Black Education / Schools : Books Black People Should Read

Senegal

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 7, 2016
I have always loved to read. Mostly it was done to escape reality and later on as an adult it was to learn. About 10 years ago I started reading non stop. Basically I read a book and then I start on another. If the book I read merits it, I will reread it. I am looking for more books to read and hoping people can recommend some good books that are conducive to life changing ideas for us Black folks along with the reason why you chose to share that particular book.

51oqw8x58FL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is one of my favorite books. Its an eye opener and explains why you do the things you do. When you apply it in the context of Black people seeming not to learn from our mistakes it takes on special significance.

I agree about habit.

Out of the two similar threads, both can be views as black not being relevant until the mid 1900s. We go back to times of antiquity. But I do like books like this also. It's amazing to see yourself as you're reading about the human condition.

Peace!

[QUOTE="Enki, post: 956728, member: 26150" I agree about habit.

Out of the two similar threads, both can be views as black not being relevant until the mid 1900s. We go back to times of antiquity. But I do like books like this also. It's amazing to see yourself as you're reading about the human condition.

Peace!/QUOTE]

Peoplle, what chance do we stand in our communities in the UK and USA and even our countries in the Diaspora and Africa when our Mis-leadership/totally baffled and confused socio-economic elite STILL continue to send their children and the rest of our brightest youth to be systematically formally mis-educated in the West/OTHER countries as standard; as opposed to utilizing TRUE African History as [provided by our own historians like Che Ante Diop, Asa G Hilliard III, Dr Henrik Clark, Dr Ivan van Sertima and the still alive Anthony T Browder’s books] the core of their knowledge base in History and ALL of the other subject’s curriculums [should have been TRUTHFULLY updated post our alleged “Independence”/haven’t been corrected TODAY] taught in our countries in the Diaspora and Africa?
Flattop.jpg
Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

[QUOTE="Senegal, post: 956712, member: 56865" I have always loved to read. Mostly it was done to escape reality and later on as an adult it was to learn. About 10 years ago I started reading non stop. Basically I read a book and then I start on another. If the book I read merits it, I will reread it. I am looking for more books to read and hoping people can recommend some good books that are conducive to life changing ideas for us Black folks along with the reason why you chose to share that particular book.

51oqw8x58FL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is one of my favorite books. Its an eye opener and explains why you do the things you do. When you apply it in the context of Black people seeming not to learn from our mistakes it takes on special significance./QUOTE]

SHOULDN'T ALL OF OUR SCHOOLS in general, especially the traditionally Black Schools in the UK, USA the rest of the Diaspora and Africa in particular be teaching our own truthfully updated History Curriculum highlighting our so diverse but efficiently marginalized or totally ignored contributions to Civilization in every area of human activity over the last 5000 years; thus reprogramming the minds of the people of African ethnicity with our TRUE history [as unearthed by our own historians] as a truly superlative therapy for the residual trauma of the ongoing AFRICAN HOLOCAUST, for which both an apology and reparations are STILL missing TODAY, aren't THEY?

The Destruction of African Civilisation (Chancellor Williams), and Blacks in Science (Ancient & Modern), They Came before Columbus The African Presence in Ancient America (edited by Dr Ivan van Sertima), Nile Vallely Contributions to Civilisation and the Browder Files I & II (Anthony T Browder) are all interesting and uplifting books that will fully update your knowledge of African history, along with being the ready-made textbooks of our updated African History Curriculum.

Our spiritual/intellectual heavyweights can attempt Dr Frances Cress Welsing’s book The Isis Papers-The Key to the Colours, which is an in depth analysis of Racism and White Supremacy and all the relevant Symbols that pervades every aspect of our lives. She literally puts forward a program at the end of the book as to how to limit the damage done to us collectively as we attempt to survive in this blatantly hostile White Supremacist Racist environment.

