Egypt : Book of the Dead - My first look

Music Producer said:
In reading the rest of the Spells I began to get an overall view of the Egyptian perspective of the after life. They believed that they actually became the god, or they became a solder in the army of god in the fight against evil, or they lived an after life as a king or queen living in sanctimony bliss doing no work and could come and go between the realm of the living and the realm of the dead as they pleased.

This is about all I gleamed from the Egyptian Book of the Dead because there was no focus on one god or deity and anything about the gods or deities appeared flat because they are only references to larger stories and information. Without pre-knowledge of these stories or larger stories of information, the bits and peaces of the Egyptian book of the Dead have no correlation for the reader.

On my own final note, let me quote what has been written in the information provided concerning Ashby's version of the "Pert em Heru",

"The Pert em Heru is in every way comparable to the Indian Upanishads or the Theban Book of the Dead."

Brother I-khan raised a point concerning the validity of discussing and sharing information outside of the context of "Kemetic".

IF one views Asby's version as more credible that Budge's then what I sugggest examining how

THE PERT EM HERU IS COMPARABLE IN EVERY WAY to the Indian UPANISHADS and THEBAN "Book of the Dead"

Accomplishment of this task of course requires a thorough knowledge of the Pert em Heru, not as a RELIGION but as a "mystical tradition"...which of course means that one mustalso change the tendency to refer to this "mystical tradition" as MYTHOLOGY and that the Indian Vedic literature, particularly the Upanishads, also be treated with the same or COMPARABLE respect.

I have long begun upon this task which is why in the thread on African Cosmo-Genesis I asked regarding the "Indian" account of "ancient aircraft" (Vimanas)

Yes, Omo, people seem to not realize that Egypt existed as being run by Africans for more then 9000 years and out of all that time people that try to return to the religion of Kemet seem to only grab or be attracted to the last 2000 or so years. This is a terrible error because the last 2000 or so years of the Empire of Kemet shows that even the religion of Kemet became corrupted.

It is the corrupted portion of the Kemet religion that the white man publishes the most of. When you look at the information that is available about Kemet it becomes difficult to find religious information and writings from Kemet that predate the 5th Dynasty or even the Hyksos Period.

I tried to find a book on Coffin Text and found they want $200 and more for any books of the Coffin Text.

Are they controlling information?

I think they are trying to hide the fact that Kemet started out as Monotheist that mostly praised and worshiped themselves.

Music Producer said:
Yes, Omo, people seem to not realize that Egypt existed as being run by Africans for more then 9000 years and out of all that time people that try to return to the religion of Kemet seem to only grab or be attracted to the last 2000 or so years. This is a terrible error because the last 2000 or so years of the Empire of Kemet shows that even the religion of Kemet became corrupted.

It is the corrupted portion of the Kemet religion that the white man publishes the most of. When you look at the information that is available about Kemet it becomes difficult to find religious information and writings from Kemet that predate the 5th Dynasty or even the Hyksos Period.

I tried to find a book on Coffin Text and found they want $200 and more for any books of the Coffin Text.

Are they controlling information?

I think they are trying to hide the fact that Kemet started out as Monotheist that mostly praised and worshiped themselves.

Quote:

"I think they are trying to hide the fact that Kemet started out as Monotheist that mostly praised and worshipped themselves."

I'm not sure if the correct term is "Monotheist" but in another thread I mentioned the Akan belief in the 'Seven Original Families" and this is SIMILAR to the following (According to Budge):

"A group of Seven Gods, who, according to some authorities, formed the Seven Spirits, and, acording to others, the Seven Gods who watched over the Tomb of Osiris.

Again, these "Seven Gods" are "WATCHERS", similar to the Anu.N.Ki or "Ennead".

Another Seven are the Four "Sons of Horus" (i.e. Biblical "Sons of God") along with 3 more,

MAA ATEF
KHERI-BEQ-F
HERU-KHENTI-AREF

There is one thing I have been noticing the past 2 days when comparing the Akan names and the "Egyptian" hieroglyph, and the vowel structure.

This leads me to ask, when did the vowel "O" enter into the WRITTEN "Kemetic language" or into "speech"?

I do not see it in any written form prior to the "Theban Recension".

One more thing.

According to Hieratic script which dates back at least to the 1st Dynasty there are no glyps representing the vowels "e" or "u",

as in HERU...

Therfore, what I have CONCLUDED from all this is that things were "lost in translation" or purposely "mis-translated" when the script for PUBLIC records was changed from Hieratic to Demotic.

For example, there is no "Metu Neter" but mdw-ntr, which I think was suggested by someone earlier, or mdr-ndr, if the "d" is substituted for the "t".

The error I find here is what some folks have attempted to explain according to SPOKEN language while the argument I believe was asked regarding the WRITTEN form, which was "Hieratic", at least as far as written, religious texts are concerned.

And in this respect, changing a "t" and substituting with a "d" could make a major diiferent in the LITERAL MEANING of a word, especially in respect to the symbols or glypsh that are used.

A SNAKE and a HAND have "major" symbolic meanings which are quite different!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back