Black Sports : Boycott College Sports Events and Broadcasts?

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Feather, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412

i was surprised when i was told this has been going on for a long time; black athletes being exploited. i used to hear about the no endorsement thing but i never really understood everything because i wasnt really into sports much like i am now. i didn't know every year these coaches are making millions and billions of dollars off of these underprivileged children and some dont even make it to the pros. it is slavery basically.

im writing because i was told black people still watch these games, buy jerseys and they arent even pro yet!...do you?
    if your son had talent would you want that to be him. these men and women are being screwed and we are contributors if we watch these games on t.v or buy any merchandise colleges sell.

im also surprised these players are not standing up to these people especially when "they need them." colleges are profiting big-time while these students are struggling financially and their families and they are not getting a good education.

2. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I have for a long time now, I no longer watch college sports events especially college Basketball and Football. Although our athlete gets treated like dummies with great athletic ability in the pro-world, but at the college level they are being exploited with no way to earn any incentive of that billion dollars industry. People usually say but they get scholarship they are not paying for college. The ironic thing is that these guys are so focus in making in the NBA or the NFL so much, when they failed to go pro lets say to due lack of skills or career ending injuries, many of them don't have the scholarly discipline to study to maintain the grade to stay in the college. Therefore they will be out of college altogether. If I have a son who is blessed with Athletic talent, he would have to get paid for his talent in college, not just a scholarship, because I would make sure that he is as educated about life and this system as he is talented. Our people are getting exploited because their parents let it happen. The Parents and the Athletes are so focus in themselves and getting rich, they won't take a stand no matter what, it's is another case of our people not recognizing their worth and greatness. They are the ones with the talents who generate the money, yet the let themselves be treated like slaves and puppets. Look at the NBA and the NFL lockouts last year was a prime example of how these athletes are nothing but money generators, they don't respect them. Anyway Sports in this country goes against the Laws of God, so my son would not be playing in this modern day Black exploitation.

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Our issue is that we don't understand OUR culture. See many of us denounce the European's culture--but what about OUR culture?

20s means "Warrior." Our 20s playing sports is the problem.

Any other solution different from getting our youth from the sports field to the battle field is counter-cultural.

HTP

4. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    i know...ive always thought cant our young men do something else other than play sports and chase women between games aren't they good for other things they are not all just dumb jocks, its money they are after and they sacrifice self for carnal desires.