Black History Culture : Books

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Mikha'el, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    What are some books on African History? A good beginners book that goes as far back as possible?

2. Honey1201

Honey1201 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization by Anthony Browder. Copywrite is only 1992.:)

3. KaHotep

KaHotep Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +109
    The more books we write up across subjects, the more the library builds up for reference so the future seeds can always participate in their own culture ethnocentric. This is also for establishing our own future schools like the great muthas and fathah did before us with colleges and k-12. Got a few of them here in SC. So whatever you specialize in that is non-fiction please put it out, even if it is just a pamphlet for 2 bucks as an ebook. At least it has a title, section and also keyword strokes will pull it up when opening up browsers like this site when you type in something...it is always seen especially when the public request it enough from several different browsers. A huge network indeed. Start a local afro library movement and pay scholars like the college students to write up studies in the form of books. For example, you can have three students input on a 100 page Science book, somebody besides the college students can be the editor, and another a publisher. Print the book physically and hang a sign up advertising a non-profit local afrikan library for donation like this site. The more the donation, the more a book can be made of replication and/or birthed. Plus that get scholars who are out of school and in school a chance to get paid and incentive for exceling in their field of studies showing major support to the forward progress of education. This encourages morale to a great extent in the neighborhoods. Buy a laser printer or one of those major ones and have calligraphy classes for the local library so students can press up their own front making the authors message very unique and more valued than even the library of Congress and so forth. Bring Timbuktu back to life...I see Mansa Musa in this vision as the books are gold with so many scholars in the hood until it is ridiculous. Even get art classes going so art value increase since the wars took ours away as this also create an escape for kids to release pressure deflating violent tendencies and of course the teen pregnancy rate if we keep the minds active with a higher conscious. I believe these were the tools after the rites of passage to establishing our own culture passing down stories on top of that too. But it is just a start though...little Africa in every county spreading rapid statewide in your area too. G.H.E.T.T.O. Theme: Greatest Humbled Equals TwoGAGUT Tactically Operating.

And the library can be anywhere like locally kept at home or in one of those abandoned houses, just get a bookshelf and start it up. Buy language books for all kind to include ours especially. Buy a rosetta stone software for business and get a pallet of computers from the local fed or state auction and make a closed network. A closed network usually consists of a local server, nodes, a smart hub or smart switch, cabling and NICs or wireless cards, and to cut down on money costs download Linux or findout what application Afrika got out. Ten computer setup should be sufficient with a number of hours producing a certificate of completion turning brains into diplomatic as a diplomat needs to communicate with several countries and so, why not make diplomats from the hood communicating to negotiate monies into the hood? A vacuum is not absolute as we all know it but if the power is on we can create one temporarily until the power is turned off. The funds can be from the churches, self-fundraising, own personal ends and etc. to initial start the venture. Have it where all books cannot be checked out but bought. Have space for the readers, language folks, tutoring, book writers and Afrikan storytelling time. A space is a space to be occupied with an object from the thought push by the enlightenment from the emotional state of mind.

listening to 2pac when thinking of this..."Never had a friend like me"

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    African Origin of Western Civilization...Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan
    Destruction of Black Civilization....Chancellor Williams
    African Origin of Civilization, Myth or Reality....Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop
    Egypt, Child of Africa...Dr. Ivan Van Sertima

Just those four alone should do the job of answering a WHOLE LOT of questions that you can possibly come up with....and for good measure, you can throw in; MAN,GOD and Civilization...John G.Jackson.

If someone reads those five books and don't get it, they are never going to get it!

5. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    http://store.finalcall.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Math&Search.x=18&Search.y=11

http://black-culture.tumblr.com/ebooks

I put post with links like so many others, and post up books too. Don't fight the system, just ignore it like it wasn't there. An ole school 70 something year mutha once told me this a couple years back. I was helping her on the bus and asked her about our production of books and education as is. I'm telling you all we need is to produce our own books of math and science. Somebody graduates with a BS or BA or whatever degree, then put out one that corresponds to our level of math, which is tremendously high!!! Not the stuff you see in college so to speak. Put these books in local libraries and websites. The power is in numbers, the numbers are the people, the people have the power from within already it is just nobody was not born with instructions on how to use the brain! Use your brain. Didn't 2pac say this on "White Man'z World" with a couple of black speakers in the background? Go back even further if you will. I just let information come to me as if the ancestors was dropping assists or something cause we all on the same team and so, each and ever last one of us got to play our role. I might be the PG somebody is a SG, and another is the Center, somebody else is the PF while another is the SF. The plays are already in action and now, Duty and Selfless Service is the key under your own Personal (Spiritual) Courage. We are going to happen regardless you or I do it once the information is release from the senses. It has too by way of spiritual law. It has to manifest...cause somebody lit a spark for another to fire the torch and run with it until another enlighten being shining says "I'm here and will be proudly to take us to the next level".

6. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    You cannot have a school full of Afrikan kids without their knowledge to learn from. We are the books! Read and produce since you are a character with a pen. A character writes his/her own books and not the oppressive author. I write, he writes, she writes, we all write and watch how the world crimes on us decrease, while G.H.E.T.T.O. production increase. I'm telling you...all probability.