Science and Technology : Bored and lonely? Blame your phone

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
It's a :crying: shame what's happen to society
:facepalm:

Bored and lonely? Blame your phone
Our emotions today are radically different from what 19th-century Americans felt. That’s partly due to technology

And what they found was striking: We don’t merely develop new devices for expressing our emotions — our devices actually alter what emotions we express...

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/2/18510958/social-media-addiction-boredom-loneliness-society-technology-smart-phones
By Sean Illing

People look at their smartphones and tablets at the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City in September 2013.
Jose Antonio Maciel/Moment Editorial/Getty Images

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: