Black Sports : Boxing Bout Roy Jones jr.

$$RICH$$ said:
wow !! it was a no show for JONES i told ya it will be a different stroke now what seem to be wrong with JONES he wasn't the same Roy to me and this guy took him apart and came in round 2 and rock his world by KO !!!!some say it was a dive Jones took only to get a rematch and blast Tarver ! what u think ?????

A dive?? Of course not....did the Spurs take a dive against the Lakers? Roy Jones has been the best boxer of the last 10 years, but no one is unbeatable. Roy is not used to getting hit (he usually ducks & rolls with punches), and Tarver hit him with a perfect shot. Indeed, Tarver hit Roy with a fantastic shot, that Roy never saw.......end of the night. No matter how great you are, that can happen to anyone.

Now what surprised me about this was that I have seen Antonio Tarver before. What makes me so accurate in my boxing predictions is that I watch everyone. Indeed as you guys know I am a huge boxing fan. I watch not just HBO & Showtime....I watched the old USA Tuesday Nights Fights, ESPN Friday Night Fights, Fox Sports Sunday Night Fights, Golden Gloves Matches, Telemundo, Telefutura, I watch literally every fight that comes on TV. As a result I know most boxers. I know who has a shot, when an upset is possible, and who is being overhyped. I called most upsets in the last 15 years: Bowe-Holyfield, Holyfield-Tyson,
Mosley-Forrest, Mosley-Wright....in all these fights I knew the challenger was being underestimated.

I was suprised by this fight, because I have also watched Antonio Tarver's career, and quite honestly he seemed average to me. Don't get me wrong, Tarver seemed like a good fighter, but there was nothing about him that would make me think he could beat the legendary Roy Jones Jr. I do know that some fighters train & perform to the level of their opposition. Apparently this is the case with Antonio Tarver. He has been obsessed with beating Roy Jones Jr for the last 5 years. Last night he made good on his obsession. I will say this though....Tarver is 35, has lost 2 times, and has been knocked down 2 times. Although he is the man as of now....he is very beatable!! You have to love boxing......anything can happen!

tarver just has roy's number...to me, roy look a little tenative coming into the ring, he didn't look his normal confident self...he was not even sweating b4 the bout started like he had not warmed up properly...a champion can be knocked out, the testiment to how tru a champion he is is how he fights after that...i was in total disbelief watching the fight, tarver talked helly smack...and he(tarver) just wanted it more....
one love
khasm

I can't believe he lostt. I didn't see it, but I saw highlights on ESPN. That's crazy. There will be a 3rd fight I hope, because I won't miss that one. Not even seeing the fight I think Roy probably didn't prepare properly because from the fights I've seen of Tarver he should not have won. But like someone said....anything is possible. Congradulation to Tarver...he wanted it more. Now he has it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back