Black Sports : Boxing Shocker: Tyson knocked out!!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
English boxer Danny Williams knocked out Tyson in the 4th round last night. Williams held his own, and traded with Tyson for 3 rounds, before dropping him in the 4th. Tyson got up to 1 knee, looked at the ref, but decided not to get up. Good victory for Danny Williams, the biggest of his career.

Mike Tyson is through as a serious contender, and has slipped even further than I thought. I have always been critical of Tyson's career, but even I didn't think he'd get knocked out in the 4th round by Danny Williams! I'm sure Mike will continue boxing, because there is little else he can do. He is a sad figure....it always saddens me when a boxer who is past his prime , continues to box because they need money.

Tyson made more money (over 300 million) than any fighter in history. Indeed most athletes in any sport (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc) don't make that type of money, yet Mike could not hold on to any of it. At 38 years of age, he is an old athlete; however, 38 years is relatively young in actuality. SMH...I see a tragic end for this brother (I hope I'm wrong).

like i said Mike Tyson at 38 was wash up i knew it !!!!
but man in the 4th i gave him at lease until the 6 or 7th round
to lose.....i agree i see a major destruction here of Tyson .....
sad to say our once champ is a has been and forgotten boxer

Makes me think of Ali and Foreman (Rumble in the Jungle) and how Foreman tried to come back after that and redeem himself. He(Tyson) should have went out of the game when it seemed he was on top. I hope he has some sort of dignity/pride left. I don't want to turn on the TV News and hear the brotha cracked under pressure of being washed up....and just started biting off EARS and stuff! I hope he stays positive and channels some of that fight in him into something positive.

If Mike is able to maintain his sanity...he could become a motivational speaker. Despite his reputation, Mike Tyson is quite articulate, and he has a lot of respect in the streets. Indeed, Mike can do much good if he chooses to. Unfortunately good choices have not been Mike's strong suit. Now that I think about it, Tyson's knocked loss to Danny Williams reminds me of the legendary Sonny Liston's last fight (a knock out loss to an unknown fighter). Liston was found dead not soon after that (to this day no one knows if he was murder or ODed)...I hope Mike doesn't meet the same fate. However the boxing & personal careers of Mike Tyson and Sonny Liston have mirrored each other. Both were two of the most feared heavyweight champs in the history of the sport, who had brushes with the law outside of the ring. Both would also lose their titles in shocking fashion, and never regain their form (eventually losing badly at the end of their careers). Mike Tyson has always identified with Sonny Liston, which is one of the last people who anyone should identify with (especially considering all the great personalities boxing has).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back