live and experiences things they desire.

Its no sure way to secure you that all will ever be okay. These things you just don't know. If he is serious about his dreams and goals, Hug him, Kiss him, Let him know how much you love him and send him on his way. You will have holidays and vacation time to reconnect. Also, It can be a new place for you to visit from time to time.

I can't tell you how not to feel because there is no avoiding that, But I can tell you that all who seperates from their love ones go through this too.

Be strong sister! Do what you know is right!

3. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    lets see... tried the long distance thing before.. it worked but fo only so long....

when i was leaving to go to college me and my boyfriend were together fo almost a yr.... we stayed togehter.. til 2 weeks after i left... he wanted 2 move down wit me... all this stuff i wasnt ready fo.. and things that i couldnt see when i was constantly around him came to the light while i was away... i think it was a bad break up but a neded one.. all relationships need growth.. and that only comes threw learning to get threw stepping stones... and problems... wit time. tru love always prevail whether yall break up and meet 20 yrs later... jus think think realistically.... would u be happy if yall struggle or as friends who have a beautiful lasting bond.......

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    EbonyQueen, My Sistah!

You know, that is EXACTLY what I am dealing with as these days go by. In February, it was love at first sight between me and a pretty fine sistah that I encountered. We got together, and as I got to know her, she became the type of woman that I can spend the rest of my life with. She was the best woman that I have ever been woth in my life. I am headed off to a college in Florida, and that is something that I have been looking forward to since I was 8 years-old and first knew about Florida. The tough thing is that I know that I will not ever find another woman like her as long as I live, and she feels the same way. I can't stand to see her, because all I think about is how I find true love, but could not hold on to it. The only thing that is keeping all that off my mind is God telling me that there shall be bigger and better. I am listening real well, but it is not working. I will be JEALOUS for a good 6 months if anyone falls in love with her, and there is not much that I can do about that. All I can say is if she moves down to Florida and she is single and I find her, there is a 99% chance that we WILL be back together.

But enough about me, this is your thread.

It is NOT easy to stay with someone 100+ miles away from you. Florida has plenty of nice fine career sistahs that might turn out just like you did, and some might interest him. You just have to move on and worry about yourself. I know he seems special, but dwelling too much on him if he leaves will drag you back. You need to get his address, phone number, and/or anything you could that will keep you guys in touch. I'm pretty sure he would not mind calling you or writing you.

Stand strong, no matter how the outcome is Sistah.

Cedric Denson

5. EbonyQueen06

EbonyQueen06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank u for the love I'm 16 but I feel like I don't want to be wit nobody but him so I reall apreciate da advice

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    wow

16 years!let me tell u smtg!I'm 19 n i think itz just a feeling!u'll forget about him,slowly but surely!As long as u stay with him,ur luv will slowly disappear!
    When i was 17,i was with a girl of 16!We've made one year 2gether!She was talking about marriage n so on!let me laugh.She leave me though i've decided not to have sex with her till we get married n so on n so for!U should have seen us;like husband n wife!I think her reaction is normal;u r young,u will do many experiment of luv.Don't seek for the perfect luv n live the moment;otherwise u'll loose smtg cool!Perhaps u'll find soon a guy better than him n u'll luv him more!Trust me;just make do with.
    Peace sis