Yurugu [An African Centred Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behaviour] by Marimba Ani is the ultimate rigorous Spiritual and Intellectual workout, which literally leaves no stone unturned in its microscopic examination/dissection of white Europeans/Caucasians and their psyche’s ongoing malevolence [towards the rest of the human family in general, the peoples of African ethnicity specifically]; due to the fundamentally warped Platonic concept of “Objectivity” blended with Plato’s higher mind/limbic brain spiritually/intellectually alienated drivel through which THEY consciously discern themselves to be the head/brains of Humanity, relegating the rest of the human family into “OBJECTS” to be controlled/culled as they see fit, as opposed to being entitled to the same rights and privileges to enjoy their lives and prosper, as Europeans/Causcasians /Whites.

Yurugu-as defined by the Dogon of Mali = a being born prematurely without his female twin-soul. Realizing that he was flawed and therefore deficient, forever incomplete, who was and is doomed to perpetually search for completeness that could never be his.

How do the Dogon know so much about just how fundamentally twisted/unwell the LUCIFERIAN LUNATICS/POWER ELITE inc/status quo [and their lackeys of many hues] are, or can you think of another reason why they are currently so determined to turn this planet into a very real hell in the 21st century?

Marimba Ani’s Yurugu would serve as a ready-made textbook for Advanced Level African Studies right up to Doctorate level, as this extremely challenging read is that comprehensive and relevant with regard to rationally evaluating/knowing exactly how our enemies are going to behave as standard in this very hostile, extremely challenging environment.

Would you ALL agree that there is a mountain of useful information that we peoples of African ethnicity in general, our would be leaders and leaders specifically need to ingest and digest if we’re going to even begin to deduce how to constructively develop ourselves and our communities in order to kick start the African Renaissance in the 21st century?

treszapotes3.jpg

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

When I was a kid my mom who always smiled would take me to a gigantic bookstore in Port Washington & we'd buy lot's of books, well she bought the books I would just like pick them out & she would laugh & say Dami why do want to read such dull books? I never liked reading comic books because the pages smelled funny, Anyway since my grandpa was in the Air Force a long time ago & he was one of those guys who would be underground in Missouri I think & he and another Air Force guy would sit down there for a real long time & watch a board in case we had a war with the Soviet Union & they would launch bombs but I said that to say I had a fascination for how they did that, I always thought airplanes would drop atomic bombs but they also had what he did so my mom always bought books about Air Force stuff & how they protected America from the Soviet bombs, I also learned about how we almost went to war with Cuba who we are friends with now which is a good thing because me & my dad couldn't fly to Cuba directly like my mom could, we'd have to fly to Central America first then take an airplane to Cuba & if anything were to happen to me and my dad my mom said the U.S. State Dept. would not help us because we weren't even supposed to be in Cuba. Well anyway I was never into to novels I always liked scientific stuff & war stuff because my dad was in the Navy & I guess he was like grandpa being around flying bombs because he served on a submarine that had nuclear bombs & he'd be away from mom & I a really long time, sometimes my mom would cry at night & I would cry too because sometimes I would think if we had a war with the Soviet Union he wouldn't ever come back home so I read & read & read everything about the bombs grandpa had to sit & watch the boards & my dad in a submarine under lot's of water not being able to even see the sun & one day he might never see the sun again because he had to bomb the Soviet Union while their bombs would kill us so I needed to know that what he & grandpa did was what GOD really intended, I guess reading lot's of books about what grandpa & daddy did made everything alright with me & eventually I would explain these things to mom & I really think that made her feel much better about what the men in our family were dedicated to freedom & the heavy toll it can exact on a marriage & family. They're both home now & we take very good care of the men that allowed America to sleep nights knowing that they would not hesitate one second to protect America from aggression at all cost. I said all that to say this, when I graduate from college I swear & vow to join the U.S. Navy & sign up for submarine service & will apply to receive assignment on one of America's largest ballistic missile submarines & take up the helm from dad & grandpa to serve & protect the interest of America & it's people, thanks all for listening.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back