Black People : Boston Police Arrested on Drug Charges

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Jul 21, 2006.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Boston Police Arrested on Drug Charges​

BOSTON (AP) - Three Boston police officers accused taking $35,000 in exchange for protecting a cocaine shipment were arrested in Miami on federal drug charges in an FBI sting operation, authorities said Friday. Roberto Pulido, 41, described by authorities as the ringleader, and fellow officers, Carlos Pizarro, 36, and Nelson Carrasquillo, 35, were arrested late Thursday.

All three officers appeared briefly Friday in federal court in Miami but did not enter pleas. The judge said he would appoint attorneys to assist with their Miami proceedings and ordered them held until a detention hearing, set for Wednesday. "The alleged criminal activities of Pulido, Pizarro and Carrasquillo are truly appalling and are an affront to every decent law enforcement,'' said U.S. Attorney Michael J. Sullivan.

John McNeil, an assistant U.S. attorney from Boston, said the three officers were in Miami to "celebrate'' their alleged drug transaction and to discuss further deals with undercover agents they thought were cocaine dealers. "This was supposedly the dealers' base,'' McNeil said. The investigation into Pulido started in November 2003 when authorities discovered he was buying and selling fraudulent retail store gift cards from stores including Home Depot and Best Buy. In a court affidavit, authorities alleged Pulido bought the fraudulent gift cards from an identity theft ring operating along the East Coast.

Pulido allegedly provided names, dates of birth and Social Security numbers to the group of 160 people, according to the affidavit. He is accused of getting the information by running the license plates of people he stopped or arrested.

Authorities allege that Pulido also participated in a wide range of criminal activities, with Pizarro and Carrasquillo taking part in some. The allegations include protecting drug shipments, identity theft, sponsoring illegal after-hours parties with prostitutes, money laundering and insurance fraud. A hearing on their removal to Boston was set for Aug. 2 in Miami.

By DENISE LAVOIE 07/21/06 The Associated Press
    Full article here:
    http://channels.isp.netscape.com/ne...1/20060721/1505359967.htm&sc=1110&floc=NI-ne1

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Well-

What can I say - Meet the Amerikkkan Police Department.

KD

3. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    ...and to think they are from my home state, taxachusetts, taxation without no kind of representation!!!! white male domination previals!!!

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Haven't lived there in a while, but I lived there for 12 years, and I can't say that this is surprising. I'm not wondering how it is that they specifically got caught, but who finally decided that they should be caught. I suppose there's some justice if you cross the wrong person, smh. Thanks for the info oldsoul.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    took em 3 years to close the investigation, huh?