Quiet Poetry Lounge : boxes (sort of)

there is a mature and patient undertone to this poem that just reeks of love. Its as if the writer isn't asking for permission to enter the attic...she has assessed its cobwebs and aging papers with eyes wide open. The melancholy dust hasn't scared her away...it drew her closer to him.

Now she has made an emotionally intelligent decision and anticipates delving into the inventory...as soon as the object of her affection is ready she will cover him with staying power.

She isn't afraid of what she'll find, she's more excited about reading in between his lines...

Great post...as usual

there is a mature and patient undertone to this poem that just reeks of love. Its as if the writer isn't asking for permission to enter the attic...she has assessed its cobwebs and aging papers with eyes wide open. The melancholy dust hasn't scared her away...it drew her closer to him.

Now she has made an emotionally intelligent decision and anticipates delving into the inventory...as soon as the object of her affection is ready she will cover him with staying power.

She isn't afraid of what she'll find, she's more excited about reading in between his lines...

Great post...as usual

Brother Poet NittyGrit,

I am growing quite fond of you. (smile) Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time out to do a thoughtful and in depth analysis of my work. It was truly a pleasure to read and I am humbled. Thanks again for stopping by and leaving words. You've made my day.

to take one's heart, and wipe away all the past residue of hurtful things...and clean up the dreams that yesterday failed to bring...and cradle it protectively, deep in you special place...is a wonderful thing. something that should be experienced by all. for love done right is never to be made sad.

you did this well.

thank you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back