Black People : Boycotts

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by CarrieMonet, Feb 5, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Are there any business' or companies that you are personally boycotting due to bad service or bad products? Share your reasons for the boycott if you care to.

2. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not eat at Denny's restaurants because of the way they treated the Black FBI agents and other Black customers; I do not buy gasoline or anything else from Texaco because of their reference to Black people as "...black jelly beans...". Currently, Von's, Ralphs and Albertson's store employees are on strike regarding wages and medical benefits. I do will not shop at Von's and Albertson's and I restrict as much as possible shopping at Ralph's. Sometimes, I have to go to Ralph's because it is in walking distance (right around the corner). The ceo's of these store companies are simply engaged in union busting and if they win, all other US companies will follow the same course. Eventually, we will have a third world work force such as they have in India, China, etc. People will just be working to survive, pay bills and make huge profits for corporations. I restrict my purchases at Wal-Mart because they are the cause of allot of this union busting. :mad:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I HAVE TO AGREE
    with you on many issues of the union bust
    and how we are treated i don't buy gas from Texaco
    and a few other places for how blacks are treated
    talked about and labled

4. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Here is my list of boycotts:

Texaco - I've long avoided giving them my money before they were accused of racist service and of racial complaints regarding employees in their company. Usually their prices are just too high.

Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and US Bank - I hate banks and prefer credit unions. The 3 banks mentioned all have lousy customer service.

McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, KFC, and Jack in the Box - BAD FOOD, need I say more? Okay...I don't like how most of these companies use advertising gear predominently to black folks. The food is not nutricious and is making people fatter...yet they try to get the kids hooked early on. I stopped eating McDonalds 14 years ago when my daughter was little, it always gave me the runs.

AT&T wireless - this company was truly a nightmare for me. They make mistakes and then you can not reach anyone in the company to get issues resolved.

Bon-Macy's - Another company with bad customer service.

All Nail shops - I don't like fake nails and especially have no intention on giving my money to people who do not like me. I have yet to see a black owned nail shop in my city.

AOL - highly overrated

IHOP & Denny's... I really wonder how clean theses places are.

Firestone - They tried to rip me off twice.

Walmart - I seriously can't stand this chain. I know people who work there and the pay is lousy. The store was always junky and unorganized. It's been on my ban list for 3 years. Unfortunately my mother has worked for this company for 20 years in Oklahoma.

Dairygold - this may be a company that is strictly located in Washington state but they have major issues.

Blockbuster Video

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Adding to the above lists . . .

Sears and Target . . . very poor customer service and they harass customers.

Any store that profiles Blacks and follows them around the store. That should include most stores, particular those considered "upscale."

All you can eat restaurants because the quality of the food is poor and they encourage obesity.

Tobacco industry it kills.

Clothing manufactured in sweatshops.

Any company that destroys the rainforests, coral reefs and pollutes oceans and the air.

I wish I could boycott insurance companies because they just don't make much sense to me and reek of robbing and pilfering the public. I wish I could boycott American pharmaceutical corporations because they're just ripping people off also. If I didn't have to buy money from banks and pay all that interest, I'd boycott them too. We definitely need to cut up all "credit" cards and never do business with companies that require that you have one.

That just about covers it. . . for now.

:uzi:

6. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Speak tha truf sis!

It's sad but there are still all kinds of injustices and unequality issues around today.
    Thankz for informin a sistah.
    :heart:

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Excellent!

New to my list is CBS and it's affiliates (I stopped MTV about a year ago; stopped a few months back and watched Snoop's show for approx. 5 mins. then off forever)...CBS because they and others deal in lewd hypocrisy--- I am not defending Janet, why she wanted to have a serialkiller looking dude like Justin T. rip off her top is beyond me... I believe that it was an accident...but the racist hypocrisy of the outcry, led by Micheal "Tommy Boy" Powell... is ridiculous!

FOX news and affiliates--Racist

Any store where Blacks are followed around

Any store or entity where Blacks have been discriminated against: A friend told me Bank One; but I have not been able to validate claim..

Asian restaurants/stores

Black-owned Businesses that give shotty service to Blacks

Any movies or videos with Black males and anything but Black females (and I don't buy the cd or dvd either)

Anybody who disrespects or dinigrate Black Americans... I include Blacks in this too.

Boycotts have time limits... I don't boycott, I just STOP... no returns.

8. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15

That is so true! I can think of more than a few places that I've stopped going to altogether.