Black Sports : Bout to watch JT v Ouma

MississippiRed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 11, 2004
Alright since Brother PanAfrica is not around I'm taking up the Boxing/Combat Sports Yoke and from here on out I'm gonna bring it to yall boys ...

I'm bout to watch JT v Ouma......my prediction Ouma is going to sleep he ain't hard to hit he stands there and throws a lot but ain't got power....

Last night a potna of mine won a MMA fight in Strikeforce San Jose Eugene Jackson old school UFC cat went to work and got it done....

Anyway yall here we go post ya prefight thoughts because anything after the fight is over is just talk..

WAR Jermaine..( gotta pull for the South baby)

MississippiRed
Strength & Honor

kemetkind said:
I needed to study for some other work-related stuff and missed the fight. How did JT look?

I was disappointed to see he didn't knock Ouma out. I saw a highlight where they said JT got cut and was bothered by it?

Did he say anything about winky after the fight?

It was honestly a good fight bruh......

JT looked strong as hell but honestly I don't see progression from where he was last year .....That being said JT in my opinion knows who he is as a fighter now he's a banger he wants to fight not box and he throws everything with bad intentions...the only thing I don't like is he tends to be easy to hit over his left so he takes some to give some......however I'll say it like boys our way say it... old boy ain't playin not even a lil taste........

I gained a great amount of respect for Ouma he's a tough SOB man for real....JT was hitting him flush with straight goodnight power and he just kept coming forward . I see now how some cats just wilt under his determination and toughness......

Nothing was really mentioned about Wink....except that he said he had more folk in the front rows of his fight than Wink had in the whole venue...it was funny to me........LOL...

JT is supposedly ( don't take this for concrete though) to jump up and fight Calzaghe ... now that to me will be a good fight classic boxer v puncher bout.....but I think JT is game enough and hard enough to beat Calzaghe and I give him nothing but respect ..

JT earned a fan last night bruh and I'm not ashamed to say it...most of yall cats on here know it's hard for a fighter to make me a fan they gotta show ya boy something but JT showed me that he in it to win it last night..

The cut was not real bad but enough to bother him a bit ..it was from an accidental headbutt.....overall JT looked good man and he hit Ouma with some shots that would have put the average cat on their arse ....So to me it was a beautiful fight......
JT won every round because Ouma couldn't put together any real offense but dude never stopped coming forward man I mean not even for a second......

Overall JT looked good and determined to me not a whole lot better than before but it did look like now he knows he's a fighter not a boxer and as such he's trying to just damage his opponents and he got power in both hands whether he's going forward or backing up...

There's a little talk about a rematch with Wink but right now personally I want him to go to England and rearrange Calzaghe then come back and figure out what's what......At first I thought he wasn't gonna be taking a lot of tough fights but he's proving me wrong and just fighting anybody ....I'm loving that man....

Anyway that was my take on the fights......

MississippiRed

WAR Floyd Jr. against Oscar

WAR Saints ...!! like yall ain't know.

Man now I'm hating I missed the fight!

Did you record it?

I know panafrica probably did and I sure hate the brother doesn't come around much.

If Calzhage presses forward I think JT could take him...but if JT has to chase Calzhage...and you're saying his defense isn't any better...he's going to take some shots to get his off.

As long as JT doesn't get whatever drug they had in Jeff Lacy's drink he should be ok.

I'm not gone lie I would probably still back JT if he was weak cause he's representing the South, but dude got heart and he hasn't tried to change and become somebody else after he got paid (no "pretty boy" or "suga" or none of that jazz...)

If you know someone has the fight I'd like to get a copy...

Speakin of pretty boyz, you picking floyd over ODH?

Yeah Bruh ...man in the boxing forums I go to cats are just thinking Calzaghe is gonna school JT ...the one thing JT will have going for him in my opinion is that Calzaghe is a boxer and as such likes to keep space . This only helps JT because from what I've seen his power is usually at the end of his punches when he has room to fully extend so if Calzaghe stands out there he's going to get touched up

To me the fact that Ouma lasted the whole fight had nothing to do with JT's lack of power it has to do with Ouma's style and the fact that dude is just tough as hell. Ouma smothers folk always keeping pressure on so he'd get in JT would get a couple pops and clinch like he's supposed to do. JT like I said wants that space cuz he knows that's where he's going to generate his power .

Oh man come on now....you know I'm taking Floyd Jr. I gotta Bruh . I do see Floyd as one of the greatest boxers today and maybe at some point ever. I don't think ODH will be able to catch him with any real damaging power shots and Floyd will be cautious and grind it on out. If you notice with bigger cats then him he sort of looks like Bhop when he fights. Picking his shots, potshotting, being careful not to catch any hard shots. Even though Manny thinks thats boring and a cop out that's a mark of a smart fighter in my book and I see him doing the same against ODH, taking him to decision (I don't think he'll be able to put him down Oscar is a tought cat too) and just potshotting , with some flurries thrown in throughout the fight.

Now if Oscar gases out then all bets are off because if he lets Floyd get on top of him and start connecting them clean shots he might go to sleep.

MississippiRed

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back