Black History Culture : Booing The Boot

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by PLATINUMILLITY1, Aug 17, 2008.

?

What do you Think? (About the Show and/or the Essay...please elaborate)

1. I Enjoyed It!

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Man...Please.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    This is My Essay That I wrote For my Composition Class Evaluating the Television Show The Boot
    It is entitled Booing The Boot

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    BLACKTASTICALLY DONE!!! :jump::jump:

I throughly enjoyed reading this. I can tell you, those shows are sickening to me as well and they get a double thumbs down form me as well.

Your descriptions were clearly articulated and gave me an excellent vision of just what you saw. I've not see that particular show, yet, I've been simarlarly exposed to many others. Those are predominantly shows that feature f.e.d.(folks of european descent or pink skinned) and they are also degrading. For F.A.D.(Folks of Afreekan Decent), I sense the impact is threefold. It's just like the saying "when white folks catch a cold, WE get the flu."

On another note; I'm really saddened of your initiation to dorm life. You sound as if your managing it like a "strong black woman", sucking up smaddy else's ish, not allowing yourself to be hindered by smaddy's b.s. I also trust you will at some point as you grow through roommates, develop or obtain the necessary resources to protect your space because it is not alright for the volume to be so high UNLESS your roommate has a proven problem with her hearing. Even then, you will come to know how and when to assert your 'right' to a safe space for studying and learning.

Thanks for Sharing your work!

M.E.
    :hearts2:

3. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    I am very Happy to hear that you enjoyed it(To some extend) and That it was informative to you....
    It is a Sad show sis....and if you didn't say it right.....The Flu is EXACTLY what we catch...just because we are subliminally trying to emulate evrything that others do...like a kid trying to belike and older person...but doesn't know how to...BECAUSE THEY AREN'T....
    To write it, I had to watch it gain so I was valid on what I was describing...that helped a lot for the description...but I tell ya, I was NOT happy about it!:puke2:

Thank you Sister True:heart:

Yeah...she was aggravating...to say the least...I actually ended up with a new roomate. She just didnt't work out(lol) But that other roomate is a TOTALLY different roomate(sometimes I wished to go back to the first, then I had to think about it:puke2:)

Peace Blessed Sister

4. asafo87

asafo87 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Don't tell me anybody is surprised here. :) Any show thats uses a pair of timbalands as its main theme should never be taken seriously, lol. But BET is basically trying to attract young black viewers by copying MTV shows and making them more ni**ardly since it's acquisition by Viacom. Doesn't The Boot remind you of that MTV show "Dismissed"? (but I digress)

Anyways good essay Platnium. What did your professor think about it?

5. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    feeling you all the way here PLAT

that right there speaks volumes

you made your points

with clear picture

boo the boot :Zzz::censored:

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I really don't find the program all that degrading (there's worse things on BET...like that cat selling miracle water at 2 in the morning, lol), but it is more pointless programming that plagues all of television today. There are alternatives to BET, like BETJ and TV1. They aren't as "pointless" as BET, and they show some good things every now and then, but I still find that neither challenge the status quo. Master P recently said he's coming out with his own network for black people, which is based around positive entertainment. It's good to see P doing this, because we need entertainment that reflects us in a positive manner, but at the same time it would be nice if we could break away from only viewing ourselves through the scope of only being entertainers....

7. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    Asafo...I don't know....I have probably caught the show...But the only one I really can remeber is Next...although they have a Plethera of dating shows.

She liked it from what I recieved...she said it was better because a few of my others I struggled with my message and she said this was clear and I described a lot. Pretty decent...I used it in my Final portfolio too(cheap shot) But It gets the Job done(Wanted an 'A' Reeeeeeaaalllyy bad)

LOL Thankx Dss..I appreciate it...In fact...I think I will take part in the "Booing" ritual with you

*deep breath*

BOOOOOOOOO
    (Ah, that felt good)
    Thankx Bro

Brother Jahari...smh

That Cat and Miracle water is on BET isn't it?
    Master P can get himself and Little Romeo off that show and I will then agree with what he wants to do...
    How many people watch BET jazz?
    Is Lil Boosey Woosie, mack and nem on there?

I do apreciate your slight rebuttal but...smh

8. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38

And We Need More then every now and Again/Then

9. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    lol, why so harsh sister? I stated that the miracle water infomercials do come on BET??? Master P also had a detailed list of the programming on his network, and it didn't look all that bad. It included healthy cooking shows, positive hip hop shows (instead of 106 and Park), Stand Up Comedy shows, positive shows for kids, etc. It seems to be a fairly good alternative as far as "entertainment" is concerned, but like I said we have to learn to view ourselves outside the realms of entertainment. BETJ from what I see isn't that bad...that station is the primary reason why I'm able to keep up with the new soul singers that come out nowadays (Raheem Devaughn, Noel Gourdin, Corinne Bailey Rae, etc.).....they also have programs dedicated to paying homage to elders that paved the way, My Two Cents (which is show that discusses important issues facing our community...although I feel as if it is just a yelling match between egos most of the time), and a few other programs. It's another nice alternative as far as "entertainment" is concerned, but at times it seems as if BET has this station to justify their overall coonery and inability to push the envelope.........so trust me when I say I'm not doing backflips over this...........

10. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    Not many peolpe watch BETJ. Thats what I mean....BETJ is there for people like you and me...we get mad a BET and Turn to BETJ it's bad enough to sustain us. Not so much that we do not settle, we do not watch anything that has the letters, we do not rest until BET is out of network...but so we can say"Well, BET has one station, BETJ"
    With all due respect to you Bro, i am not having it. I am tired of BET being At the perfect spot of channels. Children do not watch BETJ...children Watch "Supaman dat hoe"....and have no clue what "Like a star" is. That is why I can not let up on the subject...not until they do.

Now:D Back to this Master P character. It does sound like a wonderfulplan to implement, it really does. We ndo howver, need to worry about his Execution. I honestly believe he needs coaching to stay on track and not settle for he crap these companies will feed him. and it Matters what kind of Shows he has. I can watch house of pain...and that show is said to be very positive for African American Families. I even agree...to an extent...they have many of the Characteristics and classifications that we are suffering from right now. We can be positive, but only 'this' much.
    I am not having that either.

I mean no harm bro:love:
    I love you:kiss1:
    But I ain't having it:teach: