Black People : BOOKS, BOOKS. BOOKS, ON THE AFRICAN WORLD...

This is a very good list. I own The Destruction of Black Civilization, read Visions for Black Men, gave away the Mis-Education of the Negro [to a young brotha out of love], currently reading Introduction to African Civilizations by John G. Jackson, and I am looking forward to more books.

Thank you for this list.

CD

Great list, I have most of these in my library. Nice to see Cheikh (Share) Anta Diop a Senegalese in there Isaiah. My husband is proud of that as well. Unfotunately, he is not revered as he should be in Senegal. He is one of the great Afrakan men who risked his life to speak and write truth to power. He was mutlifaceted- a linquist, a chemist, an anthropologist, mathematician a biologist, a historian, an author, fluid in French, Wolof.

Made several comparative studies of the ancient lanquage of the Kemetians and Wolof. Brillaint warrior. A mentor, for several contemporary Afrakan historians from all over the diaspora. He came to Morehouse in the 80's to meet with our historians here. People like Asa Hillaird, Leonard Jeffries, Turner, Ivan Van Sertima and many more. I have a book of his speech to them and write ups from them about him. After his visit, he mysteriously died in his sleep.

I just learned that Ivan Van Sertima, another profound historian, anthropologist, has alzhiemer. Let us pray for this wonderful warrior who also wrote several incredible books as well. Let us pray for him.

Peace and love.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back