Black Sports : Boxing Need One League?

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
I think boxing needs to be set up in league format such as NBA or NFL. Until this happens you will always get set upo fights and cowards ducking those who can beat them. The fact there may not be a taylor vs tarver bout is just a crime. There should be a tournament style ending to every season.

what do you think fam, is the current set of 263 boxing federations sufficient. i mean boxing is heating up lkatley but I will always question the legitimacy until a real league is formed.

Therious said:
I think boxing needs to be set up in league format such as NBA or NFL. Until this happens you will always get set upo fights and cowards ducking those who can beat them. The fact there may not be a taylor vs tarver bout is just a crime. There should be a tournament style ending to every season.

what do you think fam, is the current set of 263 boxing federations sufficient. i mean boxing is heating up lkatley but I will always question the legitimacy until a real league is formed.

It wouldn't be a crime if Taylor vs Tarver never happens, because they aren't in the same weight class (Taver is 2 weight classes above Taylor). However, I do think that boxing would benefit greatly by having a league format, comparable to the NBA or NFL. Their are many calling for such a move to be made reality. One of the many factors that would make this difficult is that unlike the NBA or NFL, boxing is truly a international sport. Indeed the majority of boxing's champions are from foreign countries, and they live in different countries. Also unlike the NBA and NFL which only has a few hundred players, there are literally tens of thousands of boxers competing every year. Much though would have to be put into who fights who, and what factors will determine a fighter's rise in the rankings.

panafrica said:
It wouldn't be a crime if Taylor vs Tarver never happens, because they aren't in the same weight class (Taver is 2 weight classes above Taylor). However, I do think that boxing would benefit greatly by having a league format, comparable to the NBA or NFL. Their are many calling for such a move to be made reality. One of the many factors that would make this difficult is that unlike the NBA or NFL, boxing is truly a international sport. Indeed the majority of boxing's champions are from foreign countries, and they live in different countries. Also unlike the NBA and NFL which only has a few hundred players, there are literally tens of thousands of boxers competing every year. Much though would have to be put into who fights who, and what factors will determine a fighter's rise in the rankings.

okay Didnt know tarver was in another class. perhaps if they had national tournament then one international tournament. spring and summer would ne national, then fall and winter would be the international championship.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back