Black People : Book about Black Leaders

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Regina, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Regina

Regina Well-Known Member MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you read the book "Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America" written by Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson? It discusses how "Black Leaders" have used the Black community for their own agenda. It's interesting and worth reading it…

We have so many Blacks who perpetuate the stereotypes in our community. Instead, we have actresses like Vivica Foxx embracing the thug (However, I think it is a publicity stunt) and the pimp male image.

The Black experience is diverse. Yet, "Black People" constantly bombard the media with images of "keeping it real". Our Black organizations don't want to speak out against other Blacks for fear of showing a lack of Black unity. Others already know about the divisions among us, which they use to their advantage in business and the social agenda.

The only way to make someone do the right thing is through leverage which is either money, power, votes, or fear. We don't have leverage or we choose not to use it properly.

Even with increased wealth and education, we are becoming a lost people…

2. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    this is a VERY ESSENTIAL thread which needs OUR ATTENTION GLOBALLY....I am TOO FED UP with so called "Blackleadership",because as you said 9x outta 10 they have an agenda that has to do with PIMPING OUR OWN PEOPLE,which{if you ask me} is the WORSE KARMA you can bring upon yourself,getting over on your nation in the name of RIGHTEOUSNESS....the mere THOUGHT of it is DISGUSTING. Some of the select few of TODAY{who are WorldReknown} who are SERIOUS{by that of SUPREME ACTIVATION} about our people's PROGRESS is MAGIC JOHNSON,CHUCK D.,& KRSONE,WILL & JADA Pinkett-SMITH.