Black People : Boule: Is Asa Hilliard a sellout?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
  2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Before I even attempt to answer the question I have one of my own. Why do people equate the term Boule with "sell out" when its also the name of a community of Africans in the Ivory Coast?

As it relates to the "Greek" this term was a reference to part of the city government and I personally think that this term has been used incorrectly.

This stated, I will put my neck out there and answer NO in relation to Dr. Asa Hillard.

Its not my normal practice to dishonor Ancestors.

Peace

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Agreed. I once bought into this fanaticism when I was in my early and mid 20's circa 1998-2001, but I have decided to moderate. This ancestor has done alot, I can only speak for myself, so I will say he has done alot to further my development - sometimes more so than the non-sell-out folks. Regardless of his overall aim, I can only look at the impact he has had on me. Anyone want to call me a sell-out can do so, but understand until you receive death threats throughout the day and at 4 o clock in the morning because you are
    bucking the system, don't try to get on my level.

Black/bird

4. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I hate to say it... but.

I would have to say yes. Let me explain why. The word sell out means someone who was once on Your Team, but at some point, was bought of, scared of etc.. etc.. and switch sides.

Asa Hilliard was a great man, and did great deeds for us. But at some point, and for whatever reason, he crossed over. This doesn't mean that he didn't do anything for us! It simply means that After he did many things for Africans.. he sold out.

It hurts me to say it, but how can a Pan-Afrikanist join a secret "Greek" society (we all know what the Greeks did to us), that was modeled after Skull & Bones (which is a White Supremacist Society that practices homosexuality on the regular) and we sit here and say, "no big deal".. he is still on OUR side.

I can't do it.

I will always honor the works that he did, but I will also recognize that he crossed over.
    That is just my opinion.

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    I don't know nor care one way or the other. I do KNOW...what he TAUGHT.

He was the first Scholar of Afreekan Descent who supported my final awakening here. The year was 1990 and he was the Haramabee speaker at my very first National Association of Black Social Workers Conference. It was held in Atlanta, and this was my first trip there as well.
    From him I learned how in I beleive it was Bolivia, where once the Afreekan population was at 33% yet in 30 yrs time, it was at 0%. No more Afreekans in Bolivia and it only took thirty years and I suppose tried and true methods of population reduction. Poverty, War and Illness were the primary weapons used.

I focus on the MESSAGE and NOT the Messenger.
    I also think about...how will knowing what his dealings in the boule now...help or hurt us and we carry the torch he passed to us:?:
    What have we learned which we can carry FORWARD:?:
    all the rest is just some ish we need to flush and not carry with us

Thanks for Sharing

M.E.
    :hearts2:

6. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    4 am? You doing a little too much bucking.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Bruh, it was a grapple with city contracts where I and a couple of others went against this clandestine organization in my home city called the Council of 100. There were certain Boule members who sit on that Council along with oyinbo handlers. I've chilled since then, as I am a family man now, but I am always willing to ride. I just do more so in the occult way now. Although this week, I do plan to "strongarm" some landmen that are suspecting some stupid Black folks to deal with. Hell, n'all, not under my watch.

Black/bird

8. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Thats that warrior mentality that I love to see. May the Ancestors bless you on your journey.

9. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Yes indeed brother the balance. I have lost countless jobs promotions postions etc because i have refused to let injustice go by. Sometimes the thought of just"minding my own bussiness" is very attractive. support runs out when the pocket book gets affected true that! How do we balance this equation is the question for ones family has to eat and the simplicity of the matter is revoultionary does not equal fat pockets. So i can understand why some " choose" to give in but by me being a man whom has never had much the revoluntionary selection is easy for i have never had much to loose.

I spoke with an elder during breakfast and he told me throw black,white,republican,democrat out the window u have to get with the winning team. I am one whom could never gravitate towards a game of cat and mouse because it seemed so in just. but it seemed to bother the elder nonetheless. He was concerned with getting his. I understand this postion. I just hope the decisions i personally make does not hamper the current life standerd that my family wishes to enjoy. For my spirit cannot handle the cat and mouse games while i am supposing to be representing my people but i am really representing my self. The crime in my opinion is fooling our people that they have become a part of the process with small incentives. while setting us up for major set backs over the long haul. I guess it is allways going to be judged by the vantage point of the observer. I guess every brother has to negotiate when they do not have a winning hand in order to get something out the deal. my heart just cant go that route. hotep

10. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    I don't "negotiate" nothing with the devil or his associates. I'm all about protecting and seeing progress within and amongst the Original Nation.