Black People : Boyce Watkins - Rapper Common on racism: "Let's forget about the past"

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
BRAINWASHED.jpg

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.

I saw that particular show, and that is the danger and message in what Common said. Why do we have to forget our past, but everyone else can hold on to theirs. That is why so few of us know our history and how rich it is.

Peace!

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
I saw that particular show, and that is the danger and message in what Common said. Why do we have to forget our past, but everyone else can hold on to theirs. That is why so few of us know our history and how rich it is.

Peace!
Which is why, when 'they' speak like this, it has to be addressed. This idea that, well, 'they are they are singers, actors, athletes don't take'm seriously', is absurd.
As if there line of work matters.

When cosby was given his 'opinion' regarding black folks and race, nobody, but nobody said, 'Ahhh, he's just a comedian, don't take him
seriously'. Oh, such the double standard!!!

When given that platform to talk like that, one would be a fool to brush it off
and ask others to do the same.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days