Black People : Boko Haram attack on Chinese firm in Cameroon; soldier reported killed

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, May 25, 2014.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    By Michael Martinez, Christabelle Fombu, and Pierre Meilhan, CNN
    updated 3:41 PM EDT, Sat May 17, 2014

(CNN) -- A Cameroonian soldier was killed and 10 Chinese nationals went missing after a Boko
    Haram attack in northern Cameroon, officials from China, the United States and France said
    Saturday.

No further details were immediately available on the circumstances of their disappearance, said Lu
    Quinjiang, first counselor of the Chinese Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon's capital.

One Chinese national was injured in Friday night's attack and was being treated by a Chinese medical
    team in the Chadian capital of N'Djamena, Lu said.

French President Fran├žois Hollande mentioned the incident Saturday while hosting a security summit
    in Paris about the growing threat from Boko Haram, the Nigeria-based terror group.

Later, U.S. Undersecretary of State Wendy Sherman specified Boko Haram as being behind Friday's
    attack in a region of Cameroon known to be a stronghold for the group.

"Cameroon just suffered its own Boko Haram attack at a Chinese company last night," Sherman said,
    noting also that Boko Haram is to blame for the abduction of more than 200 schoolgirls in Nigeria.

Several African and Western nations stepped up their search for the girls under a new plan announced
    at the security summit.

Boko Haram translates as "Western education is a sin" in the Hausa language that's the lingua franca
    in West and Central Africa. The militant group says its aim is to impose stricter enforcement of Sharia
    law across Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, which is split between a majority Muslim north and
    a mostly Christian south. Boko Haram's attacks have intensified in recent years.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/17/world/africa/cameroon-china-boko-haram/

2. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    Attacking the Chinese, that I can support because all they are doing is raping Africa of its natural resources. You know a gigantic Aquifer was just discovered somewhere in the area of South Africa less than a year ago that covers several countries in the region and the Chinese are trying to buy the whole dang thing its sickening how African leadership sell their own people out. I bet China will get a piece of it but I hope they will get entirely shut out. That Aquifer could turn that region into a farming powerhouse but we shall see what happens. African countries have got to stop reaching out for assistance they have the smarts and the know how to handle their resources without making deals to sell for cheap with little in return.

3. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    Actually,
    China is giving something back to these afrikan nations in terms of infrastructure.
    This is one significant reason why the u.s. is so deeply involved in afrikan affairs such
    as AFRICOM.

What infrastructure are euro-powers investing in in afrika?

4. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    It has also been reported that boko haram is an al-qaeda outfit backed by western/euro-powers like nato.
    And who runs nato? I'll give you 2 letters u and s....

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    s
    African leaders have no long term vision for their people. Selfishness and corruption and nepotism is what they are about...and we find people complaining about who is raping Africa. They are economists, engineers, doctors etc. who do things for African....I guess it easier to blame others for our plight. What did Kofi Anan do for Africa apart from talk, talk. Killing Chinese might be the end of Boko Horam. Chinese are fearless and will go after the terrorists.

How many African Americans or Africans are willing to invest in businesses, and real estate to employ other black folks. Black folks prefer to work hard in someone else's company. The attitude is just have two cars, children in Ivy League colleges, and money in the bank, and vacations...that is the end of the vision of most black folks.

6. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    LOL, no one needs Boko Haram, I can't get that through some you peeps. Let me repeat no bank, no transnational corporation, no country needs Boko Haram to get what they want, they already getting it and then some. Its a joke some of you actually think that.

7. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Deals they are making with China is probably favors China 80% to 95% and what is so bad China build infrastructure in African countries with Chinese and don't hire the local African people.

8. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I think some folks here have a serious problem with comprehension skills.. They cannot see the forest for the trees.

9. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    This is the Chinese mode of operation. They do it here too. When goverments in the Caribbean get loans to build certain projects, the Chinese bring their workers. As my grandmother would say...You have to eat the cou cou for the sake of the sauce...really sad.:(

10. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Boko Haram see a civil war around the corner they are simply positioning themselves to get a piece of the country.